+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think that the taoist family could learn to laugh at themselves a little more, and that maybe Vicki's family could learn to take life...or other people a little more seriously...that being said, those hippies are crazy. If I had to visit that family I would have been scarred there is something really unabomberish about them....anybody else get the feeling that they all might smell al little funky?

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    Ok, the hippie dad gives me the CREEPS. I'm with Vickie - I think he's big time into controlling his family and keeping them ticking along at about 1960. He doesn't want the boys to be independent? Sounds sick to me - and everybody sleeping in the same room? Did this man grow up believing that Heinlein is a future prophet or something? Sounds pretty close to incestuous.

I hope Vickie sticks to her guns and throws the R&B party and buys the boys some decent clothes (and SHOES). Do you think those poor kids have ANY friends at school?!!!
    scratch what I said...I'm with you....perhaps when hippie mom comes back they'll all know who Beyonce is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Oh, could you tell us a little of what they were saying? I'm assuming the waiter was asking them where they learned Chinese from and they began to tell him about Taoism.
    I just assumed he was explaining the special of the day.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Do you think those poor kids have ANY friends at school?!!!
    The boys are homeschooled to further limit their exposure to the outside world.

Do you think those poor kids have ANY friends at school?!!!
    They're homeschooled

Sheltered to the max.

FORT Newbie
    At first I disliked the hippie family, but now I'm thinking maybe it works. The kids get attention instead of being neglected. They're spared from being abused and negatively influenced by kids at school. They learned chinese so maybe they could get jobs based on their language skills.

Quote Originally Posted by OilPainter
    At first I disliked the hippie family, but now I'm thinking maybe it works. The kids get attention instead of being neglected. They're spared from being abused and negatively influenced by kids at school. They learned chinese so maybe they could get jobs based on their language skills.
    Yeah, and you could do all those things in your own room, with clothing, AND furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by OilPainter
    They're not going to get jobs. They're going to write 100 "Dear Woman" letters, find a co-dependent woman who "goes along", and move into Papa's lair.

FORT Newbie
    Wow what can I say after watching this show. Do they go out of their way to pick people that will cause conflict?
    First Vickie should be ashamed of herself for being so narrow minded and rude. She continually makes fun of them including their religious beliefs right in front of them. If she doesn't want to particpate leave the room don't keep cracking wise while they are having their service. That is just disrespectful no matter how much you disagree or how strange you think they are. She seems the type that makes fun of things she doesn't know about to cover up her lack of knowledge. Also it allows her to be mean but can cover it up by claiming she is just joking. She has complained about everything that the family has done and has not really taken part in it.

The Hippie family is odd. All sleeping in the same room? Do the parents have sex with their kids in the room? The boys need their own space so they can be their own people, so they can relax and so they can explore their bodies and figure out sexuality without fear of Poppa hearing them or seeing them.
    The boys do seem to be controlled and unable to think for themselves.
    Hippie Mom seems like a decent person but a bit of a doormat. She needs to get a backbone and stand up for herslef.

As far her getting Hope to do yoga perhaps if she had asked the night before and be willing to do it later in the day then Hope might have said yes. As it was Hope was peeved about being woken up and Hippie Mom had her feelings hurt. The Tennessee family has not taken her anywhere here in Nashville to show her the sights. That is kind of rude as well. She needs to learn to laugh at herself and the family would accept her better.

The Hippie family carrying on a conversation in Chinese in front of Vickie when she does not speak it is also very rude. It was fine to order the food and speak with the waiter but after that they should have switched back to English. They shut her out and totally disregarded her presence.

Next week should be interesting. Let's hope the boys find their saucer and get the heck out of there before Poppa marries them off to who he wants them to end up with.

FORT Fan
    My two cents -

Although Vickie was sometimes disrespectful of Earth People's lifestyle, she did try everything that was presented to her. Unlike Earth Mom who tried to push her yoga, her music and her lifestyle onto Vickie's family.

Earth Dad is definitely running a cult. It's a family in name only. And although I'm a person who believes strongly in the "family bed" concept, it is totally inappropriate for children older than school age.

I feel badly for those poor boys who have been so out of the mainstream that they have no clue what is going on in the real world. Fine - they speak Chinese, but if they have no idea how to interact with "normal" people, they are at a huge disadvantage.

+ Reply to Thread