+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I thought this was the best two families we've seen so far on this show. Everyone more or less was respectful towards the ''visiting'' mothers. Both were nice families, just very different. I also think Diane taught the Thibodeaux family how to have more fun, and the picnic and the party she gave looked great . Veronica was more conservative than Diane, but she taught the Famiglietti family more about being responsible and cleanliness. Both mom's brought important things to the other's family, they also both did a great job with deciding what the money should be spent on for each other's family.

Yeah, I guess it helps with the role play to call the other woman mom.Guess I got a little emotional there.

Veronica was jealous. Boy you could tell she didn't like the way her family took to Diane at all. I can't say I blame her,but it seems Diane was able to help Veronica see that she needs to work on her realtionship with her family because from what I saw it was unaimous. The kids and the father seemed to enjoy Diane more.

I thought the wrap up of this swap was rather touching. And I agree that both Diane and Veronica spent each family's money well.

Sure Veronica was jealous. She even said as much. But, to her credit, she was able to learn from the experience. Lots of people would have been too defensive to even hear criticism about how they operate within the family unit, but Veronica really heard what her family's reaction to Diane meant -- that she needs to loosen up and enjoy her family while they're all under one roof. That's not an easy pill to swallow, especially with a camera crew around to record everything.

It was sad how both AJ and his sister (forget her name) were so sad to see Diane go, because they feared things would just go back to business as usual when Veronica got home. And it was touching that Arianna came out of this with a new-found appreciation for her own mom. Sure, Arianna's a pain in the butt. But most teenage girls are when it comes to relating to their mothers. It was nice that she had the insight to realize her mom isn't all bad. Also, when Arianna found out that Veronica had allocated the money for her family -- she did say she hoped she hadn't screwed it up for the whole family (not just herself) because she hadn't gotten along with Veronica.

All in all, a good show.

LUCYGRL
    Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Yeah ,but no mom wants their kids to call another woman mom. I like Diane ,but she was only there for a week and for her kids to call her mom is disrespectful.
    I agree, no mom wants to have their kids call another woman mom. But I do think as far as the dad went, it was just they way he talked. I have some Italian friends from New York and they call almost everybody by a family name, ie. Mom, Nana, Sister, etc, so I don't think it was meant anyother way my him. Just a theory of mine :

Quote Originally Posted by lucygrl
    I have some Italian friends from New York and they call almost everybody by a family name, ie. Mom, Nana, Sister, etc, so I don't think it was meant anyother way my him. Just a theory of mine :

I can get with that,but I don't think 'ol Veronica can

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123