+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/08 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    It was apparent that even the youngest child got it though his mom didn't. I feel bad that they understood it was more than a *new* table .......

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I totally feel sorry for colleen's husband, poor overworked guy, what is Colleen's problem? I agree with everyone else, she just doesn't get it. I really hope they can work through their problems, because money isn't everything....I hope Colleen realizes that.

LUCYGRL

How much will Barbie tithe

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Barbie Mom gives:

$5,000 to church (even though they don't go)
    $5,000 for housework (like protection from Hurricane)
    Crystal being taken out on a date for a year
    $2 and $3 for allowence for year.

CRAZY!
    How much is "she" going to tithe to "her" church. The point of tithing is a personal thing, NOT for someone else to decide or it means nothing. She has been trying so hard to prove her Christianity and has done ...alot less. I can't believe what she said to the lady giving the pedicure, about how Jesus washed peoples feet. Well, she didn't say it from the heart (or with much knowledge of the real meaning of foot washing) and all she did was insult this woman as if she was a lower form of human being. I could not believe what she was actually saying. As a Christian, I was embarrassed.

LUCYGRL

It's a good site

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Me too!! Based on the number of people currently in this thread, it does not appear to be quite as popular though. Has anyone seen how the ratings are with this one?
    I had been on another reality tv site but there was never anything new. I went on last week just to check and they still only had posts from the last season , I think is was the one with Diane. Boring.
    I was glad I stumbled on this one two or three months ago. Doesn't look like alot of people sometimes but it really seems pretty active and up to date on the posts. And I really enjoy the posts and replys here. (No critical replys to other posters) Also welcome to the newest member that posted earlier

Welcome to FORT simonsmommie
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Didn't BarbieMom also allow $500 for the other parents to go on a date once a week for a year. That's like $9.62 per date. "C'mon Hon...time to go to McDonalds for our date....Again! I also liked the little fiddler boys comment..."$2.00 .... I mean come on".

Barbie was so clueless on how to spend the other families money. It just shows that she didn't take the time to find out anything about them. If that was my responsibility, I would ask many many questions to determine what the familty actually needed and wanted before I decided where the money should go. At least Crystal had an idea of what the other family wanted or needed. Barbie was more concerned with being embarassed by the other mom and instead of trying to be more like Crystal, she was just jealous of her.

Trap

So Barbiemom's excuse for her ire at her kid's windfall was that they already had everything. And she gives the kids who have nothing....well, nothing. What a brat. I enjoyed watching her squirm as the homemade banana ice-cream slowly pushed her over the edge.
    I guess in Barbie's way of thinking, the 5,000 tithe, according to the law of religion, will come back to the Nortons tenfold. So it's really an investment.

I couldn't believe how clueless Barbie was and it just kept getting worse and worse. Even my 13 year old said What a spoiled brat! when I asked her what she thought about Barbie mom. Do you think she ever realized that those kids cut up things that meant a lot to them to make that quilt for her? I hope she's ashamed when she sees how excited they were to make the quilt for her to show her how much they love her.
    Self involved much?

Quote Originally Posted by lucygrl
    How much is "she" going to tithe to "her" church. The point of tithing is a personal thing, NOT for someone else to decide or it means nothing. She has been trying so hard to prove her Christianity and has done ...alot less. I can't believe what she said to the lady giving the pedicure, about how Jesus washed peoples feet. Well, she didn't say it from the heart (or with much knowledge of the real meaning of foot washing) and all she did was insult this woman as if she was a lower form of human being. I could not believe what she was actually saying. As a Christian, I was embarrassed.
    You took all of the words right out of my mouth! I could not agree more!

Scout, I agree. Her reaction upon seeing the quilt was heatbreaking. Those kids really gave up something important. I guess she just had no clue of what was important to them.

Also, I think it was 1 date a month for a year, so that's a whopping $41.66 per date :rolleyes

Hopefully, and I mean this sincerely, she will have a good hard look at her life now that the episode has aired.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast