+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by John
    They're not going to get jobs. They're going to write 100 "Dear Woman" letters, find a co-dependent woman who "goes along", and move into Papa's lair.
    *shudders* and the cycle continues...eek :rolleyes
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So many things to say ...
    The oldest son still there at 18 and the 15 year old satisfied with no outside interaction just creeps me out. It's like they're not allowed to leave "the family". The days of family units staying together went out with hunting/gathering. I admire the respect, but I do think they've been somewhat brainwashed by Papa throughout their lives because there hasn't been any interaction with the world.

I thought speaking Chinese in the Chinese restaurant was fine at first, but turned rude when they refused to speak English after the waiter left and no one interpreted for Vickie.

19-year old Hope was disrespectful to Leslie, and was allowed to be by dad who should have put her in line. So what if it was different, you're just as different to her and that's what the show is all about.

Tears are nothing??? Sounds like a guy who hasn't experienced a true emotion in years. I worry about the boys if they honestly think that, what about when Papa finds them mates?

The walk in the woods was nice, I'd probably not hug a tree either but I wouldn't be afraid of it for goodness sake. Vickie needed to lighten up and realize they had a whole camera crew with them, nothing was going to happen!

We didn't evolve to live in houses ... I'm still trying to figure that one out. Where does he want to live?

Next week looks good. I'm hoping Vickie gets her party and the money allotment turns out good for all, especially the kids. I'm wanting her to designate a sum of money for private school/college for a semester for the boys.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think she should designate quite a few K for the older son to get out to his own place. Sheesh they all sleep together?? Uh If I remember my days of yore, I would have uh.. "problems" at night.. *rolls over *pokes* brother. woops sorry. *brother* "I hope that was your thumb"?

I believe in to each his own, but is this maybe a little too much?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yes..I agree. The sleeping in the same room thing is WAY over the top, IMO. Enough is enough, for Pete's sake..the kid turned 18 already.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    We didn't evolve to live in houses ... I'm still trying to figure that one out. Where does he want to live?

Next week looks good. I'm hoping Vickie gets her party and the money allotment turns out good for all, especially the kids. I'm wanting her to designate a sum of money for private school/college for a semester for the boys.
    I think Papa would be happy living in a cave. After all thats what he looks like to me is a caveman. I dont understand their thinking at all, and I think Papa needs to let the boys out in society and let them decide for themselves how they want to live. It is brainwashing! I felt sorry for the California mom when she was on the porch playing music and got missing her family. I agree with the children, she sure doesnt know how to sing, but I think they were just having fun with her when they had their jam session, and she should had chilled some and just laughed with them. This show is good, but I am like the rest of you guys, where do they find these people they have for contestants??

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    The days of family units staying together went out with .

Exactly! There's a reason why even dogs and cats are always up on your couch or bed....because they're comfortable. I guarantee if dogs or cats ever "evolve" like those pigs in Animal Farm we'll be scratching a post or catching Frisbee's in our mouth before they ever go back to sleeping on the floor.

Leslie was trying to hard to soon to get the Abbots into her life style. That's not something you can force upon people; it was as though she was trying to convert them ,but I do feel the kids were disrespectful toward her.

Papa Smurf ...er Carl Abbott seems to be wound pretty tight to be living in a laid back community like Santa Cruz, on inherited property and living a Taoist life . Can't imagine how he would be if he lived in N.Y.C or L.A.....actually I can....I'm almost positive his non-Taoist identical brother cut me off on the 110 freeway today and gave me the finger..

FORT Regular
    With regard to his statement above, I’m thinking it was actually Papa Smurf who made the final decision on whether or not they were gonna do this show. He also commented on wondering how the producers would ‘compress’ the many hours of footage.. To that I’d say, if you had a tv and watched any of these kinds of reality shows you’d know that they would take your worst or quirkiest characteristics and play them up big time probably making you look like a fool.[/QUOTE]

Well of COURSE it was Papa who made the decision...I doubt anyone else in this family could find their way home from a mile away without his guidance.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Did anyone else catch what Hippie Dad said when showing Vickie the kitchen? It sounded something like "This is where you'll do your work". Sort of like - keep 'em home, barefoot (literally) and pregnant? Though, as respects the pregnant thing - I'm praying for immaculate conception because I DON'T want to think about "whoopie" in the communal bedroom....
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    Did anyone else catch what Hippie Dad said when showing Vickie the kitchen? It sounded something like "This is where you'll do your work".
    Yes, I caught that and was wondering why there wasn't a string of expeltives from Vickie's mouth!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    omg! He did say that! Ohhh, that's rich!

I didn't realize he said that until you said that, RBmumsie! Good catch!
    Some things that make ya go hmmmmmm...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread