+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Reading thru these posts, there seemed to be a lot of people who felt sorry for Ambiguously Gay Drew. That kid is a PUNK! The dad may have been holding back on talking uglier to him, since the camera’s were on, but Drew was extremely rude to the whole family.

Drew had the attitude at the dinner table, not dad or the little brother. Drew will grow up and be one of those people (and we all know at least one) who think the world craps on them and them alone. That everyone is out to get them and make mountains out of molehills. Like his surrogate mom said, he is a Drama Queen.

I HATE to see kids disrespect their parents that way. There is no excuse. And as far has him being gay, who is to say the family isn’t open about it. There was no discussion either way on the subject, not that their appeared to be a need for one either.

And the “rich” daddy is a colossal @#$*HEAD !!
    Nupe. I've got Drew pegged as a kid who'll walk out the door the day after high school graduation and probably never come back (or as little as possible)--meet mom for lunch or call and ask pointedly to speak to her. He doesn't feel included--didn't seem particularly surprised that dad left him (and he is 17--not 8..he should be able to get up and get on the bus with a minimum of fuss). Immature and grating as he is he's probably got good friends and does okay in school and hopefully when he escapes from his BIG JERK dad he won't have to be so LOOKATMELOOKATME all the time.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I think one of the best things that the NY mom could do with allotting the $50K, is to get the chauvinistic pig (his words, not mine) enrolled in a trade school.
    Pay for however long it would take for him to LEARN A TRADE (ie; mechanic), and more specifically...a school where they'll work to placing you in a job upon graduation.

He's a total bum. This would MAKE him do something for the family, no more excuses and no more "borrowing" money from the kids. Dipshit.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    I'm disgusted by the entire lot - even grandma Betty for enabling Rodney.

NY Mom - you are a slave, pure and simple.

Drew - you need immediate psychological help to deal with your immaturity and hostility. Being a misunderstood gay kid is no excuse.

NY Dad - this is not Nazi Germany. And by the way, Jen is a guest in your home, not a replacement slave.

Jen - Rodney is not your little boy, and treating him as such may make you feel like you have power, but I sure can't respect you.

Rodney - being 35 years old and acting like you're two is not funny.

I see Drew's problem, and understand why he's acting out. His Dad's macho macho, into sports, and Drew isn't. His Dad resents him because he's gay, he shuns him, and doesn't like it. On the other hand, he's very close to the other son because he's into sports, and isn't gay. Drew's closer to his Mother because she understands it. The Dad has a serious problem. He needs to accept his son for what he is. That's why if you notice, Drew said constantly (sp) that he doesn't feel part of the family. I wonder what's going on when the camera's are turned off.
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

FORT Newbie
    "And can you imagine what school is like for them while these shows are playing out on tv?"

I go to the same school as Drew does and unfortunately for him last night's episode aired on our first day of school. Luckily for him though, the majority of students in our school is a lot more mature than he is and doesn't tease or bully him, at least to his face. But there has been quite some talk behind his back and whatnot. It seems though that he def got his family to be on the show so that he can get some exposure to get his break in broadway or acting...bad move.

My comments on the show: I think Drew is hilarious for being so overdramatic and its very obvious that some if not most scenes have been staged. One of my favorite scenes was when he danced in his seat at Atlantis Marine World and they multiplied that clip to 2 to 9. I added an extra kick and made the whole scene a lot funnier. Drew's dad is such a jacka** and his wife deserves better. the redneck dad needs to get a real education so he could be useful for at least bringing the propane and become more mature to not put flies in cathy's soup. the other texan mom needs to not be lazy but i'd understand if she was bossed around to practically be arthur's slave.

FORT Newbie
    Both dads are rednecks jerks and no it doesn't matter that one azz lives in NJ. Why was he bragging about his house? Yes, it may be over 4,000 sq. ft. but before he started bragging about it I thought the other house looked very similar to his house.

NJ dad has trouble dealing with the fact he has a gay son and wants nothing to do with him and he carries around an invisible bat to beat his wifes head and drag her around by her hair.

TX dad can be replaced by the other mom (part of $50k should go to buying a bulldozer and burying him in a TX field) by taking a trip to an adult toy store and heating pad to replace the warm body.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    That's funny...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky
    Drew and his dad need some serious counselling.
    No kidding! It's like there some big, dark secret that Drew is gay (duh, it's so obvious) and the dad senses this (because Drew hasn't told his dad and may not even be willing to acknowledge it himself) and isn't comfortable with his son being gay (like he has a a choice). If I had to live in that family being gay, I'd have some pretty serious problems too.

Perhaps the family could use the $50,000 on therapy sessions to get them through their son's coming out?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilidali
    I noticed a pattern emerging with the mothers.....after a day, they "suddenly" seem to say these exact words to their surrogate families, "We're gonna try things MY way!"

Me thinks producers make 'em say it. Anyone else feel the same?
    yes, they do in fact do this and they don't make it a secret...read the front of this forum board.

[QUOTE=myusername. It seems though that he def got his family to be on the show so that he can get some exposure to get his break in broadway or acting...bad move.
    QUOTE]

I thought that had to be part of it- Drew was sure playing up to the camera. One thing I wondered about: is Drew Arthur's son? I kind of got the feeling maybe Drew is Kathy's son and Arthur is his stepdad? Maybe that is why such a rift?
    Anyway- actually hated all of them last night. I was really rooting for Jen because she seemed like she had her head on straight- her kids are well behaved and get along, plus she can really read people well. She had Drew pegged from day one. However, I didn't like the fact that she went against Arthur's wishes and smoked where she wanted to. She is still a guest and it is still his backyard. Arthur went over board though banishing her to *outside of the property*- that was a bit harsh and uncalled for. There was plenty of yard there- he could have shown her a more suitable place to light up.
    Kathy bugged me with her *I'm a slave in my own home* attitude. Get a grip lady- and teach your children how to make their beds.
    Arthur- was an ass- with a list of things to do. And forgetting Drew? Who on earth could forget him??? But, he is old enough to get himself up and ready for school.
    Redneck Rodney? Grow up dude and get a job. He is an idiot and putting that fly in Kathy's soup was just plain wrong. She should kick his butt for that.
    I also thought where in the world do they find these people??

+ Reply to Thread