+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Norton Family

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    hepcat, you are right. Hunters wear bright orange as a safety thing so another hunter doesn't mistake them for an animal. My only guess as to why he didn't have the orange on was that it is privately owned land and no one but him is allowed to hunt on it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh my god! its four floating heads!

Oh wait thats camoflage... whew I was scared for a minute.... oh wait I'm more scared now.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    hepcat, you are right. Hunters wear bright orange as a safety thing so another hunter doesn't mistake them for an animal. My only guess as to why he didn't have the orange on was that it is privately owned land and no one but him is allowed to hunt on it.
    I'm thinking that he wasn't wearing a vest because he probably wasnt going hunting. These clothes just happen to be part of peoples wardrobe. They are just clothes. If he decided to go hunting he would need a vest AND a gun.
    cc, you're right about the private land thing, but most people wear them anyway. Just because you have "Posted" signs up doesn't mean that people pay attention.
    Last edited by Muduh; 11-04-2004 at 04:01 PM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Muduh, you are right about people hunting on private property. It happens all the time. I think that in his case he was just going to check to see if any tracks were visiable.

These kinds of clothes are in almost every store. They have pretty pink/blue/purple ones for women and children in the stores around here. I'm not a huge fan of wearing the whole outfit, but I will on occasion wear a shirt or tank top......but it has to be one of those pretty ones for women, not the ones they use for hunting.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    Oh my god! its four floating heads!

Oh wait thats camoflage... whew I was scared for a minute.... oh wait I'm more scared now.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    FH, they are essential to most wardrobes around where I live. My son wears them, especially when he's doing his taxidermy thing.
    Yep, I'm a hunter myself so I have plenty of clothing in those patterns. although, I usually refrain from wearing them when I'm not hunting. - Usually
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I think it's required apparel at Walmart.

FORT Newbie
    When this show was taped here in Tn. it was bow season and during bow season you dont wear orange out hunting.

steve, I didn't know that. I live in Tennessee, but don't do much hunting. I could have asked my boys. Why don't you wear the vest?

FORT Newbie
    you dont wear orange because the deer has to get very close to you during bow season and if your not hid enough you will be seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast