+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cooke Family

Jay is a good man, and I do wish his family would treat him better. Hell, if he moved to my place Id appreciate him more than that cow of his does....

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again

Jay's wife is about as lively as a tree stump. I see her face and it's like a blank chalkboard or a blank wall in need of graffiti, there's simply nothing going on there. I saw Jay leave home ...nothing from the family. I saw Jay return home...nothing from the family. I feel if Jay were to disappear his wife would simply shrug her shoulders and say "Oh well, guess I gotta go get me another husband" I think the chickens were more excited to see Jay return home then his family and the Levine kids were much more sorry to see him go then his own kids.
    ya that totally bothered me..how could she not even get up off the couch ..just look at how the Levine family ran towards the door when their daddy came home...Brandi just made me so angry..how did he end up with a meanie like her! he deserves better..he's so soft hearted..i wish him the best in this life!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    It looked like the oldest Cooke brat had a tatoo on his back. WTF?

Of course, that could just be a scar from his failed exorcism....

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    These kids need to go to boot camp...... the Marines...the Army...the Air Force and the Navy......one right after the other.

Jay's wife is about as lively as a tree stump.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

This is the first time I've seen this show, and I'm glad to join the Jay love here. What a darling. Perhaps a bit of a hick, but man oh man, did you ever in your life see anyone with such a plain old good heart? No deception, just openness and an eager desire to please. I adore a sophisticated man, but I just fell in love with Jay for his simple purity. His wife doesn't know what a gem she has, and she should be ashamed for the way she acts. Not even getting up off the couch to welcome her husband back after a week away - for shame, for shame!

Justin wasn't so bad either. He can't have such great kids just by accident; he and his wife have to be doing something right. He can't be a terrible dad if his kids ran like hell to greet him and scream and hug him when he came home. I'll sit on his big old Santa lap any day if he'll let me babysit his adorable children!

All I have to say is Jay Cooke deserves to have a new crib. I want to see him get hooked up on 'Renovate my Family'. Not to sure they can do a whole lot with his wife and kids....but then again the movie 'Stepford Wives' comes to mind and maybe the should be sequal 'Stepford Kids.'

FORT Newbie
    I'd love to see them end up Renovate my Family, as well.

Hudson has serious behavioral issues, and needs help. Brandi and Jay need help in learning how to deal with Hudson. Then they need to get started on some marital counseling. The home remodeling would be a nice treat, too.

In Brandi, I see a woman who is need of some help, and it's too bad that Justin didn't allocate some money for that. I realize that she came off as quite unlikeable, but it wasn't hard to see why. I can't diagnose Hudson, but it is clear that he is more difficult than an average child, and the Cookes obviously lack the financial resources to get the help they need. If they were in a less rural area, there would probably be a number of state programs they could appeal to. As with all stay-at-home Mom's on a budget, Brandi is in need of some time to herself, but lacks the financial resources for this as well. I would imagine that her perception of that week was that Jay got to go on a trip (obviously an umfathomable luxury for them) and stay with a wealthy family in splendor that Brandi could only imagine. Meanwhile, they moved bunk beds into an already cramped living room in a home that Brandi was ashamed of so that Brandi could single-handedly entertain the two difficult children & a stranger to whom she felt financially & socially inferior, all under the watchful eyes of dozens of cameras, and all of America.

Again, I am not excusing the way she acted or the way that she treated Jay, merely trying to understand it. Some counseling is certainly in order here.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Very true elvisvegas, I'm agreeing with you. To an extent though. Even if she IS mad, she needs to let it go at SOME point. Jay AND his wife both had to sign the papers to be on the show, so it wasn't a "shock" that he was the one going.

Anyway.. I'm almost sure that the families have no idea where they're going.. as in, a rich house, mediocre house, poor house, etc.. Maybe they know what city, but not what home. (don't quote me on that)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Anyway.. I'm almost sure that the families have no idea where they're going.. as in, a rich house, mediocre house, poor house, etc.. Maybe they know what city, but not what home. (don't quote me on that)

I think it was pretty safe to assume that there was nowhere to go but up.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisvegas
    Hudson has serious behavioral issues, and needs help. Brandi and Jay need help in learning how to deal with Hudson. Then they need to get started on some marital counseling. The home remodeling would be a nice treat, too.

In Brandi, I see a woman who is need of some help, and it's too bad that Justin didn't allocate some money for that. I realize that she came off as quite unlikeable, but it wasn't hard to see why. I can't diagnose Hudson, but it is clear that he is more difficult than an average child, and the Cookes obviously lack the financial resources to get the help they need. If they were in a less rural area, there would probably be a number of state programs they could appeal to. As with all stay-at-home Mom's on a budget, Brandi is in need of some time to herself, but lacks the financial resources for this as well. I would imagine that her perception of that week was that Jay got to go on a trip (obviously an umfathomable luxury for them) and stay with a wealthy family in splendor that Brandi could only imagine. Meanwhile, they moved bunk beds into an already cramped living room in a home that Brandi was ashamed of so that Brandi could single-handedly entertain the two difficult children & a stranger to whom she felt financially & socially inferior, all under the watchful eyes of dozens of cameras, and all of America.

Again, I am not excusing the way she acted or the way that she treated Jay, merely trying to understand it. Some counseling is certainly in order here.
    Very, very insightful post, elvisvegas! Brandi seemed actually quite clinically depressed to me. Her obesity, lack of motivation, and even what we might have interpreted as laziness can all be seen as signs of depression. This family needs some intervention; they aren't bad folks, just perhaps a bit naive that their family needs help and help is out there. Even in rural areas, there is help. You opened my eyes to the idea that Brandi had a lot put on her plate too; in addition to her normal daily challenges, she gets a complete stranger in her house as well. I know it couldn't have been a surprise but it still may have seemed overwhelming to a person already feeling overwhelmed. She seemed shy in terms of accepting new things and maybe she deserves some props for going through with this. Of course the money was the motivation - but still, what she did had to have required some courage. I hope this family gets the help they deserve.

It's like I said in an earlier post...there's no light in Brandi's eyes, I suspect, too, that she may be clinically depressed. Like elvis said, I don't think the family has the resources or possibly even medical insurance (?) to get Brandi some help. Not to mention those children.

I think Renovate My Family would be nice for them- as long as they made it feasible within the Cooke's budget to be able to continue to AFFORD their house. With the Biggins I don't know if they are going to be able to afford the amount of property taxes and electricity bills as well as other bills (upkeep of the house) in the long run. That's the problem with that show. Everything is grand! Bigger! But it's not reality.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast