+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Good point. Drew's only what, 16? He might not be fully aware of or accepted his sexuality yet.
    That is not the point......Drew's Dad needs to accept Drew for who he is, thats it! Like Jen said to Drew " Be Yourself "
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

any way the wind blows redmermaid's Avatar
    Did anyone catch at the end of the show where Cathy said something like "they are going to come off looking so bad" about the other family?

That has really bothered me. It was a juvenile comment and one that is SO misplaced. (The pot calling the kettle black as they say..) I kept thinking that I liked her, but then the true nature of her judgements would make me step back. She is quite duplicitous and phony. Too bad she perceives herself as superior. Especially because she's just a servant.

any way the wind blows redmermaid's Avatar
    ....I just had a thought after I sent that through...
    Drew acts like a victim because he doesn't see his Mom as having any personal power. I'm thinking in his mind he relates to her more and sees that she's subservient and dependent on her husband. Drew will have some big relationships issues when he has one unless Cathy becomes more than a slave and doormat to her master. ooops, husband.

I was really heartened to see Drew and Dad at the end of the show. Hopefully, the experience ends up being a good one for them and dad steps up to the bar as a parent.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I like those posts redmermaid!

I agree 100%.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by redmermaid
    Did anyone catch at the end of the show where Cathy said something like "they are going to come off looking so bad" about the other family?

That has really bothered me. It was a juvenile comment and one that is SO misplaced. (The pot calling the kettle black as they say..) I kept thinking that I liked her, but then the true nature of her judgements would make me step back. She is quite duplicitous and phony. Too bad she perceives herself as superior. Especially because she's just a servant.
    Did you notice the deliberate editing job, though? She says, "they are going to come off looking so bad" as TPTB piece together her family self-destructing. It reminded me of when Rodney was complaining about everyone treating him like a child, and then the camera flashes over to him sucking his thumb. These people just set themselves up for this.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

[QUOTE=Duxxy]Jen didn't promise the little guy a dog - she allocated money to him and expressed her opinion that he should be allowed to have a dog .. every boy needs a dog.

QUOTE]

It's all semantics. If she didnt' think the money should go in getting him a dog, she shouldn't have mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Did you notice the deliberate editing job, though? She says, "they are going to come off looking so bad" as TPTB piece together her family self-destructing. It reminded me of when Rodney was complaining about everyone treating him like a child, and then the camera flashes over to him sucking his thumb. These people just set themselves up for this.
    I know - I love the editing of this show. They always seem to do that. I especially like when the bell dings.

I can't believe I forgot to add this: I was wondering how Arthur and the neighbors felt after watching them make fun of Jen and her pig tails and then realizing that Jen kept them only because Kristin did them! I was kinda weirded out by Jen wanting Kristin to do her hair, but she didn't seem to mind it. I thought it was sweet of Jen to keep them, even though I thought she probably did'nt want to.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh yea..I forgot about that Sunnyone! I sure hope he ate some crow after seeing that...the neighbors too. Jerks.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    One thing I've learned from watching this show is that when you're in a dysfunctional relationship you don't realize it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread