+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 1/24/05 -Silly String Theory in Action

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    I rarely watch "Trading Spouses", but happened to catch this episode. I now know that I can clean instead of watch since Hepcat's recaps cover everything, and are a heck of a lot funnier than the show itself.
    Ditto... I thoroughly enjoyed your perception of Mia!
    Great re-cap!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Wonderful recap for some horrid reason it was not on in my area! Now I feel as if I saw it.

Thanks

Nice job Hep! Maybe Pappy's ailment is irritable bowel syndrome?

Wonderful recap, Hep. Love your humor....you nailed the insanity.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Half my heart is in Iraq! dvldggal's Avatar
    Dancing with the mailman cause I finally got a letter from my baby!
    [QUOTE=hepcat]
    The conversation gets even more uncomfortable when Mia brings up the family member serving overseas, wanting to know what they will tell Kyle if he is killed in Iraq. Bob is visibly angry, and tells Mia that she’s stepping on “personal ground” she knows nothing about. He adds that his son-in-law signed up voluntarily, which took a lot of courage; she’s turning his act of courage around and denigrating it.

Bob tells us that he was hurt by Mia’s callousness, especially when he remembers that his son-in-law Adam is protecting Mia, preserving her freedom. The corollary to that sentence, not voiced by Bob , is this: and she doesn’t for one second feel any gratitude for his service.

[/QUOTE=hepcat]

An avid lurker on this site, this part finally made me come out in the open to respond. There was really nothing warm or enduring about Mia's personality before her comments regarding the war, but this was WAYYYYY over the top. As someone who has sent my husband away too many times to count, (and he just left for the THIRD time to Iraq), her comments went beyond offensive. Personal beliefs are great (and what my husband signed up to defend) but overbearing, self righteous people of any sort need a reality check. Kudos to Bob and the rest of the family for taking the high road in dealing with this and shame on Mia for her insensitivity.

Also, major applause to hepcat for your recaps. You are the first recapper I read on this site months ago and you kept me coming back....not to mention the other great recappers I would have missed. Keep it up.
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Premium Member
    dvldggal God bless your husband, please tell him thank you for his service.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    [QUOTE=dvldggal]
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The conversation gets even more uncomfortable when Mia brings up the family member serving overseas, wanting to know what they will tell Kyle if he is killed in Iraq. Bob is visibly angry, and tells Mia that she’s stepping on “personal ground” she knows nothing about. He adds that his son-in-law signed up voluntarily, which took a lot of courage; she’s turning his act of courage around and denigrating it.

Bob tells us that he was hurt by Mia’s callousness, especially when he remembers that his son-in-law Adam is protecting Mia, preserving her freedom. The corollary to that sentence, not voiced by Bob , is this: and she doesn’t for one second feel any gratitude for his service.

[/QUOTE=hepcat]

An avid lurker on this site, this part finally made me come out in the open to respond. There was really nothing warm or enduring about Mia's personality before her comments regarding the war, but this was WAYYYYY over the top. As someone who has sent my husband away too many times to count, (and he just left for the THIRD time to Iraq), her comments went beyond offensive. Personal beliefs are great (and what my husband signed up to defend) but overbearing, self righteous people of any sort need a reality check. Kudos to Bob and the rest of the family for taking the high road in dealing with this and shame on Mia for her insensitivity.

Also, major applause to hepcat for your recaps. You are the first recapper I read on this site months ago and you kept me coming back....not to mention the other great recappers I would have missed. Keep it up.
    First of all.. Welcome to FORT, second your post as well as Avatar/Avatar Comment got me a lil misty eyed. As stated already by Marley, let your husband know he IS supported. Not to mention respected and appreciated.

Hepcat.. great recap.. I was laughing over most of it.. however one thing did Disturb me. When Bria said (as a 9 year old mind you) She didn't smile very much. As a mother I know no matter what my child does wrong or how mad I can get at her some times.. one lil smile on that tiny face and I melt. I wouldn't care how dirty my house got (By Mia standards at least) If I could see my daughter smile at me even just once a day. It's sad to me to hear a child say this about them self.

Dvldggal, thank you so much for coming out of lurkdom to post here. Your husband's service (and yours for letting him go) are very much appreciated. We try to poke fun at TV shows here, but that was one of the most disturbing conversations I've seen anywhere.
    Personal beliefs are great (and what my husband signed up to defend) but overbearing, self righteous people of any sort need a reality check.
    Exactly. I can only hope that Mia reads this message board with an open enough mind to realize you're talking about her.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Half my heart is in Iraq! dvldggal's Avatar
    Dancing with the mailman cause I finally got a letter from my baby!
    At the risk of breaking FORT rules about off subject, I just want to say thank you for all the kind words from everyone. Now that I've broken the silence, I can't wait to jump in on all the great recaps. Reality TV is much more amusing right now than the news! Can't wait to laugh at the absurdities from Hepcat and all the other great recappers!
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I'm with you dvldggal, my son is a Marine and spent several months in Iraq. (He's home, safe now). How DARE that wench, Mia, say such things about Bob's SIL? Grrrrrrrr
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12