+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thibodeaux Family

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Looks are such transient things. Good looks can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I've never understood the overexaggerated importance of such a cotton candy subject. And if you happen to be in a relationship with a physically beautiful person, that does not up your stock! In fact, it may lower the beautiful person's stock!!

Now.....everybody play nice! Have a great day!
    I never "overexaggerated" the subject. I value personality, kindness, compassion, tolerance, etc. over looks any day! And, you play nice --- all I did was compliment my wife's appearance and you use that against me in a post following another person's attack (i.e., kicking someone when they are already being beaten down). Give me a break!

Alvin seemed like such a sweet person,but I got the feeling that he could have gone a bit longer without Veronica. I saw him tap his son on the arm when Veronica asked if they missed her and he feebly said yes. As a matter of fact last week when they were at the diner table he made a remark about Diane staying a little longer. I'm a little off on the exact words ,but I think I'm in the ballpark. I can understand Diane being a welcome change to the routine ,but I really got the feeling Alvin may have truly meant what he said to Diane . His actions said to me upon Veronicas return that he was simply going through the motions with giving her flowers and the obligatory hug.

Why wouldn't someone admire Veronica's nails if she got a nice french manicure? Or her hairstyle or hair color?? Just cos she's heavyset and not 25, doesn't mean she wouldn't get a compliment.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    My main problem with your post is acting like I said something that defied logic.
    and then you go and say this..
    My point is why try to make your nails look beautiful if no one will admire them anyway.
    Uhh..maybe because her mother, father, husband, daughter, son, cousin, neighbor, co-worker, boss, etc.. admires the FLIPPIN' nails!

Yet, I'M being illogical.

You may disagree with my point, but don't try to act like there is no logic involved and insult me with obvious questions that defy logic. You even had the nerve to say "think about it" --- well you are the one who needs to think about it.
    I do?

And, if you want to report me, go ahead. You post was clearly more insulting than mine and though you didn't direct it at me, I was the one who brought up the initial question so it wasn't a big jump to realize your comments were directed to me. With more than 3400 posts you should have learned some tact.
    Just read the FAQ, and all the angst you're feeling towards me may go away. Or may not. I don't really care.

/off to post 3400 more posts
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    and then you go and say this..Uhh..maybe because her mother, father, husband, daughter, son, cousin, neighbor, co-worker, boss, etc.. admires the FLIPPIN' nails!

Yet, I'M being illogical.

I do?

Just read the FAQ, and all the angst you're feeling towards me may go away. Or may not. I don't really care.

/off to post 3400 more posts
    Since when do guys admire women's nails?!? Maybe a women might admire her nails, but that doesn't mean she thinks the women is any more attractive because of them. In fact, she might think the women should be focusing on working out in the gym instead of spending time having a manicure! At least that logic is possible while your sarcastic questions are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Why wouldn't someone admire Veronica's nails if she got a nice french manicure? Or her hairstyle or hair color?? Just cos she's heavyset and not 25, doesn't mean she wouldn't get a compliment.
    I'm just saying it is also possible they might not. For instance, since she is heavyset, they might believe her time may be better spent working out in the gym rather than having her nails done. That would also improve her health which could lead to her doing more athletic activities with her kids and being a better role model (remember her kids were also overweight).

Men don't notice good grooming?? Since when? Listen, this is a varied world...obviously you think Veronica's unattractive, but I'm betting there's plenty of people who find her to be hot. Not you, that's for sure. Meh.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oy vay.

Good day sir!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Men don't notice good grooming?? Since when? Listen, this is a varied world...obviously you think Veronica's unattractive, but I'm betting there's plenty of people who find her to be hot. Not you, that's for sure. Meh.
    Even if they notice the grooming they may wonder why she doesn't focus on health as least as much as grooming. In a country of over 280 million, they are bound to be plenty of people attacted to her. I'm not one of them, but one reason is that I prefer people who realize that staying healthy is more important than making your nails all nice and shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Oy vay.

Good day sir!
    Gee, I thought you were gone?!? But, you just had to get the last word in! That's typical of people who will never admit they were wrong!

+ Reply to Thread