+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thibodeaux Family

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I'll give you that, I just didn't see anything wrong with Veronica wanting to have her hair and nails done, and your comment about her not being attractive just threw me. For me, it's about pride in myself and not necessarily beauty (although I think I am attractive.)

I agree the other mom has a beautiful spirit, but Veronica isn't all that bad to me.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Veronica was realizing things about herself and her family that needed improving. I think she is a fun lady, she just needed someone like Diane to show her not to take her family and health for granted, being she had had the heart attack and near death experience. As far as her appearance, she was a pretty lady and needed to work on her attitude in general.

I think it's sad for Veronica to have only have been gone for only a week and to have her children not miss her. I can only imagine how she will feel after watching this episode.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can't believe there is a convo about whether she SHOULD get her nails/hair done cause she's already ugly. Boggles the mind.

Why go to the dentist if you're overweight then?
    Why get your prostate checked if you are bald?
    Why have a savings account if you suck at saving?
    Why eat Taco Bell when you have food in the fridge?
    Why even smile if you're not in a relationship?
    Why wake up in the morning if you don't have a job?
    Why swim in the ocean if you have a friend with a pool?

I mean really.. think about it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    She was a good mother and wife..she just doesn't know how to "let loose" and not be so rigid in her life. I truly believe that she will change things because of this show. It won't be a 360 turnaround, but IMO she watched this show and realized a lot.

She wasn't a terrible mother/wife at all. IMO, she wanted her children to have what she didn't have growing up.. that being $$, toys, food, clean house... but in the process of doing that, she failed to notice what she was missing, closeness & affection.
    We've all lost site of certain things in our lives, it's not rare. I'm pretty sure that after watching the show, Veronica hugged her family.

I think they were a sweet & cute family.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

And the people all say damn ,damn,damn!!!!!
    Last edited by did_it_again; 09-29-2004 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I can't believe there is a convo about whether she SHOULD get her nails/hair done cause she's already ugly. Boggles the mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    She was a good mother and wife..she just doesn't know how to "let loose" and not be so rigid in her life. I truly believe that she will change things because of this show. It won't be a 360 turnaround, but IMO she watched this show and realized a lot.

She wasn't a terrible mother/wife at all. IMO, she wanted her children to have what she didn't have growing up.. that being $$, toys, food, clean house... but in the process of doing that, she failed to notice what she was missing, closeness & affection.
    We've all lost site of certain things in our lives, it's not rare. I'm pretty sure that after watching the show, Veronica hugged her family.

I think they were a sweet & cute family.
    Why didn't you read all the posts on the subject so you could really understand what was being said?!? And, on your subject, why post just to antogonize people! Why post about a subject that was already discussed and settled! Why put your sarcasm in the form of many questions when one would have done the job! Gee, I wonder why this issue is such a sensitive subject for you?!?

This is probably a can of whump A-- you don't want to open. I'm going to leave now be for it all blows up.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    Why didn't you read all the posts on the subject so you could really understand what was being said?!?
    Dunno how I missed the point(s) you were making..which clearly were to just say she shouldn't do her hair/nails.
    I had all of your posts highlighted here, to further emphasize that I did, in fact, read them..but I didn't want it to seem too "baiting". So, what did I miss about your posts that I didn't address in mine?
    And, on your subject, why post just to antogonize people!
    Why type out a question and end it in an exclamation?
    That was my example of antagonizing someone...just so you know the difference in my posts. But, most importantly, where did I antagonize anyone?! Where? I stated my opinion, and didn't even address YOU directly.
    Why post about a subject that was already discussed and settled!
    When posting on a site where threads are open to be read for a million years, your opinion(s) that are posted are open for discussion for the million years that it'll be available to the public. People still fight about The First Amendment, should they stop debating because....it's 2004?
    Why put your sarcasm in the form of many questions when one would have done the job!
    I wanted to put more, but the next time I need to get my post(s) PRE-APPROVED for content, I'll be sure to PM you.
    Gee, I wonder why this issue is such a sensitive subject for you?!?
    Are you insinuating that I'm an overweight person? That my hair looks bad? That I'm not as beautiful as your wife? That I shouldn't have an opinion?!
    Here's a good read, FAQ because I am NOT baiting you, nor flaming you, nor INSULTING you, NOR am I reporting you for trying to insulting me.
    To make you feel better, I'm not a robust 348 lb manicured, well styled typist...but trust me, if I was..I'd STILL type out the same post I did earlier.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Looks are such transient things. Good looks can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I've never understood the overexaggerated importance of such a cotton candy subject. And if you happen to be in a relationship with a physically beautiful person, that does not up your stock! In fact, it may lower the beautiful person's stock!!

Now.....everybody play nice! Have a great day!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My main problem with your post is acting like I said something that defied logic. All of your sarcastic questions do defy logic. For example, "why wake up in the morning if you don't have a job?". Obvious answers: to enjoy life, to watch TV, to go to the bathroom, to buy food, etc. In fact, there is no logical point in any of your sarcastic questions. My point is why try to make your nails look beautiful if no one will admire them anyway. You may disagree with my point, but don't try to act like there is no logic involved and insult me with obvious questions that defy logic. You even had the nerve to say "think about it" --- well you are the one who needs to think about it.

And, if you want to report me, go ahead. You post was clearly more insulting than mine and though you didn't direct it at me, I was the one who brought up the initial question so it wasn't a big jump to realize your comments were directed to me. With more than 3400 posts you should have learned some tact.

+ Reply to Thread