+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: The Famiglietti family

  1. #21
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    prhoshay?? you invented a whole new word (creatibility?? ) but harassed fitchick for a typo? you're baaad.

    I can't wait to see what's instore for the whole crew next week!
    Oops!!! My Baa-aad!!! I guess me and Fitchick went to the same Bush-isms
    school!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #22
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,487
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    Let's just say I went to the college of (p)resident Bushisms


    I think next weeks show is going to be fun. Or is that funer?

    funerer, to be exact!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #23
    FORT Regular j2dap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    123
    Their house was filthy! It was a damn mess and they actually allowed for a camera crew to come in and set up round the clock . There is no excuse for that. Four children with the youngest at 10 or 11? Have some dignity . Theres's no excuse for that type of filth. This is not a financial matter it's a matter of self respect. I do not understand how some one could stand to live in such filth.

  4. #24
    FORT Regular Jcat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    61
    I wouldn't say that the family was racist, just colour struck....both the mother and the family had to point out race like it was an issue. I hope the money is used to pay their bills and then to travel to meet other types of people, so they're not so culture shocked.

  5. #25
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcat80
    I wouldn't say that the family was racist, just colour struck....both the mother and the family had to point out race like it was an issue. I hope the money is used to pay their bills and then to travel to meet other types of people, so they're not so culture shocked.
    WOW....
    allright, let me tell you a little about Peabody and its surrounding communities as well as the people. I dont think you can get more diverse in Race, religion, customs then here..... and the thing is... people talk about it upfront... People here TALK about these differences upfront, with that type of attitude... we dont say "african-AMerican" we dont say "asian-american" , no its... black, white, asian, doesnt matter... but there are no issues of racism because people talk about in the open like that. These are communities in which people have been born, raised, and work there.

    If people want to call us a-holes.. let it be. The attitude around here is "DONT CARE" ..... and about their house.... Thats how they live, get over it... they arent going to be fake about iit.. even if this has o do with common curtisy... remember? "WE DONT CARE" We live how we live and we are damn proud of it. We say what is on our minds... and we are damn proud of that too.


  6. #26
    FORT Fogey did_it_again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,079
    This family didn't come of as racist at all to me.

  7. #27
    FORT Regular Jcat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Omylovely
    WOW....
    allright, let me tell you a little about Peabody and its surrounding communities as well as the people. I dont think you can get more diverse in Race, religion, customs then here..... and the thing is... people talk about it upfront... People here TALK about these differences upfront, with that type of attitude... we dont say "african-AMerican" we dont say "asian-american" , no its... black, white, asian, doesnt matter... but there are no issues of racism because people talk about in the open like that. These are communities in which people have been born, raised, and work there.

    If people want to call us a-holes.. let it be. The attitude around here is "DONT CARE" ..... and about their house.... Thats how they live, get over it... they arent going to be fake about iit.. even if this has o do with common curtisy... remember? "WE DONT CARE" We live how we live and we are damn proud of it. We say what is on our minds... and we are damn proud of that too.


    and there is nothing wrong with that, but I do think they would benefit from meeting other types of people and cultures. I'm not saying don't say whats on your mind, but it's obvious that this family is very contained and I think they'd have fun seeing what other people do and maybe learn a different way of seeing or doing things. Most families would benefit from that.

  8. #28
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcat80
    and there is nothing wrong with that, but I do think they would benefit from meeting other types of people and cultures. I'm not saying don't say whats on your mind, but it's obvious that this family is very contained and I think they'd have fun seeing what other people do and maybe learn a different way of seeing or doing things. Most families would benefit from that.
    im not sure if you misunderstood what i said. They already live in a diverse community where they do interact with people of different cultures.. sorry if i come off a little stand-offish ( alot stand off-ish)

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey canadian_bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    946
    I dont think the family is racist either. I think they were just making conversation. Apparently where they live they dont have many Africa-Americans in their neighborhood. In that case, they do need to get out more and get to know different cultures and how they live.

  10. #30
    FORT lover skynet5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    176
    I think this mom was by far the sweetest of all moms I've seen on this show. She had a wonderful, fun, caring and uplifting personality. If everyone was half as sweet as her what an incredibly happy and peaceful world we would live in. And I think her personality transcended racism because she was so non-racist she would say whatever popped in her head instead of worrying how the black family might interpret it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.