+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/17 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff
    Next week's preview of Mia's argument with the country dad should be interesting. Telling the guy his son-in-law (or was it daughter's boyfriend?) could/would die in Iraq was out of line. It's one thing to disagree with the war, quite another to disrepect the men & women (and their families) who fight for freedom on everyone's behalf.

Mia was completely out of line with her argument. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions, but don't disrespect the men/women of the service and their families. Because of them......we are free and have the right to the opinions we have.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Mia was completely out of line with her argument. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions, but don't disrespect the men/women of the service and their families. Because of them......we are free and have the right to the opinions we have.
    Beautifully stated, CC! Thank you!

I loved last night's episode of Trading Spouses. Along with everybody else, I wanted to shake Mia! I couldn't believe her reaction to going to Tennessee. I once dated a soccer player (once upon a time, many moons ago) and he played for a team out there, so we drove from here in CA to TN to get him set up to play for the season, and I'll tell you, I've never met such nice, friendly people as the folks we met out there. We wanted to go to Graceland just for the heck of it since we were nearby, so we stopped at a restaurant and happened to mention our intentions to the waitress. Before you knew it, honest to God, half the restaurant was gathered around our table, telling us the best route to take to get there, sharing tidbits of info about Graceland and what we should do and who to talk to, where to buy tickets, etc., running out to their cars to get us maps and such. Those were good people. So shame on Mia! Shame on her for teaching her daughter this behavior, too.

I liked the TN family. Sure, their house was dirty, and the smoking was gross, especially around the kids, but they sure seemed to be happy, nice people, very close family, and the teenage daughter cracked me up! She had a great personality. Quite the trooper regarding her fake eye, too.

I agree with the people upthread who've mentioned Mia's possible mental illness, such as OCD or the like. Sure sounds possible. We kept laughing every time her answers began with "I thought I'd DIE ..." or "I thought I'd literally ..." Everything to her was so traumatic. She's definitely got problems. Good for her hubby for standing up for himself in the previews for next week's show! Looking foward to that!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[QUOTE=Rumpshaker
    I liked the TN family. Sure, their house was dirty, and the smoking was gross, especially around the kids, but they sure seemed to be happy, nice people, very close family, and the teenage daughter cracked me up! She had a great personality. Quite the trooper regarding her fake eye, too.
    [/QUOTE]

The smoking thing could have been worse. The do smoke in the garage and everytime I saw them smoking out there the garage door *was* open. Personally, I choose not to smoke near my kids, but I have seen worse than in an open garage.

I somehow missed why the daughter lost her eye. Can someone fill me in?

She got shot in the eye with a bb from a bb gun.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Hmmmm.... I have issues with both families...

Angie's house was a disgrace, I had to stop eating when they were showing all that filth .... I also did not like the smoking, basically they can all get really sick from living in filth....I do like that they care about each other, and seem close knit but....they have to do something about their house. The other family (Mia's ) family seem like they are running around purely on her orders. The kids are very subdued, and she's a bit over the top, I can understand her wanting to keep her house clean, (I'm a bit of a clean-freak myself) but that is a bit over the top.

I don't think that the girl should have played the trick on Mia, because she honestly scared her, and could give anyone a heart attack that way. Angie really shouldn't take it personally, in the way the other family's kids treated her....you can see they are subdued, and maybe a bit on the (shy side?) If I was her I'd draw them out slowly, and try to become friend's with them....

I'm concerned about the Hammond children. Their mother's antisocial, snobby and hypercleaning ways have turned them into emotionally withdrawn kids. They just seemed not to know how to relate to people. I thought I was gonna pass out laughing at her carousel ride. Not to mention when the other daughter took out her prosthetic eye. lmaoooooooooooooo
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Poor Mia was so wound up that the only explanation is mental illness. It just isn't normal behavior. What has she got against Chattanooga? It's crazy. One of her most telling lines was in the car on the way to the new home. "The house has no structure. How can I live for days with no structure?" Red alert! Hold it together Scotty! I can't, Cap'n, there's no structure! She's breaking up!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Where did they find this woman? She is the strangest person I have ever seen on this show.
    Stranger than the veggie mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    I am not big on being a super clean freak but how can the Howard family walk around the house with dog poop sitting on the floor. That's just nasty.
    I know. And I mean, they knew they had a guest coming over. What the crap?

First off, I was born and raised in Tennessee so Mia can just (fill in the blank). I thought she was freaking out about going to Chattanooga because it had something to do with her first child, like maybe the father was there or something. She's a sick, sick person. Here Mia, this hug's for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast