+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thibodeaux Family

The Thibodeaux Family

The Thibodeaux family of Lithonia, Georgia, consists of Alvin, 44, Veronica, 35, Brittney, 16, and A.J., 10. Alvin was born and raised in Louisiana, and in his early 20s ventured out to Georgia in search of work. That is where he met Veronica, originally from Alabama, to whom he's been married for 15 years. After living in an apartment in Tucker, Georgia, for a long time, the Thibodeaux family relocated to Lithonia in order to take care of Veronica's ill mother. They have now lived for three years in a Lithonia subdivision, a family-oriented community where A. J. and neighborhood kids play basketball until sundown. Veronica owns her own housekeeping business while Alvin works graveyard shift at Trojan Battery, a factory producing batteries for heavy equipment. After work Alvin helps his wife clean houses, and as if that weren't enough, he also picks up gardening and maintenance jobs here and there within the community. This family works extremely hard just to live paycheck to paycheck.
    Alvin is a loving father and an adoring husband. Veronica has to have her house immaculate, especially when there's company, and has trained Brittney to keep the house tidy at all times. Now 16 years old, Brittney is the typical teenage girl, sweet and shy and obsessed with shopping, boys and talking on the phone. A.J. is a good-hearted, energetic comedian who enjoys video games and playing ball. The two children get along pretty well as they go to movies and to the mall together with friends.
    The basis of the Thibodeaux family is to have a good time. They thoroughly enjoy hosting cookouts for family and friends on the weekends and more than anything they love to travel. The family squeezes into their small pickup truck to visit family in Alabama, where they often have major family reunion cookouts. They have driven as far as Detroit to visit extended family. They love to party and get down to music. The kids teach their parents new school moves, while the parents teach them old school grooves. As a whole this family works hard and budgets in order to live a fun life.

Bring on the Thibodeaux family .

They sound great on paper. Very down to earth
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

talk about a well-rounded family. I hope they come off well on the show
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I'm anxious to meet these folks. they sound like lots of fun.

I really want to see which family is going to come out on top.They seem normal in the above article,but there is always something lurking in the shadows.

This family is pretty cool too. I like the dad,but they could get out more. The boy wants to do more,but I think the girl and the mother would just prefer to shop and stay in the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    What I am seeing here is a mother and father who have worked, and continue to work hard for what they have AND are GRATEFUL for what they have gained. Sounds like times past were hard, and they have been determined to do better and have. Like a lot of parents who felt deprived in their lives, they are detemined that their children will have everything that they didn't. And there's nothing wrong with that.

And are these children 'spoiled'? To a certain extent, yes they are. But I think there is 'good spoiled' and 'bad spoiled'. So far, these children seem to be 'good spoiled', but I fear that they are just a couple of blocks away from being 'bad spoiled'. And the new Mom just might be able to keep them from becoming 'bad spoiled'. How neat for the kids!!

Overcompensation, even if thought to be done out of love, can hurt your children. Sometimes I think we forget that.

My college-aged son and I are now having a standoff over his cell phone! I cut him off because he doesn't see a need to get any kind of job at all while he is in college. Let me clarify........I am sending him to college as a sole providing mother (we are divorced, and his Dad is in the picture{and our son is a product of our marriage} but not financially). And it's not about the money (for me), it's about the work ethic involved. He won't call me...but he manages to call his dad. Well, OK. I'm not hating about that. It's just his sense of entitlement without having to be any kind of responsible that rubs me the wrong way. I DON'T THINK SO!!! I have come to recognize that he is spoiled, but I thought it was a good spoiled, up until now......and I am the culprit. I am working to flip it around. Wish me luck!!! There's nothing I do better than WAIT!!!! but I love him, and he is a good kid!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Such a nice family. Alvin is such a sweetheart. He was concerned about a tall woman because of his short stature. So cute. He could stand to lose the mini pony tail on the back of his head though.
    I think the son and the daughter are cute,but the daughter is to house comfortable. She isn't adventurous at all. Her mothers over protection I feel as had some adverse affects on her,but if that's the worse, then she's fine. Heavens, I can think of plenty more that can go wrong with a teenage girl other then not being very adventurous and not wanting to get ones hair wet.

The boy is ten or eleven years old. He wants to be outside so bad. He said he didn't miss his mother. I thought that was so sad. I get the impression that what mommy says goes in this family. I hope the boy doesn't rebel when he gets older. He looks as though he will be bigger then his father in no time at all and if he rebels it's going to be difficult to keep him in line.Perhaps they should relax the reigns a touch with him.Just a touch.

Veronica needs an enema. I wouldn't last long around her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast