+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/08 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Barbie Mom....what a spoiled little witch!!!!!!! She didn't even appreciate the quilt that the kids took their favorite things to make. She definitely did not learn the lesson that her kids and husband did. I hope when she sees this, she will realize what a moron she is, especially when she sees her husband thanking Chrystal at the end. She couldn't have been any more jealous of the time her family had and what they learned. She needs to realize that money is NOT everything. Her main priority needs to be her family, not the material things she has.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I've been wondering how long this couple will remain together. I mean, he worked all those hours to keep their lives together, she went shopping and never thought that if she stoped spending their money, he might not have to work so hard. Then she decided to give the other kids $2 and $3 a week? And I about crapped my pants when she was talking about how Christian it is to wash other people's feet-did you see the side look she got from the pedicurist when she was saying how wonderful it was? It was almost as if she was likening herself to Christ. "Everyone should bow down to her." I couldn't believe how much she takes her husband and kids for granted and then she couldn't understand why they weren't cartwheeling just because she was home again. Hopefully she did feel true remorse at the end, although that isn't going to change things permanently, I don't think. But it could be a start!

I think both parents are clueless. The husband has totally checked out, rationalizing his workaholism as keeping his business afloat and his family intact. That's no doubt partly true, but I think it's also an excuse not to do any of the work in his relationships. When it comes to fatherhood, he's phoning it in.
    I do think Barbie mom is well intentioned, but she's so self-absorbed she can't see anything beyond her own narrow perspective. A $2 allowance? In 1955 maybe. The bizarre way she spent the money showed that she didn't learn a single thing about this family -- after spending a whole week with them!
    A truly odd couple.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Well...Barbie-Mom did say spending their 50k was a "no brainer" sooooo there you have it, she didn't use her brains
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

LUCYGRL
    When I heard her say "no brainer" I was soo glad I didn't have any food or liquid in my mouth. It would have been "SPLAT"! That was about the most natural, unrehearsed thing she said the whole time.

FORT Newbie
    I know Colleen was annoying, but at the end I felt bad for her. Her self-image can't be so good. All she did was worry about how she measures up, that her family would like Chrystal better than her, etc. Hard to imagine anyone respecting her when all she does is doubt herself. She needs to find a good therapist and never look back.

She also needs to stop comparing Southern Black women to servants. Ouch.

Bet she's totally humiliated now that it aired.

I love Chrystal. Too bad she's married and I'm gay.

Quote Originally Posted by MattS
    I know Colleen was annoying, but at the end I felt bad for her. Her self-image can't be so good. All she did was worry about how she measures up, that her family would like Chrystal better than her, etc. Hard to imagine anyone respecting her when all she does is doubt herself. She needs to find a good therapist and never look back.
    Welcome to the FORT MattS!

I agree. I didn't particularly like her, and I found both she and her sister very condescending. But I also got the feeling she suffers from low self-esteem, even though she's fairly attractive and financially well-off.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Welcome to the FORT MattS!

I agree. I didn't particularly like her, and I found both she and her sister very condescending. But I also got the feeling she suffers from low self-esteem, even though she's fairly attractive and financially well-off.

I didn't see episode 1 but I just felt really sorry for Colleen...she just seemed so insecure and any time she lashed out or got her panties in a wad over something it always seemed like a defense mechanism. I really thought these 2 were the most normal of the lot so far. I am wondering how insecure Colleen is going to deal with her husband being so thrilled with Crystal! I don't think she has a big enough brain to process what he could possibly like about a slightly overweight brunette (and that's about as far as it goes with her thinking).

FORT Newbie
    It's kind of sad that Barbie-mom's family had money and needed "time" and that Chrystal's family had time but needed "money". Chrystal understood that-Barbie-mom did not. Even all the kids got that.............

I found it absolutely unChristianlike for her to show so openly her "envy" and judgementalness.

But we have to be fair -- Barbie-mom's family was in need of a kitchen table and Chrystal did not recognize that need.

But on the upside - once Barbie-mom's family uses the remaining $40,000 to pay bills, she will have open credit on her Mastercard to go buy one herself!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast