+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gates (Vegans)visiting gator country again

FORT Newbie

gates (Vegans)visiting gator country again

i was just reading an article about the loupes and i was shocked because guess where the vegan family is coming for mardi gras????? guess where their staying??? if you guessed at the loupes bed and breakfast by the swamp tour you guessed right!! i havent read all of the posts lately so forgive me if this was already mentioned. Some kind of NERVE!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!
    cajunmomof3

I'd heard something to this effect on the Fox site.

I think it shows that Diana and her family are very open, tolerant, and forgiving people. I applaud them for not taking the easy road, and if you ask me, they're interested in preserving a friendly relationship for the sake of the Gates children.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Wonder if Diana will make more meatless gumbo? I believe that she is the most tolerant person who has been on this show. She probably wants all the kids to get to know each other too. Plus, do we think that she might want vegan dad to see her hunky husband?

Can you see my skull? mary reilly's Avatar
    I think Diana would probably make both, with meat and without.

As Keanu Reeves would say...WHOA! It's gonna be a hot time in the old town that night. Meat flying every where.

As to the Gates family visiting

If and when the Gates go visit the Loupes, it would not surprise me one iota if they ALL eat some gator, and then just begin to shun red meat only.

"gators don't sweat" and BTW "You're fired" - ZZ imitation
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well, I would be surprised. Their veganism was based on a moral choice, not just because they were cutting down on their cholesterol. It's not about avoiding red meat, but living a "cruelty-free" lifestyle.

Also, it sounds like from the interview that this visit won't materialize, anyway. But hey, Mardi Gras is a few months away, and all the attention will have died down by then.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Mardi Gras near the Loupes

You are probably right Hepcat. Mardi Gras starts, no visit from the Gates, and that was a good email interview with Diana(?). I think a lot of people really connected with the Loupes though and thats why there is so much chatter even 1 week later. I wish I would have taped that boy.. *gators don't sweat* hehehehe But anyhow with the look my my miss Monas' (avatar)face and the avatar you have up I'd be scared to give either one of those cats heck!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Newbie
    Its nice if they are letting her stay and her family stay there for mardi gras..if its true. If its true she really shouldn't stay there out of respect, if shes sorry its good to have a chance to make amends like that besides its not just her its her family too and diana was on good,friendly terms with them. Forgiveness is a virtue right.
    I can't help but sympathize with vegan mom because i was really awful and embarassed myself to a really nice person that i met a kinda a lonely and drifting time in my life..ironically who happened to be of cajun extraction and i felt and feel too bad about it and wish i had a way to try and make an effort at ammends

+ Reply to Thread