+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thibodeaux Family

Um......So do you think Alvin is gonna get more use out of that plasma screen or is Veronica?

Veronica came off as tough she was going to try to make an effort to change how she relates to her family,but I get the feeling that it's going to be difficult for her ,because as they say old habits are hard to break.

I think she was being sincere ,but she does run the household and for her to make those changes she's going to have to relax her grip,but who's going to help her do that when she's already in control and everything revolves around her. That would mean her husband has to step in and help her make the change,but he seems to chill to take that step.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Um......So do you think Alvin is gonna get more use out of that plasma screen or is Veronica?

Veronica came off as tough she was going to try to make an effort to change how she relates to her family,but I get the feeling that it's going to be difficult for her ,because as they say old habits are hard to break.

I think she was being sincere ,but she does run the household and for her to make those changes she's going to have to relax her grip,but who's going to help her do that when she's already in control and everything revolves around her. That would mean her husband has to step in and help her make the change,but he seems to chill to take that step.
    I think the odds are that she won't change much. I think most people who really want to change don't so those who are lukewarm about the idea almost definitely won't. Look at the former mayor of NYC [Gulianni (?sp)] who said that getting cancer would forever change him since he thought he'd die. He said he'd appreciate people more and enjoy life more outside of work. 6 months later he admitted he was back to his old self. It's not because they are bad, it's just because what you said --- old habits are hard to break.

LUCYGRL

They didn't seem to really miss Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    I think it's sad for Veronica to have only have been gone for only a week and to have her children not miss her. I can only imagine how she will feel after watching this episode.
    I too think is was so sad that they didn't really miss her all that much. The daughter even said that the mom probably hadn't changed. That was so sweet of the dad to get flowers and balloons. But did you notice how Veronica almost didn't know how to react with a humble thankyou. :phhht Then as they all sat around talking instead of talking about exciting stuff, I mean, come on it was quite a different experience, all she talked about was the cleaning of Diane's house. Did you notice how board the family was. It wasn't even until the husband and kids started telling all the fun that they had that things perked up. I wish we could see how things go when they see the show in TV. Now that would be something.

I changed my opinion of Veronica when she acted so snotty about the way Diane spent their money. I couldn't hear every thing that the money was assigned for but her being angry about the 3,000 dollar ring and the 1,000 shopping trip turned me off. I got the impression that she wanted all the money for herself and felt slighted because Alvin obviously got some things that he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by lucygrl
    I too think is was so sad that they didn't really miss her all that much. The daughter even said that the mom probably hadn't changed. That was so sweet of the dad to get flowers and balloons. But did you notice how Veronica almost didn't know how to react with a humble thankyou. :phhht Then as they all sat around talking instead of talking about exciting stuff, I mean, come on it was quite a different experience, all she talked about was the cleaning of Diane's house. Did you notice how board the family was. It wasn't even until the husband and kids started telling all the fun that they had that things perked up. I wish we could see how things go when they see the show in TV. Now that would be something.
    I didn't notice that, but you are right. Good observations! I think it showed she was self-absorbed to not only talk about what she did (rather than the other family), but to disregard what her family wanted to talk about in spite of the bored look on her face. Come to think of it, her reaction about their closeness to other mother seemed more about "that's not fair" rather than realizing she would be closer to her kids if she had more fun with them and wasn't so uptight.

It's nice that there are ways to improve our looks through manicures, hair dye, toothbrushes, makeup, etc. Too bad there's no cure for an ugly personality.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    It's nice that there are ways to improve our looks through manicures, hair dye, toothbrushes, makeup, etc. Too bad there's no cure for an ugly personality.
    On that point, I will agree. It doesn't matter how bright Veronica's nail polish is as long as she doesn't improve her personality it won't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    Why do women like Veronica want to have their hair done, manicure, etc. She's so unattractive that you can't do anything to improve her looks ---
    Oh, I don't know...how about a feeling of self worth? Why can't someone just want to do something to make them feel better about themself?

I wouldn't say Veronica had an ugly personality or even a bad one.
    From what I saw Veronica was someone who needed to open up as well as loosen up. I never saw a person who was mean or nasty in attitude. Anal retentive,o.k. A little on the boring side,o.k.But I don't think she as an ugly personality. (recognizing the fact that ugly is in the eye of the beholder)
    She comes off as the kind of person who is at their best in their own environment and it's harder for her to reach out where as in Diane's case she just doesn't care. She just goes for it.

I thought she had a very nasty attitude. She acted like she needed everyone to cater to her without her doing anything in return. I felt that her family really did dread her return.

+ Reply to Thread