+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Donaho Family

The Donaho Family

THE DONAHO FAMILY

Switch: Mom goes to stay with the Messina family

Rodney and Jennifer Donaho met in their teens and married right away. Almost 20 years later, their love for one another is still obvious to anyone who sees them together. "Living without Jen for a week will be the toughest challenge I've ever had to face," says Rodney Donaho. "She's the love of my life."

Jennifer is an environmental educator for her local school district in rural Texas. *She fell in love with her husband for his humor, wit and looks, and wouldn't change a thing about him given the chance. She cites honesty, communication and having fun together as the foundation upon which their relationship was built and consequently why it has stood strong after all these years. She values her relationship with her husband above all else, which has been a glowing example of commitment to her two sons, Derrik and Nicholas.

Jennifer and her family live with Jennifer's mother, Betty King, the 65-year-old self-proclaimed matriarch of the family. Betty strongly encourages everyone in the house to have a relationship with God. She gathers the family for church every Sunday and arranges numerous extra-curricular religious events. Betty also recently retired from the local courthouse.

Derrik loves having his grandmother around and rarely complains about her rules and restrictions, knowing that "she does it because she loves me so much." Derrik works at Wal-Mart and is an avid soccer player and pool shark.

Derrik's younger brother, Nicholas, loves science, dodge ball, and "The Simpsons." He is also obsessed with monkeys. He shares a room with Derrik and dreams of the day when he can have his own room.

The Donahos spend a great deal of time with their extended family -- hosting barbeques and "get-togethers" at Lake Ray Hubbard.

Jennifer is most excited about experiencing a different culture and being able to share what she learns with her family.

This post is a perfect recreation of how each family is portrayed at the beginning of the 9/7/04 episode of the show. I just wish we could somehow combine the posts that have already been logged for this Trade of Mommies (which, I believe, take into account the promos on each family) because otherwise, we're just picking up in the middle of a thread.

Didn't you post the exact same thing in the Messina thread, realfun? If you would bother to get acquainted with this site, you will see that someone always posts an official bio for the families.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Didn't you post the exact same thing in the Messina thread, realfun? If you would bother to get acquainted with this site, you will see that someone always posts an official bio for the families.
    I was a bit confused by the posts too Texi.. I thought the family bios were where we post our thoughts about that particular family, and the shows were where you talked about what happened on the show that night s

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I was a bit confused by the posts too Texi.. I thought the family bios were where we post our thoughts about that particular family, and the shows were where you talked about what happened on the show that night s

In a perfect world, ladies, in a perfect world!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread