+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cooke Family

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I say, "nip it in the bud"!!
    I think it's already in full bloom. HUDSON -- COLE --

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    did_it_again! So true!

Wow. This family was ripe with dysfunction. At first, when Hudson talked his brother into eating the tail of the catfish...that was all normal, we even did crap like that growing up (my family). So, at FIRST..it cracked me up how he totally screwed his lil brother on the buck!
    He's OBVIOUSLY the antagonist. But, I'm almost sure that he was REALLY acting out for the camera(s) and also because the fact that dad (who's probably the "heavy" of the house) was gone.
    With all that said though, he's still a damned monster! They (she) doesn't have ANY control of the behavior(s), which is super sad.

So..some money was allotted to schooling. ?? Do they NOT go to school? Strange...

What was on Hudson's back? Did anyone else see the black "thing" on his back? I was trying so hard to see what it was, but I never did make it out. At first, I thought it was a leech..til I saw it on him other days.

The mom. Sheesh.. lazy, depressed, uneducated, narrow-minded, unaffectionate and all around bore. Not much else to say about her. That sums it up.

Jay.. omg. FORREST GUMP! Wow! Sweet as all get-out, but he's simply a doormat. I'm glad (super glad) that he did this show, cause I think it was/is the most exciting thing he's EVER done.
    Very sweet guy..I sure hope he gets something in his life (besides his children) that makes his heart happy! Seems like he's just going through the motions of being a family guy, but with absolutely no stimulation.

Too bad they didn't get a pool or something..that would certainly do something to give the family an outlet.

So much to say about this family.. I'm sure I'll post again.
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-01-2004 at 01:47 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    So..some money was allotted to schooling. ?? Do they NOT go to school? Strange...

What was on Hudson's back? Did anyone else see the black "thing" on his back? I was trying so hard to see what it was, but I never did make it out. At first, I thought it was a leech..til I saw it on him other days.

Too bad they didn't get a pool or something..that would certainly do something to give the family an outlet.
    School costs money, so I am guessing that money payed for a year of schools for the boys.

I too didn't know what that was on Hudson's back. At first I thought a leech, but I had no idea.

I believe that they already had a pool.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I agree with everything everyone posted.

Mrs. Cooke- When Hudson was trying to drown Cole at the beach she just stood there. Wait, thats what she did everytime Hudson (boy does he have problems.) was bullying Cole, stood there with her mouth open. Geez, my dog has more personality than her.
    Her kids are dangerous. I could see them in jail in a few years...lol I dont know if anyone remembers Cole throwing that bat at the chicken??? Violence towards animals is something to be wary of.
    I cant believe she didnt get her fat ass up to kiss her husband or even hug him. Poor guy.

Mr. Cooke- What a darling. Very sweet and kind. I loved the interaction between him and Pierce. I bet he wishes his sons even remotely acted like him. The interaction between him and the daughter were sweet.

Mrs. Levine- If she is gonna wear Manolo Blahniks she better learn how to pronounce it right. She said Manolo Blancos....dumbass. What a pretentious b****. She loved to say how much everything cost, and how they do it all the time and Tavern on the Green isnt even nice. No wonder Jay figured they could use the money else where, she was always talking about how much this and that cost...What a snob.
    I loved how the little girl, said..."If this is how he wants us to use the money then this is how we'll use it!!!!" Out of the mouth of babes....It was hilarious when Mrs. Levine, goes "No one messes with my finances...I want a lawyer"

Mr. Levine- Likeable guy, I dont know how he restrained himself from smacking those kids....
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Well, I watched last night's episode of Trading spouses.

Firstly I thought the Levine kids were great, they were well behaved, sweet and welcomed Jaye nicely. The mom, I wasn't too crazy about, seemed a bit too snobbish and way too controlling. She did do a great job with raising her kids. The little girl was cute and very well behaved from what I saw. They all treated Jaye wonderfully IMO. Now The Cooke family are a different story, Jay seems like a great guy, while his wife I really don't know what to make off, she never smiled , nor seemed alive. She just looked unhappy most of the time. She never even gave her husband a goodbye hug or got up to greet him after he'd been away for a week from the family. I do think there's a problem with her there. The boys were certainly out of control (although I know what little boys are like ) but still, Brandi (the mom) just didn't do much to control their behavior she just seemed really out of it for the most part. I think Justin held up very well for the week he was there (I'm sure it must have been very trying with the kids most of the week) he seems like a nice guy. He also did a good job with the chicken coop. I do hope everything will be fine for the Cooke family, and that they become more affectionate with each other, and enjoy life more. Good luck to both families.

I fully agree with those who said there is something wrong there with Brandi. There's just NO life in her. I wonder what is going on there?? Whatever it is, I, too, think she has comletely thrown in the towel. She oughta be a little more thankful though- seems Jay does a LOT for her and Justin taking her out to a nice restaurant- could we be anymore ungrateful?? Seriously!

I liked Jay. I thought he was such a sweetheart. May not know much about city life but he seemed like such a good man.

The kids?? Hello Ritalin!!!! (Just kidding!!!) Hudson is insane...taking that little ax and pretending to chop up his brother?? Can we say, ISSUES??
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I am convinced that Hudson is the devil . . .

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I am officially in LOVE with Jay Cooke! (not in that way) LOL! He's such a sweet man. He doesn't let anything or anyone really bother him. He has such a soft heart and more people like him in the world would make it a perfect place...what bothered me was him putting himself down so much. HE'S AWESOME..he shouldn't consider himself so unworthy..he is such a nice guy!

His wife and kids don't seem to appreciate him! that pissed me off..she didn't even get off the couch when he came home..What the heck? that made me angry..he's your husband show some love! he was all crying about missing them and they didn't even care! they don't deserve such a nice husband/father.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Kao
    It looked like the oldest Cooke brat had a tatoo on his back. WTF?

Of course, that could just be a scar from his failed exorcism....

I feel sorry for the youngest Cooke child. When he grows up, he is probably going to hate his older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Do they NOT go to school? Strange...

These kids need to go to boot camp...... the Marines...the Army...the Air
    Force and the Navy......one right after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasIsTheMan
    His wife and kids don't seem to appreciate him! that pissed me off..she didn't even get off the couch when he came home..What the heck? that made me angry..he's your husband show some love! he was all crying about missing them and they didn't even care! they don't deserve such a nice husband/father.
    Jay's wife is about as lively as a tree stump. I see her face and it's like a blank chalkboard or a blank wall in need of graffiti, there's simply nothing going on there. I saw Jay leave home ...nothing from the family. I saw Jay return home...nothing from the family. I feel if Jay were to disappear his wife would simply shrug her shoulders and say "Oh well, guess I gotta go get me another husband" I think the chickens were more excited to see Jay return home then his family and the Levine kids were much more sorry to see him go then his own kids.
    Last edited by did_it_again; 09-02-2004 at 02:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast