+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    I thought that Alvin was sweet when he worried about new mom being taller than him. Veronica seems to have her entire family brow-beaten despite buying them all the material things. Things aren't what make a family, Veronica!

Diane seems to be a nice family-oriented woman who just has no tact. So far I like her husband and am reserving judgement on her kids. But honestly, I think I would have cleaned the house if another woman was coming to live in it.

When I was a kid I hated to clean up. Matter of fact I don't like to clean house now,but since I don't have anyone to clean up after my pitiful behind ,I have no choice. Besides I hate the sloppiness that I was so at ease with in my youth. I can't recall very many kids who didn't whine and moan when they were instructed to clean up. That's what kids basically do, whine .So I cut the kids some slack just so long as they aren't just balls out lazy or think they are to privileged to clean up because they think that they have a maid in their mother.

I liked Diane. The comment she made when going through the hood didn't bother me at all,in fact I thought it was funny. I used to live in the hood and I didn't want to roll up in someone else's hood either. It's a comfort level kind of thing. You know she was thinking "Oh ('bleep' )what have I gotten myself into now!"

The Famiglietti daughters comments were pretty funny. The house was not well lit and she did say the first thing she noticed was Veronicas hair color, then she thought she was tan before realizing Veronica was black. I found her comments to consistent with a lot of women's comments regarding other women because the first thing she looked at was her hair. Every female I know sizes up another female up by their hair or whether the other woman is cute or something like that.

Britney and AJ the most spoiled of all the kids that have been on the show?
    Naw dude. Britney was a prissy thing as far as getting her hair wet and she seemed like the only thing she wanted to do was shop (like a lot of girls) The boy wanted to be outside doing things instead of staying inside,but his mother is to over protective. I think that's why she said the Famiglietti's get an 'A' plus in parenting because their kids aren't in jail and the daughter isn't pregnant. She doesn't want her kids to become statistics. Besides these kids aren't chauffeured around to soccer or ballet practice and on top of that 'The Veronica' makes them clean up after themselves. Spoiled gets don't have it like that.

Have you noticed how every show seems to be the same?

On one side you have the rich people, with spoiled lazy kids.
    On the other side you have the poor people who are 'rich in thier hearts' and do everything together.

I though about it some more and the alternative would be to have Rich happy people or poor unhappy people. Neither on would be good for television.

Instead we are treated to the class-warface bs, in which being poor and better than being rich. This show should be a 6-8 week filler show, not a full season.

FORT Regular
    Obviously there are certain required elements..family outting, party for friends/relatives/loved ones, but I really can't get a handle on what the EXPECTATION is. Is the mom told to do as much or as little as she wishes? To try to fit in? Is the family supposed to keep "business as usual" or treat her as a guest? I think I'd like the show a bit more if I knew this, because I get tied up in the "it's kinda mean to make Veronica go out on a fishing trip if she hates boats/the ocean/fishing".

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Too late in the day to give a big ole opinion of everyone.. I'll just say that I think these shows are GREAT!

I love how they have all the musical effects! Cracks me up hard!!!

I don't think they're all that similar in shows, sure the parents may all seem to do the same things that are annoying/tedious.. but I just really enjoy seeing how each family is so different and how another person thinks they can just "meld in" easily.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    I don't think those kids are spoiled or lazy. Yes they have lots of things, but it looks like V makes them work for stuff. They have chores, and it doesn't seem like they get everything they want. Yes they pout when things don't go the way they want, but most kids do that. To me spoiled is when you don't have to pout ('cause you have everything you want.)
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    Have you noticed how every show seems to be the same?

On the other side you have the poor people who are 'rich in thier hearts' and do everything together.

I though about it some more and the alternative would be to have Rich happy people or poor unhappy people. Neither on would be good for television.

Instead we are treated to the class-warface bs, in which being poor and better than being rich. This show should be a 6-8 week filler show, not a full season.
    I hope the "Wife Swap" show would provide clearer instructions for the participants and involve various families from different walks of life.

What memory would you rather have of your childhood:

We lived in a really, really clean house. But didn't do much together

OR

Our house was messy, but, damn, we had fun!

I like this show. Mrs. V is getting on my nerves, she's bossy, and opinionated. I like Diane, she's down to earth, and she's sincere.
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    I like this show. Mrs. V is getting on my nerves, she's bossy, and opinionated. I like Diane, she's down to earth, and she's sincere.
    I agree luvcure1. Veronica is not only bossy and opinionated, but very whiny and petty about having her way about things. I think she acts very spoiled, and that is probably why her children are coming off that way to some, because they see mom doing it. Veronica calling the daughter lazy.. I was like.. and how the heck do you have any room to call anyone lazy. I honestly dont think their home was that messy either, there were a few things to be put away, but I have seen much nastier homes than that. Their home looked lived in, and heck thats the way to be instead of a neat freak. Diane has been through a life altering experience with her heart attack, so she has learned not to take the simple things for granted and to live and love each day as it were your last. I loved when she explained to AJ about how they lost this and that after she had her heart attack, and how he should be more appreciative of his father and his hard earned money. I think Diane will teach these children more in learning to not take things for granted and be appreciative of what you do have, because others arent as lucky as they are. That in itself would be a very valuable lesson to these "spoiled" children. They dont have to cry and throw a tantrum to show they are spoiled. You can see that when they dont get their way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast