+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Ned Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    Didn't anythink Anne-Marie was a female version of Ned Flanders? Especially doing that little wakeup song?

Oh thats rich! YES YES YES
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Why would you go to a Christian function knowing you're Jewish?? I'm sorry but the way these people expected her to be Christian (well, assumed) just rubs me the wrong way. Well no duh the Bible study was uncomfortable for her ya dumbass!

I'd like to see an Atheist person vs a Christian person...ROFLMAO..that would be interesting.

So far the Christian mother annoys me, the Jewish mom seems okay, but no real judgement of anything else besides that yet.

I like how FOX is going with the whole taking diff religions and political affliations and pitting them against each other- ESPECIALLY in our political environment here in the states!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

I'm just watching this now so I'm not reading the posts above but I just watched the part with the candy analogy. I'm speechless.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

What a crackpot...first the chocolate analogy and now a toothpaste analogy?? WTF??

I do think the Egly kids are a bit bratty though, and I wouldn't have gone as far as what that one daughter said, that Born-Again mom was a "cold-hearted bitch". I don't think so.

Okay the Egly kids are just BRATS. Why doesn't dad intervene?? I feel sorry for Born-Again Mom.

Mag
    FORT Newbie
    How did they spend the money? I missed the last five minutes. Thanks!

I wanted to smack those bickering, bratty Egly kids. Were they annoying, or were they annoying?? (Hee.)

Christian Mom's emotions are way too close to the surface. As Stephanie said, she's exhausting. Her candy and toothpaste analogies might work well on children under six years old, but teenagers would just find them nutty.

I'm glad this episode was only one hour. I don't think I could have taken any more, just like both mom's were saying. This is the only show where both families didn't like the mom they got. Most of the others have been one sided where one mom bonds with the kids and there are tearful good-byes on one side and bu-buye, can't wait 'til you're gone good-byes on the other side.

I'm not a big fan of people trying to force their religion on you, but I did feel a teeny bit sorry for Ann Marie. When she wasn't talking religion, she was just trying to be positive about things. The Egly girls were quite rude to her.

The Eglys and Anne Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I'm not a big fan of people trying to force their religion on you, but I did feel a teeny bit sorry for Ann Marie. When she wasn't talking religion, she was just trying to be positive about things. The Egly girls were quite rude to her.
    I have been around "postive" people, and it can get quite "grating" and her Analogies with candy bars and toothpaste? I don't think the girls were as much rude as outspoken. I do agree that she should not have been called a cold hearted b*tch, but otherwise for the most part the Egly kids were acting like 10 million other typical that age.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

The Egly kids were total brats, no doubt about it...

Ugh, I depised all of the girls (the boy did not get much face time). They were all constantly bickering, just like Mrs. Doverspike said. The constant eyerolls and complaints were overwhelming, and Mr. Egly did absolutely nothing. He's "Mr. Pushover" and apparently lets his wife and daughters walk all over him.

Ok, the Doverspikes were VERY Ned Flanders-esque, but were generally positive and upbeat. In all fairness to Mrs. Egly, I too would have been bored to death at the revolutionary war-era town, but I suppose some people enjoy those things. I actually thought it was nice of Mr. Doverspike to suggest to Mrs. Egly that they both attend one another's services. I mean, at least he was open to experiencing new things. And its not like Jews and Christians are entirely different; last time I checked, we both believe in God. She just totally shut him down, and its like she actually got mad at him about it, yet she cooked up a big Jewish dinner for all his friends/family, who actually were good sports and tried to eat it.

I give Mrs. Doverspike props on all the Bush/Cheney merchandise. She was inadvertently driving the liberal girls crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast