+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I actually enjoyed tonight's trainwreck. My heart goes out to Jay, the Cooke father. His wife's smart ass comment about him leaving and being gone irritated me, and wtf was up with her just standing (or sittting) around doing nothing while her eldest beat the crap out of her youngest (wussy) child? That youngest child whined so much it was irritating- but the eldest?? You can tell these kids are NOT disciplined, and I loved how they showed Jay talking about how Brandi was the disciplinarian...HOW?? All she did was sit around! She looked a bit depressed or out of it to me, but what Justin (the Levine Dad) said about following through with your children is SO true. I'm a mother of a 4 yo girl and following through is the only way you can discipline your child. If you make a threat, or take something away- STICK with it. Sheesh.

Beverly (Levine mother)?? My god, what a high-strung, high-maintanence woman. I felt so sorry for Pierce while she screamed at him to do this and that for his Bat Mitzvah. I see therapy for Molly & Pierce in the future. They are both pretty good kids, well-mannered and really tried to help Jay out. I enjoyed that.

All in all I really liked the fathers on this show- the mothers were another story though. Kids?? I liked the Levine kids, the Cooke kids were heathens.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Justin deserves an additional $20,000 hazard pay for having to put up with that blonde kid. Jay is a sweet man and I really felt sorry for him when he arrived home and Brandi didn't budge or even speak to him. The Levine's seem a pretty loving and together family - wonder why Jay felt THEY needed something to bring the family together? I think Jay's decision regarding the money had to do with his perception that they already had everything (in his eyes anyway) and he was probably trying to figure out something worldly and sophisticated (trainers and gourmet cooking lessons - yeah, that's the ticket!) and he probably figured money to finish off the beach house was appropriate since Beverly had such melt-down over it. The Levine kids were outstanding and their parents should be proud of them.

That blonde kid really needs some help. Seriously. I'm wondering if he has some emotional problems or is undiagnosed ADHD or something. He's an evil little bugger and he makes life hell for his little brother. If Brandi and Jay don't seek out some behavioral expertise, I shudder to think what blondie'll be like when he's 15. And little brother is sure to have some real issues with blondie when they grow up. As parents, they need to be encouraging the boys to get along but that's probably way to much to ask since they can't seem to control ANY of the bad behavior. Brandi seems to have thrown in the towel, using excuses such as regular discipline doesn't work and the kids are too aware of the rules of the game (they'll call CPS or something). Total cop-out.

I found tonight's episodes especially entertaining. The fathers did a remarkable job of maintaining composure despite being in obvious uncomfortable positions.

I do think Mrs. Cooke should have more guts to discipline her children. It's a wonder Mr. Levine didn't go nuts. But then, he's gotta be patient to put up with his overly controlling wife. Sheesh.

The Levine kids were dears and loving. The loose tooth scene touched me. I hope Jay keeps in touch with Levine son. They really hit it off.

This show has me hooked, needless to say. I look forward to each new episode.

FORT Newbie
    My heart went out to Jay. What a sweet guy. I can't stand his wife. She couldn't even get off her butt to say goodbye just like she couldn't get off of it to welcome him back. She should be grateful for a husband like him, who else would want such a brat? Jay kept saying how he loved being "a family," but his family didn't seem to appreciate him one bit. Jay seemed to get much more out of the experience. He really connected with the Levine kids. The show would of been fine with the Levine family and Jay. Their family should adopt Jay. Big missy and the two brats didn't even see Justin off ,what a waste of time for him.
    I felt that she was intentionally trying to be a jerk to show her "pull" over him. Again, my heart goes out to that man.
    Last edited by okfineiwatch; 09-01-2004 at 03:14 AM.

How much does a Bat Mitzvah cost anyway? Not nearly $50K I am guessing.

Kao
    Depends on where you have it. the Temple charges for that sort of thing, and depending on where you worship, it can get expensive. Plus a sit-down dinner for 180 people, plus renting the country club where you host the dinner, etc....plus the fact that they are in NY...I can see it adding up. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20 thou, maybe more depending on how extravagant they wanted it. And knowing Ms "Wanna hold mah 400 dollar designer shoes" Levine, they would probably be spending a pretty penny. Plus, he's the oldest and only boy in the family too.

Hi there,

I Tivo'd the episode and it did not record the end - Could someone please list what each dad decided to do with the money. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Mr. L gave the Cookes: 2.7k for the kids for school, 6.3k to payoff debt, 20k to remodel the 'house', 20k to add a new bedroom and bathroom

Mr. Cooke gave: 10k for a personality training (its some kind of family counseling), 10k for cooking lessons for the parents, 30k for the beachhouse. Not a penny for the Bah Mitzvah.

Jay could see the family needs help (Esp the mom)
    He thought they ate out to much
    They way Mrs L went Psycho over the 3.3 million dollar beachouse because the painter wasn't done, I guess he figured she could hire a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    Mr. L gave the Cookes: 2.7k for the kids for school, 6.3k to payoff debt, 20k to remodel the 'house', 20k to add a new bedroom and bathroom

Mr. Cooke gave: 10k for a personality training (its some kind of family counseling), 10k for cooking lessons for the parents, 30k for the beachhouse. Not a penny for the Bah Mitzvah.

Jay could see the family needs help (Esp the mom)
    He thought they ate out to much
    They way Mrs L went Psycho over the 3.3 million dollar beachouse because the painter wasn't done, I guess he figured she could hire a new one
    Actually, I thought it was 10K for a personal trainer. Am I mistaken? It found that an odd choice since Jay hadn't met Justin, and he is the only family member who might benefit from a workout. I don't think it would be "personality training" as I think Jay liked the Levine's and, Lord knows, his own family have more personality issues than they do. In fact, I think Jay found it a real vacation to be around two kids who were well-behaved.

I don't think Mrs. Levine is as bad as everybody's making her out to e. In fact, I thought she was pretty good. (For one thing, look at those two kids - very nice and sweet.) I would be upset, too, if I'd contracted with a painter and he was sooooo late getting it done.

I wouldn't worry too much about the bar mitzvah money. After all, they have an expensive beach house. (By the way, isn't it bar mitzvah for boys and bat mitzvah for girls? Thought I heard they explain to Jay that the boy was having a BAT mitzvah. Huh?)

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    I wouldn't worry too much about the bar mitzvah money. After all, they have an expensive beach house. (By the way, isn't it bar mitzvah for boys and bat mitzvah for girls? Thought I heard they explain to Jay that the boy was having a BAT mitzvah. Huh?)

You're right. Bar is for boys, Bat for girls. It was Jay who mispronounced it and said "bat" after the Levines explained it to them.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast