+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

First impressions were that Anne Marie although well meaning would really grate after a little while but Egly kids were nasty brats who I didn't even see trying. Especially the oldest one who I was itching to give a good smack. I liked Stephanie and thought she did try to be open to the experience.

I couldn't have taken two hours either. Ann Marie is sweet-natured and fun, but she suffers from religious arrogance: she blithely assumes that her values, her politics, her religion are right, and she tried to impose them on the Jewish family.
    Next week: an insufferable vegan who tries to impose her beliefs on others.
    Hmmm. I'm seeing a trend here.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I identified much more with Stephanie than with Ann Marie. Whew, can't take that praying over everything - including chocolate chips in the pancakes. Expecting Stephanie to enjoy bible study (what does that accomplish?) is too much. At least Stephanie's family took Ann Marie somewhere she wanted to visit - DC. They were pretty patient with her trek to find the perfect Bush-Cheney T Shirt. I would have gagged. I have a problem with Christians who spend a lot of time praying and studying the bible. To me, a true Christian is out there helping the less fortunate - living the principles of Christ.

This is a hot item now
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

New York City
    As a Jew, I was ashamed at the intolerance of the Egly's. A good Jew would be happy to explore the common Judeo-Christian heritage of these families. I would have been happy to go to the bible study group; think about it: if they were studying the old testament, then that would be one and the same as the Jewish Torah! How about a discussion of Christian Zionism! For a bunch of self-described liberal Democrats, these Egly's sure were intolerant. I know the smug producers tried to make the Christians look silly, but the opposite was the result: the Doverspikes seemed moral, tolerant and positive. The Egly's were intolerant, valueless and negative.

Okay, I absolutely hated this show! And thank goodness it was only an hour. Stephanie was rude and not really into this show. I can certainly understand not wanting to go to Bible study, but she went, and rudely walked out. Her whole attitude was terrible. Why couldn't she have gone to church and had the dad go to synagoge? What is wrong about learning about someone else's religion? It makes for more tolerance in the world. I was disgusted with her children also. Especially the oldest one who should be moving out of the house right about now She needs to eat her words.

Ann Marie would have driven me crazy as well. I don't do well with people who feel the need to *bless me* all of the time, and whose every thought is about God and who feel the need to push their beliefs on others. She maybe would have lasted two days at my house. She also went into it wanting to change the Egly's - and that is not cool either. That rubbed me totally wrong.

I thought the meeting of the women would never end and it was quite uncomfortable watching them.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    This was my least favorite TSpouses.

I hope that when I decided to be with my gf that I wasn't a melted, ugly mess of goo.

Hey, as long as it worked for her daughter..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    This was my least favorite TSpouses.

I hope that when I decided to be with my gf that I wasn't a melted, ugly mess of goo.

Hey, as long as it worked for her daughter..

I had to read that a couple of times to get it . Whenever I think of baby ruth bars I think of my husband throwing them into the pool and tricking people into thinking it was floating poop. (way, way before my time). During the show I often wondered if Ann Marie and her husband were the nice, clean pure candy bars when they married, or the ruined mess of goo?

FORT Newbie
    I think Anne Marie is mentally or emotionally screwed up. She says "what if you meet this person and have this really wonderful time--and then you get married, and you're always thinking back to that other person . . . " Constantly in tears, constantly fretful, given to incessant rambling to herself, when not positively manic like a coked-up cheerleader. Difficult to comfort. Needing to control her environment to the last detail.

Stephanie, whatever her obnoxiousness, seems to at least be in touch with some kind of reality. Anne Marie "just loves" George Bush and can't get enough Bush paraphernalia, presses her grimacing face against the bars around the White House in ecstasy. Fresh flowers are deeply disturbing because they're not her precise, ever-fresh silk arrangements. (I'd probably suffocate on air freshener in the Doverspike house.) I don't know what kind of zookeeper she has for a husband, but the whole Doverspike family is toxic with something, either an extraordinary mass delusion or a Christian house of madness. I have a feeling that if anyone confronted Mrs. Doverspike and said, "Really, Anne Marie, what's troubling you?" she'd collapse like a marionette and decompensate rapidly. You'd need more than one TV episode to untangle those strings (which may be why Fox wrapped this one up quick).

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    This episode had to be one of the worst. I really didn't like either of the moms (usually, I like one). They were both very weird and overbearing.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast