+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    I don't like the NY Dad, or the family for that matter. They seem very shallow. Wait, I don't know about the little kids, but Drew the oldest, he's lashing out because of the realtionship that he has with his Dad.

I think they have a 'non-relationship' because the dad knows in his heart that Drew is GAY GAY GAY........notice 'dad' has a great relationship with the younger 'athletic' son whereas Drew and his 'mommy' are like 2 girlfriends....don't believe for a minute that the dad hasn't picked up on that!! Drew is MORE than just a Drama Queen!!!!!!

FORT Fan
    [I also thought where in the world do they find these people??[/QUOTE]

I think they are all Jerry Springer rejects

Drew,Drew whatcha gonna do,whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
    The men in white jackets are waiting.
    The kid gives Drama a bad name, Dance Fever and Millin Vinilli a new found respect and Hissy Fit a whole new application.

FORT Fanatic
    My sense about Drew is that he's more like a toddler who has never gotten out of the "terrible two's" who throws a temper tantrum whenever he doesn't get his own way. Unusual dynamic in a child who is the oldest.

The rich mom isn't doing her kids any favors by being their 'maid'. A responsible parent teaches kids how to take care of themselves and their homes because hopefully they WILL move out some day and need these skills to live on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup

The rich mom isn't doing her kids any favors by being their 'maid'. A responsible parent teaches kids how to take care of themselves and their homes because hopefully they WILL move out some day and need these skills to live on their own.
    The *rich mom* has very low self esteem and the only way she can feel needed is to be the *everything* mom. It's quite sad actually. I really hope she comes away from this show realizing that she doesn't need to do so much- that yes, the kids can do for themselves. Unfortunately, the Donoho (TX) family really isn't a good example. The kids are alright and helpful, but the dad is awful and demanding like her own husband. It could have been an eye opener for her with a different family. (such as the Biggins)

[QUOTE=Sunnyone]
    Quote Originally Posted by myusername. QUOTE

However, I didn't like the fact that she went against Arthur's wishes and smoked where she wanted to. She is still a guest and it is still his backyard. Arthur went over board though banishing her to *outside of the property*- that was a bit harsh and uncalled for. There was plenty of yard there- he could have shown her a more suitable place to light up.
    I agree with most of your post, but for the above quote. I think Jen was, by then, pretty fed up with the way her "hosts" were treating her and was exhibiting a little passive-agressive behavior. I would have joined her.

Also, don't forget wendiness... it was his way to aggressively prove that he was "the MAN of the house".. "master of his domain".. "king of his castle"... AKA; "jerkoff".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: All this talk about Drew being gay.. we're all assuming that he is. Just cause he is effeminate, doesn't mean he IS into same sex relationships... l'll bet that he's still debating what he wants to do.
    My .02 cents about it..
    His father might be driving him into a decision, simply because of how he treats him so indifferently and how he acts at home.
    It's pretty hard to understand what the kid is going through...all I know, is that I'd do ANYTHING to not be like my dad (if he was like him).
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-09-2004 at 01:38 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Not trying to sound cruel ,but It seems to me a guy like Arthur Messina would have a trophy wife.
    He owns his own business ,rules his roost and has a 4,500 square foot crib in New York.
    I have to give him some credit for not kicking his wife to the curb and going with the 20 something blond with a skinny waist and air on the brain.
    Now, I'm not saying I like the guy,but I give him credit in that department.

As far as for Dufus Donaho all I can say is damn!!!!

You're "giving him credit" cause he's NOT divorcing his wife?
    I thought once you married someone, it was safe to assume that you'd be together forever? Not, immediately leave your wife once she gets heavier and less attractive.
    Is it just me?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Well in this day and age I think the divorce rate in the U.S is around 50 -52 %.
    I would like to say it would be safe to assume that once a person marries they will remain together for life,but unfortunately that's not the case. I think when you throw in a mans financial success and his wife's weight gain, age, and other factors, the men 'upgrade'.
    Yeah, I think it's wrong,but there are so many examples of guys kicking their wives to the curb for younger women.
    Maybe 'ol Arthur isn't that shallow when it comes to that. He still bugs me ,but I have to give him some credit for that.

+ Reply to Thread