+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/13 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't think that the money was spent that wisely at the Abbott house. The whole problem with that family is that the father has an extreme amount of control over the family. He exerts it out of fear that they will leave him & he will be alone. He is a sad person, and needs about 50K worth of therapy. I wouldn't spend it all on him, though.

Really, those boys need to experience their own lives & make their own decisions. I was amazed that she didn't set any money aside for the kids to go to school or travel. She seemed to really grasp the dilemna facing these boys, but she didn't give them the tools to escape the situation.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisvegas
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't think that the money was spent that wisely at the Abbott house. The whole problem with that family is that the father has an extreme amount of control over the family. He exerts it out of fear that they will leave him & he will be alone. He is a sad person, and needs about 50K worth of therapy. I wouldn't spend it all on him, though.

Really, those boys need to experience their own lives & make their own decisions. I was amazed that she didn't set any money aside for the kids to go to school or travel. She seemed to really grasp the dilemna facing these boys, but she didn't give them the tools to escape the situation.
    I think she didn't want to go overboard, i tihnk she knew it was ultimately the fathers decision in the end and a trip may have been a bit much for him to handle. I think the car and the lessons was a small step, but a good one.

Last nights show was very satisfying. I can't believe Fox has made a successful "knock off" show. This is leagues better than Wife Swap.

It was awesome that the Vickie called Karl out. I didn't buy his "story" at all ... there might be grains of truth in it, but ultimately there is MUCH more going on inside Karl's head then he leads on. But it seems that Karl's problems are self-imposed, and I doubt 50k worth of therapy would even make a dent.

Best moment for me was when Vicky asked the dad what horrible thing had happened and then SHUT UP for the first time since she got there and let him formulate and express it. She really helped the older son. He actually spoke up to his dad when she asked the father to clarify for her. He is definitely ready to leave the nest. Loved that Tao mom wants a mattress. Her husband was shocked. I think the younger son may be autistic. He was not open to anything new in a much more extreme way. I wonder what will happen to him when the older brother gets his car and drives off into the sunset. I'd love to see a follow-up to this show. Do they ever do that?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 12-14-2004 at 02:52 PM.
    Count your blessings!

The younger son never made eye contact with anyone. I found that sad. It's like he's just beaten down. When big brother drives off into the sunset I hope he takes little brother with him. They need out of that asylum. I'm not sure that Mom won't climb in and go too. It seems to me that Dad is the only one in the family who is happy with the situation.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Did I understand correctly that all 4 family members sleep together? Yikes!! I hope I misunderstood.

You know, I can understand the pain that Karl had over losing his brother, but death happens. Wonder if he thinks his family won't die if he keeps them out of 'the world'?

The older son is definitely on his way! I loved it when he questioned his dad! I think the younger is just extremely shy from his lack of exposure. Was anything said about how they were educated?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Did I understand correctly that all 4 family members sleep together? Yikes!! I hope I misunderstood.

You know, I can understand the pain that Karl had over losing his brother, but death happens. Wonder if he thinks his family won't die if he keeps them out of 'the world'?

The older son is definitely on his way! I loved it when he questioned his dad! I think the younger is just extremely shy from his lack of exposure. Was anything said about how they were educated?

Yes, all 4 family members sleep together. To my knowledge, the boys were home schooled.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    When big brother drives off into the sunset I hope he takes little brother with him. They need out of that asylum. I'm not sure that Mom won't climb in and go too.
    Muduh, you do have a way with words. You crack me up.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Vickie sure stirred the pot, didn't she? If that's what it took to get those kids out of that mess, I applaud her. Dad has a loose screw and Mom must not be a whole lot better off. Anyone in their right mind would know how unhealthy that situation is.
    Could someone please tell me what the son said to the dad? I missed it.

"What do I mean by integrity? No your not old enough Luke yet . 18,28,38,48 you not old enough yet 58 ,68,78."

I believe that if it were not for his family and their house Karl would be wandering the streets rambling on to himself. I can accept that he has some pain about his brother death and what ever mistakes he has made ,but there seems to be something much more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast