+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thibodeaux Family

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    :deadhorse
    Exactly canadian bunny! I was hoping no one would try to bring up this damn subject again, but then someone comes along and starts it up again. Enough! I've stated my positions on earlier posts and I haven't brought it up again in any of my posts since then.

Someone besides me had to have heard the letter from Diane say that the TV was for over the fireplace so that Veronica could watch her soap operas. Please tell me that you did. Humor me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Someone besides me had to have heard the letter from Diane say that the TV was for over the fireplace so that Veronica could watch her soap operas. Please tell me that you did. Humor me here.
    Yes Muduh.. your ears are not decieving you. I heard her say that the TV was to be placed over the fireplace for Veronica and her soap operas.

I don't even have to humor you. That is indeed what it said in the letter. She probably needs a break to watch her soaps after directing everyone else all day long.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Thanks CB and Blue. I was worried there for a while. That was one reason that I couldn't figure out why Veronica (Ronnie?) was so irritated by it.
    Blue, I love your way of thinking. Bossing has to be hard work.

I agree with you, canadian_bunny. This by far, was my favorite show yet of Trading Spouses.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    It's control, control, control.........and jealousy is a form of control.
    I think you're on to something, prhoshay. When you think of it, control freaks are usually the difficult personalities on these shows. Veronica was easier going than, say Tammy or Caprice (Wife Swap), but clearly control was more important to her than her family's happiness.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I think you're on to something, prhoshay. When you think of it, control freaks are usually the difficult personalities on these shows. Veronica was easier going than, say Tammy or Caprice (Wife Swap), but clearly control was more important to her than her family's happiness.
    I think being a control freak is generaly caused by fear --- fear that you may lose what you have. Look at Tammy --- she used to be a truck driver and is now married to a very wealthy plastic surgeon and living in a very nice home. She's afraid of going back to where she used to be. Most people would more readily accept a lower lifestyle because they are happier, have better values and know what's really important in life (spending time with family, love, having fun with your friends, etc.). But, Tammy is pretty much just obsessed with her material wealth which makes her very afraid to lose it and adds to her problem with being a control freak... kind of a snowball effect.

As for Veronica, she is not nearly as bad as Tammy IMHO. But, she does have control issues which may stem from her having a lower lifestyle that she may resent or fear going back to. Remember, they did say they lived in an apartment for many years before finally moving in a house and the house they moved into was quite nice. It was quite a step up for them which would make her fearful of going back to their previous lifestyle. That being said, Veronica has a decent chance of overcoming those issues while I think Tammy has virtually none.

Alvin works a late shift so he's only going to have so much energy left. I'm under the interpretation Veronica is a housewife so the house is her domain. I think she's somewhat of a throw back to women of the past,maybe I'm being stereotypical here, but her home is her pride and joy so Veronica is going to lay down the law. If she doesn't who's going to take control? I don't see her kids doing anything without bing told to do so and Alvin because of his work schedule is going to be limited.

Alvin has to step up to the plate and assert his authority. His work schedule is no excuse.

+ Reply to Thread