+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I just don't agree with giving men praise for actually doing what the vows were intended to do.
    As if they need "reassurance" or kudos cause they're being a good boy. Maybe that's why the divorce rate is so high, because unless someone is telling him he's doing good...he's gonna leave her to "upgrade".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    You're "giving him credit" cause he's NOT divorcing his wife?
    I thought once you married someone, it was safe to assume that you'd be together forever? Not, immediately leave your wife once she gets heavier and less attractive.
    Is it just me?
    That's not love.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

any way the wind blows redmermaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Not trying to sound cruel ,but It seems to me a guy like Arthur Messina would have a trophy wife.
    He owns his own business ,rules his roost and has a 4,500 square foot crib in New York.
    I have to give him some credit for not kicking his wife to the curb and going with the 20 something blond with a skinny waist and air on the brain.
    Now, I'm not saying I like the guy,but I give him credit in that department.

As far as for Dufus Donaho all I can say is damn!!!!

Bottom line: no trophy wife with air on the brain would be an unpaid servant like his wife is. He doesn't know how to treat people in general, he'd be lost as to how to handle a high maintenance woman.

I'm not giving the guy any praise,it's more of an observation on my part then anything else.
    I get the feeling that when Ms. Messina returns home she'll make it known that some things are going to have to change; like the kids making their own beds for one.

Geesh, Arthur's a pompous ass, yeah, but maybe he loves his wife as she is?? Just a thought. Not everyone likes stick figures.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Geesh, Arthur's a pompous ass, yeah, but maybe he loves his wife as she is?? Just a thought. Not everyone likes stick figures.
    Absolutely! It would be terrible if every husband dropped his wife because of a few extra pounds. I think Kathy is very pretty and has a pretty nice personality- that should be enough. Besides, Arthur isn't all that either.Even though we are seeing her as the servant in the home, we have to realize that there is so much on the cutting room floor they don't show us. Arthur may be a very loving and affectionate husband. Kathy seems really happy with her family and that says quite a bit about how her family life is.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Not trying to sound cruel ,but It seems to me a guy like Arthur Messina would have a trophy wife.
    He owns his own business ,rules his roost and has a 4,500 square foot crib in New York.
    I have to give him some credit for not kicking his wife to the curb and going with the 20 something blond with a skinny waist and air on the brain.
    Now, I'm not saying I like the guy,but I give him credit in that department.

As far as for Dufus Donaho all I can say is damn!!!!

Oh PULEESE.......so he has big house and is self-employed.....big deal - it's not like he's such a HUNK himself...... he wouldn't WANT a TROPHY WIFE because she wouldn't wait on him hand and foot......he's not keeping his less than skinny, move than 20-something wife around out of the goodness of his heart......he's keeping her around because a NORMAL woman would tell him to take a long walk off a short pier the minute he produced his 'list of daily chores'......... he deserves NO CREDIT whatsoever as far as I'm concerned!

She's a housewife. That is her job ,to take care of the household.
    If she does not like the job she can go out and get a regular 9 to 5. I do not feel sorry for her plight. In fact there is no plight because she is ultimately responsible for how she is treated.

The man works and runs a business and he needs things done at home. I see no problem with him issuing out a list. I never saw an instance in which he was disrespectful to his wife. Whatever he may have said when he was alone to a camera I see as nothing more than a performance as most of those scenarios are.
    All in all it's his house ,his family,his rules.

Quote Originally Posted by j2dap
    She's a housewife. That is her job ,to take care of the household.
    If she does not like the job she can go out and get a regular 9 to 5. I do not feel sorry for her plight. In fact there is no plight because she is ultimately responsible for how she is treated.

The man works and runs a business and he needs things done at home. I see no problem with him issuing out a list. I never saw an instance in which he was disrespectful to his wife. Whatever he may have said when he was alone to a camera I see as nothing more than a performance as most of those scenarios are.
    All in all it's his house ,his family,his rules.
    Jennifer is a guest in his home. Handing out a list of chores for a guest to do on her first day in his home? That is not right.

She's filling in as a surrogate mother. There is 50,000 dollars in it for both mothers to perform the other womans role as mother so she's really not just a guest. She's being paid to fill in as the mother;in effect she's hired help, just as all the other mothers and fathers who trade places.

The list is not meant to degrade her ,but to let her know what it is she is to do while the real mother is away. The sole purpose of the show is for these women to experience how life is in another household. For better or worse that's what they signed up for and they are being rewarded handsomely for it.

Jenifer is disrespectful and lazy. She does not respect the non smoking rule, she flicks ashes in the pool and sleeps in late.
    Why sign up for a show if you are going to be so disrespectful. The families needs are still the same whether the real mother is there or not.
    This is only for one week so I don't feel her rebelliousness is justified. From the looks of the show it appears she was in the house two maybe three days. Hardly time enough to act the way she has.

The surrogate mothers/ fathers need to step up to the plate and do what's required to help out . Jenifer acts as though she is on vacation rather then some one who should be filling in to help run the family and the household.

Jenifer lacks discipline and a lack of discipline often is reflected in disrespect toward others. Her counter part, Kathy, on the other hand is disciplined and has not shown disrespect to the other household up to this point.
    Last edited by j2dap; 09-11-2004 at 12:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread