+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thibodeaux Family

LUCYGRL
    Maybe I'm oldfashioned, but Veronica has a good man who would do anything for her. She should give him more respect as the M A N of the house. The King of his castle , and she can still be the Queen Bee

I think he's so laid back and chill that he feels it's best to let her have her way. Plus she's bigger then him. He probably doesn't want to get his butt kicked.

Why do women like Veronica want to have their hair done, manicure, etc. She's so unattractive that you can't do anything to improve her looks --- it's like giving a bulldog a new hairstyle. I think that's one of the reasons they were picked by Fox --- it leaves all the viewers wondering, OK, I understand prissy, but what is the point of being prissy when you like like that?!?

I dont think Veronica was unattractive. You dont have to be attractive to want to have your hair or nails done. ... What makes you feel good on the inside, will show on the outside. If she feels good about herself after having those things done, what harm is that??

I didn't say there was any harm --- just what good does it do?!? Sure, people like Veronica can do whatever they want, but do their actions make any real difference? I also appreciate people with great and warm personalities (like the other mother had), but that can only account for so much --- human nature does typically require some physical attraction. I thought the vast majority would find her unattractive and not see how changing her hairstyle would make any difference, but that's cool if you feel differently --- to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    I also appreciate people with great and warm personalities (like the other mother had), but that can only account for so much --- human nature does typically require some physical attraction. I thought the vast majority would find her unattractive and not see how changing her hairstyle would make any difference, but that's cool if you feel differently --- to each his/her own.
    Ohhh I wasnt saying I like her personality. I think that is what makes people more attractive, if they have a warm personality. I just didnt think she was unattractive because of her outward appearance, I think her attitude sucked. Sorry if I misread what you meant.

Why do women like Veronica want to have their hair done, manicure, etc. She's so unattractive that you can't do anything to improve her looks --- it's like giving a bulldog a new hairstyle. I think that's one of the reasons they were picked by Fox --- it leaves all the viewers wondering, OK, I understand prissy, but what is the point of being prissy when you like like that?!?

Well I think she knows she's over weight so maybe she's just trying to look her best. Imagine if she didn't even try to do the few things she does do for herself. At some level a person has to try. She never said she was fine or that she was sexy. Maybe she'll never look attractive to the vast majority,but it's better she does something positive for her looks rather then nothing at all.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    So I guess you're a beauty queen/hunk? I don't understand the problem here. So Veronica likes to get her hair and nails done... What? Is she supposed to walk around with her head held in shame 'cause you (and others don't find her appealing?) Her physical appearance is neither here nor there for me. Everone can't be gorgeous, and there are varying degrees to what makes someone attractive. I applaud her efforts of attempting to take care of herself... a lot of people don't even try.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

No, Veronica is not a paragon of conventional beauty, but so what? She has every right to want to indulge in beauty treatments

Her attitude is what got ugly, though. Too demanding.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    So I guess you're a beauty queen/hunk? I don't understand the problem here. So Veronica likes to get her hair and nails done... What? Is she supposed to walk around with her head held in shame 'cause you (and others don't find her appealing?) Her physical appearance is neither here nor there for me. Everone can't be gorgeous, and there are varying degrees to what makes someone attractive. I applaud her efforts of attempting to take care of herself... a lot of people don't even try.
    I look OK --- I think I would be rated about a 7 on the 1-10 scale, but I'm very fortunate to have a wife who is much more beautiful than I deserve and can really make heads turn with or without having her nails down. I understand that this mother shouldn't smell or have hair like a scarecrow, but she really can't improve much and that's the reality whether she's ashamed of herself or not.

In the end, I thought her personality came out looking OK, but compared to the other women (who was one of the most amazing people I've ever seen and had me in tears with her sweetness) she was a mediocre mother at best. And, that other mother was beautiful because of her personality, but she doesn't delude herself into believing that having her nails done or changing her hairstyle makes her looks dramatically more appealing. If you want someone who understands the real beauty in life, look at the other mother.

+ Reply to Thread