+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 11/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Both couples are having problems paying their bills. Barbie's husband is the only one who seems to be working a traditional job even if it has turned into 8am to 4am instead of 9am to 5 pm. If more of the spouses were bringing in income, they wouldn't be doing this show.

The show should have been done in one hour. A part II of this is too much. The only interesting items will be how will the money be spent, will the workaholic husband and his company survive, what is the twist.

I am not interested in another fiddle lesson. I don't know how Barbie slept through that noise. I think she is just bored stiff. I also am not interested in seeing Barbie's youngest son out of control as usual again.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I respectfully disagree. I think the show is a fricken hoot! Honestly...what family has or DOES let us 'check it out' for an hour a week, or even a HALF AN HOUR?

These people are doing the show for the money, and they're paying the price.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    She really would have been confused about the breezeway if he'd called it by it's real name. It's a dog trot, hon.

ROTFL
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

The little boy who was swinging from every appliance in the kitchen needs a smack.
    I am a little concerned about the importance that Ruff Ruff plays in the other family. Isn't that youngest child eleven years old? How many of us know an eleven year old boy who has a lovey? I'm thinking that dad needs to take that boy out in the woods and let him kill something. He needs some time away from mama.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    They should also apply for that Nanny911 show.

I can't wait for that one to come on.
    Gotta The Fort

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I just don't understand how Colleen isn't concerned at how many hours her husband is working, and basically stressing himself out to support so much Why can't they just cut back on some stuff....even if they had to sell the house and buy a little bit cheaper one, and put the kids in regular schools. I also heard him say they have a $2000.00 food bill....what the????!!! What are they eating??? She seems so unconcerned, that her husband is slaving and not having a life, while they showed her shopping and basically having a great lifestyle. I also agree with the other mom, when she said parenting needs to be done with 2 parents, because the younger boys really are sort of out-of -control, and the dad is just too busy with work to put a firm hand in there. I just think they could cut back on the extravagent lifestyle IMO.

As for the other family I think they're doing ok, and have their priorities straight. I loved the kids manners, and it seems they were raised right. I can understand Ben missing his mom, and I think Colleen should have let him help out when she was cooking dinner. It's great he even wanted to. I think he's a good example of a properly raised child! I also think it was rude of her to go to his fiddling lessons...and look like she was falling asleep.

Crystal did a lot of talking at the beginning of the show on her farm about worrying about being able to pay their bills. She last mentioned this in a voice over when the family was standing by a pond.

I will be interesting to see how each mother spends the money. I think people should get money for doing these shows. It is hard to believe that people are doing Wife Swap for free. Most of the husbands on Wife Swap have been men that the average woman would not want to spend time with.

LUCYGRL
    Did you also notice at the beginning, that Colleen was getting ready to leave and showed how much of a non-hostess she is , when she was doing an inventory and said about the instant coffee, "I guess that'll be fine" and "tell the new mommy there's whites in the dryer" I guess she figures she's got a second hand maid coming to work for a week. I can't wait to see how the sets up the usual party.

The Real Scoop on Families

Just read about the familys on the official site of Trading Spouses.

Dad the hunter is a private investigator and used to be a police officer. He currently runs his own business and they also do taxidermy work.

Workaholic Dad is just what the show has shown. He actually sleeps in his office on a mattress on the floor because he has to make money so that his family can continue to live in the manner they have become used to. Mom (Blonde) keeps a freezer full of dipping dots ice cream in garage for neighborhood kids who hang out at their house all the time. Site says he is the spiritual leader in the house and wishes he could spend more time with his family.

On the official site there are some clips that we were not shown. Ben did serenade Blonde Mom with his and she did compliment him.

There is also a clip of Workaholic dad crying in the arms of his spouse on loan.
    Gotta The Fort

+ Reply to Thread