+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 110

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #61
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    17
    seeing drew do his bi-polar "dance" at the aquarium made me feel sorry for the family. i can only imagine how much embarassment they go through. not that gay people are embarassing or anything. its just probably hard for arthur and the family to accept the fact that drew is gay. as for rodney, the guy is a jackass. taking money from your son's bank account is just wrong. no matter how you put it. get a job and support your family. the bug thing wasnt funny and childish. the 2 moms aren't angels either. smoking and leaving cig ashes in a pool and being lazy is just wrong. afterall, it aint HER house. the other mom was nice but needed to stop thinking she is above others. she sends off the arrogant vibe.

  2. #62
    Who? Bof_Cof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    240
    Sorry I didn't get to post during the show...

    I'm going to do my Jay McGraw impersination here and say that:

    Drew needs to come out of the closet. If he's not gay, then he sure needs counseling. That whole "look at me.. look at me" thing wears thin very fast. Oh, and that part at the end when he told his dad to leave the dinner table. Oh man. If that was one of my sons, he would be on his way to bootcamp.

    NY dad: Don't ya just love bullies. hint: She is your wife, not your maid. "A man's home is his castle"... yeah in the frickin 1500's. He's the kind of guy that gives all men a bad name.

    Redneck dad: My wife thinks he has A.D.D. I think he is an I.D.I.O.T. The fly stun... what are you kidding me ... are we 8 years old and in camp? You are so pathetic you have to steal.. I mean borrow.. money from your own kid. Here a though GET A JOB YOU LAZY <BEEEP> (ok, I feel better now)

    Redneck mom: While I did feel sorry for her, her sitting in the pool and flicking ashes into it was totaly rude.

    NY mom: I like her.

    Looking foward to a lot of dumass-slapping next week

  3. #63
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    Redneck dad: My wife thinks he has A.D.D. I think he is an I.D.I.O.T. The fly stun... what are you kidding me ... are we 8 years old and in camp? You are so pathetic you have to steal.. I mean borrow.. money from your own kid. Here a though GET A JOB YOU LAZY <BEEEP> (ok, I feel better now)

    Looking foward to a lot of dumass-slapping next week
    Well, it's very obvious to me that tptb are specifically looking for wacked-out families. I've only seen 2 episodes of this show now, but it's apparent there is a certain amount of dysfunction needed in both families in order to make this interesting (only word I could think of to describe this ). If the 2 families were normal, respectful and cooperative, it would most likely be a very dull show. It's only the craziness that both families seem to feed off of that seems to grab the producer's attention. That being said, I think it's a safe bet that if you've been selected for this show, you need to immediately take that as a warning that you will not be chosen as Family of the Year.

    How in the world does a father not realize until he's driving in his car, that he 'forgot' his son. I find that completely unbelievable, so unbelievable that I don't buy it. Looked completely staged to me, like it was intentional. Nice message to send your kids. No wonder Drew is a drama queen -- it's the only way to grab his father's attention.

    The fly in the soup, and 'borrowing' from your child's account, then pointing it out to him via the statement and laughing at it.......these people are cruel to each other and seriously damaged people.

    Lots of fun to watch and gawk at, but these poor children. And can you imagine what school is like for them while these shows are playing out on tv? They are probably getting teased right now even as I'm typing this. These families are in need of some serious therapy, and these 'adults' should be ashamed of themselves. Ok, I'm done.

    Btw, I LOVED the 'Mess-in-a-family' comment, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey wendiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    Sorry I didn't get to post during the show...

    I'm going to do my Jay McGraw impersination here and say that:

    Drew needs to come out of the closet. If he's not gay, then he sure needs counseling. That whole "look at me.. look at me" thing wears thin very fast. Oh, and that part at the end when he told his dad to leave the dinner table. Oh man. If that was one of my sons, he would be on his way to bootcamp.

    NY dad: Don't ya just love bullies. hint: She is your wife, not your maid. "A man's home is his castle"... yeah in the frickin 1500's. He's the kind of guy that gives all men a bad name.

    Redneck dad: My wife thinks he has A.D.D. I think he is an I.D.I.O.T. The fly stun... what are you kidding me ... are we 8 years old and in camp? You are so pathetic you have to steal.. I mean borrow.. money from your own kid. Here a though GET A JOB YOU LAZY <BEEEP> (ok, I feel better now)

    Redneck mom: While I did feel sorry for her, her sitting in the pool and flicking ashes into it was totaly rude.

    NY mom: I like her.

    Looking foward to a lot of dumass-slapping next week
    Good post. But I don't think Jen was really flicking ashes in the pool I think Arthur was dramatizing a bit there. Perhaps if he had been a good host and provided her with an ashtray she wouldn't have flicked them on the pool deck????? As I said in an earlier posting, if one of his sports heroes showed up and wanted to smoke, I'll bet Arthur say, "C'mon out here on the back deck. Make yourself comfortable. I'll get an ashtray for ya!"

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey wendiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Well, it's very obvious to me that tptb are specifically looking for wacked-out families. I've only seen 2 episodes of this show now, but it's apparent there is a certain amount of dysfunction needed in both families in order to make this interesting (only word I could think of to describe this ). If the 2 families were normal, respectful and cooperative, it would most likely be a very dull show. It's only the craziness that both families seem to feed off of that seems to grab the producer's attention. That being said, I think it's a safe bet that if you've been selected for this show, you need to immediately take that as a warning that you will not be chosen as Family of the Year.

    How in the world does a father not realize until he's driving in his car, that he 'forgot' his son. I find that completely unbelievable, so unbelievable that I don't buy it. Looked completely staged to me, like it was intentional. Nice message to send your kids. No wonder Drew is a drama queen -- it's the only way to grab his father's attention.

    The fly in the soup, and 'borrowing' from your child's account, then pointing it out to him via the statement and laughing at it.......these people are cruel to each other and seriously damaged people.

    Lots of fun to watch and gawk at, but these poor children. And can you imagine what school is like for them while these shows are playing out on tv? They are probably getting teased right now even as I'm typing this. These families are in need of some serious therapy, and these 'adults' should be ashamed of themselves. Ok, I'm done.

    Btw, I LOVED the 'Mess-in-a-family' comment, too.
    Yes, that was just cruel laughing at the kid when he discovered his dad had stolen from him. I hadn't thought about the repercussions the kids are suffering at school right now. Sheesh! Is it worth it????

  6. #66
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271
    It certainly would not be worth it to me -- I find it amazing what people are willing to air on tv just to be seen on tv. What a strange world we live in. I don't mean to take this too seriously, though, I do understand it is supposed to be viewed as entertainment.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  7. #67
    New to the FORT terri0P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    29
    Maybe the moms will allot the money to the innocents in all of this. It would be a great idea to put the money into SECURE bank accounts for the kids (and mom-in-law, too) to show the parents a thing or two. Entrusting any of the dysfunctional adults with that kind of money is probably not the best idea.
    Terri

  8. #68
    . karen14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas. Where else?
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,524
    Reading thru these posts, there seemed to be a lot of people who felt sorry for Ambiguously Gay Drew. That kid is a PUNK! The dad may have been holding back on talking uglier to him, since the camera’s were on, but Drew was extremely rude to the whole family.

    Drew had the attitude at the dinner table, not dad or the little brother. Drew will grow up and be one of those people (and we all know at least one) who think the world craps on them and them alone. That everyone is out to get them and make mountains out of molehills. Like his surrogate mom said, he is a Drama Queen.

    I HATE to see kids disrespect their parents that way. There is no excuse. And as far has him being gay, who is to say the family isn’t open about it. There was no discussion either way on the subject, not that their appeared to be a need for one either.

    And the “rich” daddy is a colossal @#$*HEAD !!

  9. #69
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271
    Quote Originally Posted by terri0P
    Maybe the moms will allot the money to the innocents in all of this. It would be a great idea to put the money into SECURE bank accounts for the kids (and mom-in-law, too) to show the parents a thing or two. Entrusting any of the dysfunctional adults with that kind of money is probably not the best idea.
    terriOP - I think you just posted the best suggestion I have EVER read in any thread. Kudos to you! I think it's a marvelous idea, and hope to see it come to fruition. A secured trust for ALL the kids, and the kids only, would make me extremely happy.


    Oh, and Karen......you're right. I abolutely agree with your opinions of Drew. He is totally out of control, and has been given (like so many of the kids on these shows) way too much power in that household. I'm just saying, I think it goes both ways.....some of these kids are obnoxious, so the parents ignore them, so the kids get more obnoxious, so the parents ignore them. It's a viscious cycle that feeds on itself. It's hard to know where it all began, but I believe it begins when parents are lazy, and let their little ones get away with murder way back when they're toddlers. Parenting is hard work, and you cannot sit back and be a spectator about it. If you're not up to the challenge of being an active partcipant in the sport of parenting, then you shouldn't sign up for the game. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, in my household, all of us treat each other with respect and dignity. There are going to be arguments within a family, but there is a right and wrong way to do it. Ok, I'm done, again.!
    Last edited by roseskid; 09-08-2004 at 02:37 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  10. #70
    Artificial Flave Xantham Gum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    364
    I've never seen a stupid, lazy person be so proud of their lack of ambition or accomplishment (and by accomplishment I mean providing any means of support at all for your family so they don't have to sponge off others to live) as I have now with the Texas Donoho dad. "My family may be starving to death under a bridge but at least we are happy." Well, no, no you are not. Starving to death tends to bring about a lot of things but happiness is not one of them. Not that I like the NY Messina dad any either. Plus neither mom is very likeable yet. This may be one story that the producers could not even edit to provide a clear good/bad storyline and had to just show them all as bad. At least it is good to see that rich or poor, city or country, north or south, east or west, everyone can always be counted on to be fat and out of shape.

    I hope this is not a spoiler, but since the thread warned you... Drew is as GAY as old Paris! He couldn't be a more flaming queen unless he put on a red feather boa and fishnets and started dancing to 70s disco songs. I am sure he knows it and to his father's great dismay, he knows it too. Did you see him barely restrain himself from slamming that ball into Drew in the Kitchen? What goes on in these families when they AREN"T trying to behave for the cameras?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.