+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Putting a fly in her soup? Im thoroughly disgusted, yet intrigued because someone is married to that man. And the way i see it theyre both alike. She didn't really care to wake up drew while saying some bs about it not being her problem though it was because she was there to play mom. Oy!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Yup.

I do.

To throw my two cents in and echo virtually everybody else that's posted thus far:

Rodney and Arthur need to be taken out back and whipped like dogs.

Arthur, in particular.

I'll give Jen credit. I probably would've blown the 50K the day Arthur started snapping at me: "Do this, do that . . . " and gave me a LIST to boot.

They might've had to call the cops.

I mean, everybody knows this ain't no vacation, but behaving as though someone that enters your house is supposed to come in and immediately start plowing the back forty . . . well, that dog don't hunt, either.

Rodney spicing up Cathy's (sp?, anybody?) soup with insects? This man needs a shrink, quick, fast and in a hurry. That was just nasty, and I agree with her, childish.

After tonight's ep, I can truly see why this one is billed as "The Most Explosive Trading Spouses Ever!"
    I totally agree. If a guy EVER talked to me that way, he would have to contend with me. I lost respect for Jen when she didn't stand up against that jerk of a father. I'm sorry, but you don't treat your guest like a maid. I almost feel sorry for Kathy...but she's accustomed to it.

Having said that...Rodney?? Reminds me a LOT of a fatter version of my brother in law. He's the same way- stupid, redneckish, ignorant, sexist piece of sh*t. I'm sorry to sound rude, but that's the way he is. I HATE it when men use the term "woman". It's just downright degrading. I was raised to not take any crap from men, so this episode skeeved me out BIGTIME!

Both of the women are stupid though, for staying in marriages like this.

Children?? Jen's seem normal, nice...Kathy's?? Drew is a drama queen but there is obviously a strain between his father and himself. I bet that has to do with the fact that Drew is not into sports...but theater. How many want to bet on that one?

This one has to be the worst train wreck, worse than TamME!, worse than Mrs. Bowers, and worse than Mrs Cooke and Mrs Levine.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=EVOO]I totally agree. If a guy EVER talked to me that way, he would have to contend with me. I lost respect for Jen when she didn't stand up against that jerk of a father. I'm sorry, but you don't treat your guest like a maid. I almost feel sorry for Kathy...but she's accustomed to it.

I'm really wondering how they are recruiting families for this? My family personally functions quite nicely but who knows? Maybe we're a complete freak show if you remove one of the parts? It's also starting to dawn on me that the more 'affluent' family in each show is probably up to their eyeballs in debt and can't see past the $$ to say "hmmm maybe I shouldn't out my hubby as the biggest jerk in 3 counties".

Wow, what a show. Both Arthur and Rodney are nightmares in separate, special ways, and they've both got a rude awakening when they find out that Jen and Kathy hold the purse strings.

Kathy hit the nail on the head when she said Rodney's problem is that he's an idiot. Not only is he an idiot, but he's surrounded by adults who enable his idiocy. Putting the fly in Kathy's soup was more than just stupid, though, it was cruel -- and a passive agressive way of lashing out at her.

As for the Messinas -- hoo boy. I disagree that they're representative of upper-middle class New York. They simply aren't sophisticated enough. And that
    micro-McMansion of theirs... Ick. Arthur's little drill sargeant routine is pathetic. And Drew's not-so-subtle attempt to banish Jen to an area circumscribed by the kitchen and laundry room was disgusting. In terms of how they view the role of women, Drew and Arthur aren't so far apart. Drew strikes me as exceptionally immature for a seventeen year old. Jen all but came out and said the kid's gay, which is why he has such problems with Arthur. Actually, she did kind of say it when she, aptly, referred to him as "Drew, the Drama Queen." I feel for Drew, because it appears he doesn't get any positive attention from his father. On the other hand, Arthur's a total wus when it comes to confronting Drew's inappropriate behavior. In fact, for all his bragging about how he's the king of his crummy "castle", he's even a wus about telling Jen to smoke somewhere else -- making Drew deliver the message instead of doing it himself.

Of the two families, the Messina's do seem more messed up. At least the Donahos appear to actually like each other. The Messina's seem driven by fear and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    She has a lot of nerve calling him a idiot. Her husband's a jerk, plain and simple.
    Maybe she thinks their BOTH idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    Same thing I'm thinking, and it was disrepectful for Tx Mom to throw ashes in the pool, although I didn't see any ashes.
    I didn't seem 'em either. I think it was just Arthur being an a$$ by saying so. On the other hand, the way Arthur acts, maybe the mom was being passive-aggressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    She didn't really care to wake up drew while saying some bs about it not being her problem though it was because she was there to play mom. Oy!
    Maybe she was trying to make the point that a 17-year-old shouldn't need a mommy to wake him up and make sure he gets off to school. Could be her kids are more self-sufficient.

[QUOTE=Leeloo]
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    I totally agree. If a guy EVER talked to me that way, he would have to contend with me. I lost respect for Jen when she didn't stand up against that jerk of a father. I'm sorry, but you don't treat your guest like a maid. I almost feel sorry for Kathy...but she's accustomed to it.".
    Or you could look at it this way: Even though Arthur treated his guest like a maid, Jen had the courtesy to behave like a guest (not confront him).

Quote Originally Posted by realfun
    Wow, what a show. Both Arthur and Rodney are nightmares in separate, special ways, and they've both got a rude awakening when they find out that Jen and Kathy hold the purse strings.

Kathy hit the nail on the head when she said Rodney's problem is that he's an idiot. Not only is he an idiot, but he's surrounded by adults who enable his idiocy. Putting the fly in Kathy's soup was more than just stupid, though, it was cruel -- and a passive agressive way of lashing out at her.

As for the Messinas -- hoo boy. I disagree that they're representative of upper-middle class New York. They simply aren't sophisticated enough. And that
    micro-McMansion of theirs... Ick. Arthur's little drill sargeant routine is pathetic. And Drew's not-so-subtle attempt to banish Jen to an area circumscribed by the kitchen and laundry room was disgusting. In terms of how they view the role of women, Drew and Arthur aren't so far apart. Drew strikes me as exceptionally immature for a seventeen year old. Jen all but came out and said the kid's gay, which is why he has such problems with Arthur. Actually, she did kind of say it when she, aptly, referred to him as "Drew, the Drama Queen." I feel for Drew, because it appears he doesn't get any positive attention from his father. On the other hand, Arthur's a total wus when it comes to confronting Drew's inappropriate behavior. In fact, for all his bragging about how he's the king of his crummy "castle", he's even a wus about telling Jen to smoke somewhere else -- making Drew deliver the message instead of doing it himself.

Of the two families, the Messina's do seem more messed up. At least the Donahos appear to actually like each other. The Messina's seem driven by fear and anger.
    Absolutely agree. Arthur's all talk. Sending his kids out to tell Jen to smoke outside of the property. Wimp. By the way, I'll bet if his favorite sports star came to visit and wanted to smoke (I know, I know, they don't but stay with me here) he wouldn't send them off the property. He clearly was out to GET Jen. Why was he so hostile from the first moment she arrived? He has serious issues. And he needs to find a way to connect with Drew. I think he senses Drew is possibly gay and it drives him crazy. The sooner he learns to accept his son the better. Is it possible nobody in the family has addressed Drew's possible sexual orientation? And that this big secret is not only the core of Drew's problem with his dad, but his taking his anger out on little brother?

Edited to add: Loved what Jen said: "The Messina Family - Mess in a Family.

Quote Originally Posted by realfun
    . . . Arthur's . . . a wus about telling Jen to smoke somewhere else -- making Drew deliver the message instead of doing it himself.
    Oh HELL, yeah!

When he sent Drew to do his dirty work for him, I couldn't help but laugh my butt off.

I was thinking that if he was supposed to be such a badass, why didn't he have the stones to go tell Jen himself?

All mouth, but nothin' backs it up.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread