+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/31 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Tonight's episode sure was a snoozer.
    I thought it was "Must see TV."
    "...and a time for every season under heaven."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I didn't read through the whole thread yet, so please forgive me if this was already said.

What is wrong with Janet??? Did she really need to tell the children about what she supposedly saw??? The children are still young and she should have known that it would have scared them I can't believe that the producers of the show would even play into this. Now the real mom and dad are going to be the ones who are up during the night with their children who are scared out of their minds. :rolleyes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'll betcha she'll leave $$ for the "ghost exorcism"... she's that way.

How totally embarrassing she was at the soccer game. She talks that way and thinks she's being "funny"...but she's not. Too bad that she thinks that way, cuz it's as if she has blinders on. Strange how adults do that. I know too many people like her, and it's very annoying.

Being afraid of cats is so over the top and uncalled for! I've known people like THAT too!

I think her family is being SO rude by not talking or engaging in any conversation.. I mean, what's it going to hurt to actually stop chewing and say what was your good and bad points of the day?!?!? Rude lil piss-ants. Who cares if MOM doesn't talk at the table...how about grow up and acknowledge that a GUEST in your home is speaking and hoping for some conversation? Novel idea. :rolleyes

Yea, I agree hepcat... this episode wasn't all that hot. But I'll still watch'm all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Janet doesn't like sports. Or cats. Or exercise, housework, farm animals, poop, tattoos, piercings........ Is there anything she does like? (Besides sleeping?)
    The cat thing was weird, and scaring the Levy children with her ''ghost'' talk was just ridiculous She should figure out that some of the younger children may get traumatized or scared....she should know better!! She was rude alot of the time, and just plain annoying....on the other hand I like the other mom, Marybeth, what a sweet caring lady...I think her and her husband provide a wonderful home for all their kids!

I think that you just posted a perfectly adequate recap of the episode. How are you going to come up with witty paragraphs of filler when one family absolutely will not talk, and the other is taken over by a Voice from Beyond (from beyond all reason and civility, anyway!)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

It seemed to me Janet sure put her foot in it on a regular basis, but isn't she the easy target? Here's five pages of jumping on her like a pack of wild dogs. Cheap shots.
    How about the rudeness of the other family? They really disgusted me, and so did their Stepford-esque community. I loved the house, however, if I could have it without the people or most of the animals, though. How much do you suppose that cost? I wonder if I could get something like that up in Washington if I kept "50 or 60" chickens...

As for the non-talking family, maybe they feel uncomfortable because they are used to people judging, sniping, backstabbing, and looking down their noses at them, and they are understandably wary. Not everyone grew up learning the skills to fit in with a pack. Just had to balance things out here a bit.
    Last edited by Harvest; 02-01-2005 at 07:50 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    How were they rude?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I don't get how the Washington family was rude in anyway. Instead the father should have been rude and told Janet to shut her trap when she was talking about ghosts and the house being haunted in front of his kids, as well as when she was insulting all his family friends. I think they were more courteous to her than what she deserved.

*Yaaaaawn* I really was hoping this would be another ONE hour only episode.
    But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, now I had to sit thru "ghosts"???? and crazy lady insulting everyone. And if I were blonde whose date said sure go ahead, I'd pulverize him.... :phhht :rolleyes
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I am so disinterested in the whole ghost situation. I hope the show sticks to its usual format instead of trying to make it more "interesting" with crazy ideas.

I also agree that this mom was very irresponsible by getting those children all freaked out about ghosts. It shows total self-absorption and immaturity.

+ Reply to Thread