+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/13 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Both moms chose to spend the money wisely, IMO.
    I agree. Very sensible. This was a good mix. Both families learned from this experience.

Heh - I'm just watching now and the Aretha moment was fantastic.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Dang, they are gettin' DOWN with the blues in the Santa Cruz house!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Carl is an effing freak.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Loved the Aretha song, and thought Vickie was a lot of fun....and I think everything she said to the eldest son made sense....he should learn to drive, and start branching out. I also thought Leslie got a great birthday party. I think both mom's spent the money wisely.....and hope the eldest son does gain some independence.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    This ep seems to be the most satisfying of them all. I didn't feel that either family was hateful and ignorant. Then again i missed last week's opener.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan
    Okay, last week I was on a "Carl's running a cult" roll. This week, I see why he has kept his children isolated from the big bad world. I'm truly sorry for what happened to him and the guilt he feels for being so far away.

But - and it's a big but - to make his children pay for what he perceives to be a failing of his is not right. And how on earth he found a woman who would buy into this is remarkable. Then again, Leslie probably has huge issues of her own with the big bad world.

I hope that Carl uses his money to get some counseling to see that carrying his guilt and grief for 30 years is too much of a burden for any human being and that he deserves to be free. As do his children.

Good spending of the money by both moms.

Karl wants to convince his "tribe" that he's predigested everything the world might have to offer and deemed it undigestible. "Thieves, bandits, disease, death of a family member" etc....Give me a break. So one pretentious mentally unstable man didn't have a good time. Boo hoo. I think Luke still has a chance. He seems capable of having a good time and enjoying new experiences. I worry about Kyle though. He looked thoroughly constipated by anything outside of his routine. Vickie seemed broken somehow. She seems to need her tribe nest and routine to make her feel whole. Although there are some great elements to the Taoist familiy's household, the way they fearfully cling to their little micro-world makes me sad.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    For once, I actually liked both families.

Karl needs to give his children some space before they just leave and not turn back. There is nothing wrong with being a tight knit family, BUT the kids need a life of their own also. They need to spread their wings and fly a little. I do feel Karl's pain in not being there when his brother died while he was in Thailand, but he cannot take it out on his children.

Vickie was awesome. She really shed some light into the Taoist family. Money was spent wisely IMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Newbie
    I liked how the Taoist mom gave $12,500 to each of the black kids. For once the kids didn't get a tiny, pissy amount of money. The kids deserve to get as much money as the adults. They had an equal part in the show and should get equal pay. Anything less is cheating them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast