+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by elvisvegas
    Kathy did look down upon Rodney, but I think it was for a lack of responsibility, not a lack of material objects.
    I agree with that. She looked down at Rodney because he is a moron with a total lack of any sense of responsibility. He claimed that he can't get work because of the economic downturn since 9/11. He can't get work because he's an idiot. Would you want someone like that working for you?
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I'm also in agreement that she wasn't looking down at them for their lack of material things rather Rodney's lack of responsibility towards his family. He makes up excuses for not being able to find a job, buy hey, if you want to work, you'll find a job. I also couldn't believe he would ask a stranger to comb his hair for him :rolleyes What did he think kathy would think of him

I know Kathy's family wasn't perfect (what family is?) but Arthur took responsibility for them and did provide for them. Both families have issues and I wish them the best of luck in working everything out.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Drew will be fine when he grows up and gets to move away to San Fran or Chelsea in NYC.
    His dad sadly cant handle the fact that his son is gay.

What are you talking about?? The dad knows his son is gay (how can you not) He can't relate to a son who wants to be the "Family Victim" all the time. Drew is such a Drama Queen no one can relate to him. His smart a$$ mouth is way too much to take. has Drew accepted his sexuality??

Quote Originally Posted by WellAhLookyHere
    ...has Drew accepted his sexuality??
    Good point. Drew's only what, 16? He might not be fully aware of or accepted his sexuality yet.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

FORT Fan

One thing . . .

One thing I've learned from watching this show is that when you're in a dysfunctional relationship you don't realize it.

I loved the show tonight. I also got the feeling from this show that the producers are asking the moms to take a more *personal* approach to the other family. Both Jen and Kathy had lunch/dinner with the guys to talk about how they need to improve their relationship/work ethic, ect. I have never seen that before and I actually like it. There has to be real point to this show and a purpose.

I liked Jen again and when she said *If you don't like me, oh well* and really meant it. Jen is very intuitive and can really read people well- she nailed the Messina family on the head and I hope Kathy and Arthur learn a lot. I don't care for Rodney, but he and Jen certainly have a great relationship and Jen is a very happy person. I truly believe it is because of her family and how they relate to each other. Even the dinner hour was relaxed and everyone was involved.

I was embarrassed for Drew when he went screaming "Mommy, Mommy"- what 16 year old still calls his mom, mommy?? Also, I said in an earlier post that I wondered if Drew was Arthurs bio son, and I wondered again last night when he told Arthur "I have been telling you for 13 years I don't like sports!" hmmm- not that it makes a difference, but that may be the root of their problem- that Drew isn't the manly man Arthur wants him to be.
    I thought Kathy was very rude about Jen (and Jen even said she liked Kathy) and how Jen spent the money. I thought it was pretty thoughtful. Unlike Kathy- who claims to know everything about money- I would like to know where she can find a jet ski for $5,000? I would hate to be put in that position and I could not imagine how hard it would be.
    I am not sure it is fair to allocate money for a down payment for a house. That may put them in more of a bad financial situation, so I would tend to either let them use $20,000 for whatever, and let them decide if they want to use it for a down payment. But, I dont' think they are held to what is written down- I think it is all for show to see what the new moms *would like* it to be spent on- I would guess they are all just handed a check and it is up to the parents to decide if the kids get the jet ski or the mom a trip to Europe.
    Also, I agree with Kathy- Jen should have never promised that little guy a dog. I would have been pissed too. It isn't just the dog, but the mess and bills to go with it.

Jen didn't promise the little guy a dog - she allocated money to him and expressed her opinion that he should be allowed to have a dog .. every boy needs a dog.

I dont think Kathy was down on the other family, when she was talking about she and her husband starting their business at their kitchen table and growing it into the business it is today - allowing them to afford some of the finer things in life.. I think what she was trying to get across was .. If I can do it, with a little initiative, you can too.

One thing that was abundantly clear last night ... when you find your soulmate.. your 'forever man' it doesn't matter what the rest of the country thinks of him as long as you love him. Both of these families had fabulous 'parental relationships'
    Lastly.. Jen made a mistake giving Drew and Arthur kickboxing lessons.. Arthur is already trying to pull Drew into his sports affected world, kicking and screaming. What Jen should have done is open up Drew's world to Arthur in the way of box seats to the symphony/opera/theater.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WellAhLookyHere
    What are you talking about?? The dad knows his son is gay (how can you not) He can't relate to a son who wants to be the "Family Victim" all the time. Drew is such a Drama Queen no one can relate to him. His smart a$$ mouth is way too much to take. has Drew accepted his sexuality??
    How about a lil understanding for the boy? How about not jumping to conclusions that someone is GAY because of how someone acts/talks????

/so much to say, but I won't.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Lastly.. Jen made a mistake giving Drew and Arthur kickboxing lessons.. Arthur is already trying to pull Drew into his sports affected world, kicking and screaming. What Jen should have done is open up Drew's world to Arthur in the way of box seats to the symphony/opera/theater.
    I totally agree with you Duxxy!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    I agree with that. She looked down at Rodney because he is a moron with a total lack of any sense of responsibility. He claimed that he can't get work because of the economic downturn since 9/11. He can't get work because he's an idiot. Would you want someone like that working for you?

Maybe if he started to act like an adult and not a juvenile, people would think differently of him. Grow up, get a job, and keep it. I'm glad that She took a liking to Drew (is that his name?). Talked to him about what he is capable of accomplishing. Hopefully, her words stuck with him so he doesn't end up like his father
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread