+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOX sued by producers of Wife Swap

Reality shows will copy one another if there's a bit of success. I'm sure the legalities were necessary from a business stand point. Personally I like Trading Spouses far better than Wife Swap and hope they keep it going at Fox.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Ack!!! This reality tv for goodness sake, Lack of integrity should've been a forgone conclusion. This is kind of like a liar who gets offended.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    but it looks to me like 'super nanny' was ripped from fox
    Actually Supernanny is another C4 / RDF show that aired first in the UK - then when the US rights came up Fox lost out to ABC again.

And having now seen Nanny 911, it's even more of a blatant rip-off, down to the outfit warn by the nannies involved.

The only C4 / RDF show I don't think Fox have ripped off is the excellent "Faking It". How ironic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brekkie Boy
    The only C4 / RDF show I don't think Fox have ripped off is the excellent "Faking It". How ironic!
    The "Life" Network in Canada is showing the U.K. episodes of Faking It, but awhile ago they were airing U.S. episodes. So somebody ripped it off, even if it wasn't FOX.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The "Life" Network in Canada is showing the U.K. episodes of Faking It, but awhile ago they were airing U.S. episodes. So somebody ripped it off, even if it wasn't FOX.
    No - the US rights were acquired in the proper way, as ABC did with Wife Swap and Supernanny (and Brat Camp I think).

FORT Newbie

Re: FOX sued by producers of Wife Swap

The U.S. is constantly copying European materials. I get UK TV and many other international channels and get to see the original versions long before U.S. TV steals ideas from them. Even many movies are complete thefts from international movies, that have been "adjusted" for a U.S. audience.

Do the americans really have no creative ideas of their own...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12