+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Messina Family

The Messina Family

THE MESSINA FAMILY

Switch: Mom goes to stay with the Donaho family

The Messina family describes themselves as the "life of any party."

Arthur owns a very successful company, which has afforded him and Kathy the luxury of time to spend with their children and each other.

Ryan, 11, is most like his father. He is an opinionated and determined all-star athlete. *He practices baseball daily in the batting cages that were built for him on the Messina property. He excels at basketball and loves to golf with the rest of his family.

The eldest child of the Messina family is the least like his father. Drew Messina is a 16-year-old actor and singer. During the summers, Drew works as the Assistant Director of Fine Arts at a local school. He aspires to be on Broadway and loves volunteering for various services within his community.

Kristin Messina is the sparkly-eyed, red-haired 9-year-old sister and daughter. She is athletic and outgoing and is an Irish step-dancer. Step into her all-pink bedroom and you'll realize at once that Kristin is all girly-girl - she loves the mall and has recently discovered manicures!

Kathy is the quintessential "June Cleaver" mom - she cooks, cleans, referees, organizes, schedules, drives, does the laundry, and is the glue that holds this family together. Kathy rarely takes a moment for herself, and instead finds her balance in taking care of those she loves - her family.

A bit redundant

This post is a perfect recreation of how each family is portrayed at the beginning of the 9/7/04 episode of the show. I just wish we could somehow combine the posts that have already been logged for this Trade of Mommies (which, I believe, take into account the promos on each family) because otherwise, we're just picking up in the middle of a thread.

For those interested in in-depth analysis of the 9/7/04 show and both the Donaho and Messina families, please see the SPOILERS 9/7/04 thread...

realfun - if you notice there is always a thread devoted to each person (in this case family) in each show.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Jen was right when she said the Messina Family .. were a "Mess In A Family". This family needs help, and the parents are too stupid to realize it.

Hearing Kathy gloat that the Donahoe family has a very,very sad life made me mad. What's this heifer think she has going on in her life and her home that makes her think she has it so damn good. What will she say when she watches the show and sees Drew tell it like it is. The woman is wearing rose colored glasses in the dark; Dis-funk-tion-all.
    They have money so they can afford to pay for the family therapy that's been so long over due themselves .Invest in it ,the dividend's are terrific.

To bad Kathy had to allot the money for them to do that.Five grand is a drop in the bucket ;Drew would spend most of that up alone.
    Last edited by did_it_again; 09-15-2004 at 10:11 PM.

FORT Regular
    I also have a little hint for their house. It desperately needs updating. It looks like it is stuck in 70s or 80s.

I think the Messina family are all a bunch of big idiots. they think the WHOLE world revolves around them....lol. i just wanted to slap them when they were so mean to the country family, and when the country dad was all "childish" i wanted to slap him too. although i d them, my fav. part was when the 16 year old Drew Messina, when they were sponging the chairs down, said "this is manual labor. i have never done manual labor b4. i dont DO manual labor". I burst out laughing at the stupidness of that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    my fav. part was when the 16 year old Drew Messina, when they were sponging the chairs down, said "this is manual labor. i have never done manual labor b4. i dont DO manual labor". I burst out laughing at the stupidness of that quote.
    That was funny.I've done manual labor and scrubbing down a platic chair is childs play. Who ever he winds up with for his sake should be rich so he can be a stay at home whatever.

+ Reply to Thread