+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion about tonights show in this thread only until midnight eastern time.

Thanks and enjoy the show.

43 minutes late

Hmmm -- I liked Diane a tad bit better than veronica... but when any family hears that they gotta clean the house, why do the kids always freak out. (maybe its my age -46) but I always had to do house chores just like my brother and sister. also If I wanted to get something that required money I had to do something extra.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm sorry, I don't have the names straight, but Diane's daughter's reaction when Veronica showed up was classic. "she was darker than normal, she was...black". Folks, we have a master of the obvious here.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Each set of trades seems so similar to previous ones--getting hair/nails done, going to batting cages, having to clean the house & the kids whining about it--that it is just the same show over & over again and it's getting tedious.

And it seems that regardless of what socioeconomic status the families are in, the kids generally seemed to be overindulged in their material desires. Sure it was sad that the one boy's Nintendo or whatever was repossessed, but they clearly were in finincial straights before the job loss, or it wouldn't have been financed/charged in the first place. My parents would not have gone into debt for a toy for me ever, and I'm glad of it. Maybe it's a generational thing and I'm getting old!

I think Brittney and AJ are the most spoiled of all the kids that have been on the show. Someone needs to smack them hard and take away all but the basics to see what really is important in this world.

Go Diane! Tell them how you feel.

Although the Famiglietti kids are giving the Thibideoux kids a run for their money with the reaction to having to **gasp** clean the house. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Each set of trades seems so similar to previous ones--getting hair/nails done, going to batting cages, having to clean the house & the kids whining about it--that it is just the same show over & over again and it's getting tedious.

And it seems that regardless of what socioeconomic status the families are in, the kids generally seemed to be overindulged in their material desires. Sure it was sad that the one boy's Nintendo or whatever was repossessed, but they clearly were in finincial straights before the job loss, or it wouldn't have been financed/charged in the first place. My parents would not have gone into debt for a toy for me ever, and I'm glad of it. Maybe it's a generational thing and I'm getting old!
    It is a generational thing, and the parents that are my (46 yr) generation have failed largely in part as our age wants to give the kids more than we had and not wait til theres money available, BTW how did y'all like the comments Diane was making during her ride to the Thibedeau (sp?) house about the area they were going thru, I think she might have been worried about getting mugged???
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thoughts:

Liked the Famigliettis better than the Thibodeauxs (with the possible exception of Alvin).

Had to shake my head and laugh at Ariana's statement about her first view of Veronica: "She was darker than normal . . . She was black."

No S**T, Sherlock!

Had to shake my head and laugh again at Diane's reaction when she was driven through a rough-looking part of town on her way to the Thibodeaux house.

Yup, I DO believe the lady thought they were gonna get mugged!

Had to shake my head and laugh for a third time when Veronica said something to the effect of: "Things get done in my house; I direct everybody else to do them!"

Is it just me, or did anybody else wonder for a second if Tammy Nakamura'd been reincarnated.

I tend to agree with Veronica's assessment that perhaps the Famiglietti place wasn't maybe the cleanest on the block. However --- in all fairness --- with Diane's heart attack problem, I think the Famigliettis are putting things into a perspective that works for them, said perspective being: "A few dirty dishes in the sink, a few dust bunnies . . . So what? Let's go enjoy each other!"

And God bless 'em for that.

Besides, even though you couldn't exactly eat off the carpet in their place, it wasn't at all what I would term nasty (if you don't believe me, check out "How Clean is Your House?" sometime).

Brittney T. WAS spoiled, but I do understand her problem with getting her hair wet. Just as I also understood Veronica's having that same problem when she was on the deep sea fishing boat. But I did notice, too, that Brittney seemed to enjoy the hell out of the water fight Diane started at the picnic.

And I DID enjoy seeing Diane rip A.J.'s ass.

Diane is at least making an effort, here. OK, so sometimes she's a bull in a china shop (what she doesn't crap on, she breaks). But, at LEAST she's trying.

Veronica?

I. Don't. Think. So.

Let's see what Part 2 brings!
    Last edited by ness; 09-22-2004 at 12:28 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I agree that this show is starting to feel repetitive. I find the whole set-up (i.e. first hour of each swap) to be rather long and drawn out -- as though there's really not enough material to fill an hour-long segment. The juicy stuff is generally in the second hour of each swap. On the other hand, I didn't turn it off. Or even channel surf, for that matter.

Diane totally thought she was heading for the 'hood when she was in the car!! That was hilarious. And you know the dad (Alvin?) knew exactly what she was thinking, even though she tried to save face by babbling about the bad neighborhood they'd just driven through and the view and whether or not the neighborhood is primarily black or mixed. Too funny. I've gotta hand it to her, though. She might put her foot in her mouth on a regular basis, but she's got a heart. And she's trying to do right by her temporary family.

As for Veronica, she does seem to be something of a drill seargent. Not so much because she's asking them to clean the house -- big deal -- but because of the way in which she makes it seem like an edict. It was pretty hilarious how she kept calling the daughter lazy. Over and over, while the daughter, in voice over, is saying how insulting she found that. At least Veronica acknowledges that in her house, she's the "Queen" and she "supervises" instead of works. Tammy Nakamura wanted it both ways -- to be a total slacker AND to try to convince everybody that she was working as hard as they were. Funny, though, that Veronica's own kids were happy to see her go and her new kids will likely feel the same way! Maybe V will learn to temper her regal approach a bit. Just enough to enjoy her own family. Or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast