+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Hope says, "I often turn on the water to take a shower---those are my stretches" Priceless!

I can't be the only one who liked the hippie family. I mean, being Daoist and all, not having furniture does fit in with the whole idea of a simple and spartan lifestyle. And that Sinophilic streak - what with the endearingly mangled Chinese and the "one day they'll take over the world with their natural charisma" shpiel. Oh god, classic. That wins points with me, right there.

Too bad about the boys. Hellooo, Papa Abbott, I can't smell teen spirit, only l'essence de whipped puppydog, and with one boy at 18, my god that's just wrong.

Vickie, at least show some respeito to the redwoods (it's an ANTM thing. )before you worship the Holy Grail of the Automobile, you consumeristic and materialistic self, you. :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    I admire the Simple/Spiritual Life as much as anyone, but an 18 year old who sleeps with his parents is really too odd for me.

Quote Originally Posted by primadonna
    How will these boys ever fit in except in another cult? The parents don't work, because dad inherited money, but will it last forever? I guess if you buy no shoes or furniture and just exist, money lasts longer.
    The whole family was panhandling on the street corner playing and singing their music. If the IRS didn't know about their "income" before, it surely does now.

How do you think this family come to be on the show? NO television, I assume no computer? Do you think they applied or someone found them.

Personally, I have not been happy with the last couple of episodes. I prefer to see the happy story, with moms teaching kids new things and developing meaningful relationships. These last two were.....................

OFF the wall as far as I am concerned.

Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit
    How do you think this family come to be on the show? NO television, I assume no computer? Do you think they applied or someone found them.

Personally, I have not been happy with the last couple of episodes. I prefer to see the happy story, with moms teaching kids new things and developing meaningful relationships. These last two were.....................

OFF the wall as far as I am concerned.

I must totally agree, with you snapit, after I see what I want next week (I didn't stay on this show throughout tonight) I think I'll stick with wife swap, but actually I think both of these shows are probably going to go awaaaay soon.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

The Abbot family is GOOD at Chinese!
    I'm a Chinese-Canadian, and I was flipping the channel at random. Then I heard Chinese so I paused to look what was on. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was a white old man and a teenaged boy speaking it.
    Their Chinese is really good. Their pronunciation is very accurate for someone who isn't a natural Chinese speaker. I almost thought they were Chinese when I hadn't seen them. I wonder where they learned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    The Abbot family is GOOD at Chinese!
    I'm a Chinese-Canadian, and I was flipping the channel at random. Then I heard Chinese so I paused to look what was on. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was a white old man and a teenaged boy speaking it.
    Their Chinese is really good. Their pronunciation is very accurate for someone who isn't a natural Chinese speaker. I almost thought they were Chinese when I hadn't seen them. I wonder where they learned it.
    Oh, could you tell us a little of what they were saying? I'm assuming the waiter was asking them where they learned Chinese from and they began to tell him about Taoism.

Am I right?

FORT Newbie
    The Hippie Family really seems to be led around by Dad. Yes, other cultures co-sleep with their kids, but boys in their late teens?! It's not like they live in 500 square feet in downtown Tokyo! True, they seem well-educated and polite but so were the Heaven's Gate cultists. And no teenager should only be exposed to bluegrass. I like Bill Monroe as much as the next black woman but shouldn't kids have a little something to call their own? Like music? A room? An exercise regimen? Some freakin' space? Let them off the leash, man!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Ok, the hippie dad gives me the CREEPS. I'm with Vickie - I think he's big time into controlling his family and keeping them ticking along at about 1960. He doesn't want the boys to be independent? Sounds sick to me - and everybody sleeping in the same room? Did this man grow up believing that Heinlein is a future prophet or something? Sounds pretty close to incestuous.

I hope Vickie sticks to her guns and throws the R&B party and buys the boys some decent clothes (and SHOES). Do you think those poor kids have ANY friends at school?!!!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread