+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kick boxing class for father and son who hates sports ?
    5K for plastic surgery ?
    Stupid stupid choices

Jennifer gave $5,000 for plastic surgery!?!?! $1,200 for kick boxing classes for Dad and son. Drew hates it.

Kathy gets mad that Jennifer gave money to therepy because her insurance covers it. ARG that was quite an annoying comment.

Rodney bought his wife a nice $1.99 card (from his kids piggy bank probably) that read:

"Each memory is special, and this one makes me hope.... that you wont wake up one morning & leave me after realizing I'm a Dope!"

The dad and son hug. That was supose to be the touching moment of the show.

Seems like quite an interesting episode next week.

It appears that most of our "educated" well to do mommies really do look down on the other "poor trash" mommies and they need to get over it. This last family swap I think got way too personal as far as the attacks went.... 5K for nip & tuck (that wasn't a dig about someones Fat Ass was it? cuz neither one of the mommies was twiggy...
    Drew and dad kickboxing????? *does my best Paul Lynde* (if anyone remembers him) You have got to be kiiiiiiiidddddding!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

What amazes me is how each realize family values and can tell someone else what is wrong with their family, but when it comes down to seeing the same thing in their own family, they dont see where they can improve. The mothers were wonderful role models to each surrogate family, but they need to take the advice they were giving the other family, and apply it to their own family. Kathy needs to wake up, her family is not all together. Her husband is way too arrogant and he needs to bond better with Drew. By the ending of tonights show, it looked as if he was really trying to have a relationship with Drew, who is starving for his dads approval. Jen's children and mother are wonderful, the only improvement her family really needs is for her husband to get off his butt and get a job and be a man and help support his family.

FORT Newbie

Ugh the Husbands

I absolutely abhorred the Messino family by way of the Adults. Both of them are such pompous asses. Author is such a jerk and the friends at that party were so rude. I realize Jen was a bit out there in convo topic but still it isn't as if they unbraced her is the first place and made her at ease. I so wish I could have been in her place just so I could have put those heathen snobs in their place.
    As for Rodney, bless his heart, is all I can say. But at least the family seems to genuinely care for one another.

Oops, gotta get more of my three cents in here, and If Jennifer doesnt mind combing hubbys hair etc etc, more power to her and them. Granted Rodney may be lazy as far as jobs go, but I saw a genuine caring about family and life in that family, whereas the Messina family while they may care about each other, I see more materialism going on there and BTW they should just accept Drew for who he is, but I dont think Mom or Dad want the "perfect" little family image "destroyed". I will probably be back with more.... :phhht
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Okay... Did you guys catch.. when Jen was leaving to return back home, Drew gave her a three page letter?? He said briefly some things he had written in it, but I was so hoping that she would read it after reading how the money was suppose to be spent. Now I will never know what he said

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Okay... Did you guys catch.. when Jen was leaving to return back home, Drew gave her a three page letter?? He said briefly some things he had written in it, but I was so hoping that she would read it after reading how the money was suppose to be spent. Now I will never know what he said
    Yesssssss, I was hoping the same thing. When they had lunch together, it was all I had to do to keep from jumping up and screaming at Jen to just come out and "TELL DREW THAT GAY IS OK"... I think he really connected to her, and maybe her talk with Dad did some good, I mean are there really that many parents in this "enlightened" world today that uneasy with a gay kid?

But what did the letter say???????? -- Darn I wish she had read it, but it was not related to the family swap so..... I guess we will never know. *SIGH*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread