+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Levine Family

Loved the Levine kids- thought they were so great to each other and very close. That Molly- her boyfriends are gonna have a tough time passing muster with Dad and Pierce.

Liked the mom pretty well- maybe because I can see a lot of me in her
    Too bad that she wanted to spend the money on the Bar Mitzvah- but hey- don't count your chickens before they hatch. Jay was probably under the impression (as was I) that they had a handle on their finances and wasn't worried about the party, so it never occurred to him to allocate any money for it.
    I don't really think FOX holds them to the money issue though- I think it is more for ratings. My bet would be that in the end, they just hand over a check to each family.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I can't stand Beverly. Pierce was trying so hard to memorize the speech and she was on his case so much! Putting waaaaaay to much pressure on him. It was good how Jay was routing for him and saying that he was doing well..Pierce is awesome. Cool Kid!
    Last edited by JonasIsTheMan; 09-02-2004 at 03:46 AM.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Beverly was a bit of a pest....Ok she was a real pest when it came to her son learning his speech for his Bar- Mitzvahs. I can understand her wanting him to do well because of it's importance ,but you could see her ragging on him was really beginning to frustratrate him.

What does Beverly do for a living or is she a house wife because she's wound to tight and from the looks of it her life seems pretty lush.

What's the deal ;she wants to talk to a lawyer about how the money is spent???
    It's free money woman!!!!! You didn't have to work for it!!
    From what was shown and judging from you and your childrens reaction to him while he was in your home, Jay was a delightful and easy person to get along with.

If you have learned nothing from reality television dear women and you signed up for the show you must be at least be somewhat knowledgeable about reality television........there's always some kind of twist.
    Welcome to the world of reality TV Ms Levine.

what happened did she ever sew? i just saw the part where she told the camera man to turn off the camera, if they signed papers and the twist was hidden in there she cant do anything about it

FORT Newbie

Not how I saw it

I am so sorry, but I must diagree with you! The Levine wife was very arrogant and insulting to Jay. I wanted to slap her for some of the rude comments she'd made to him. Not that Ms. Brandi was any better, " I always get want ever I want, that's why I like him" what the heck was that? And how do we send our husbands off "well she did without a kiss or even a cordial good-bye" it sickened me. I was by Jay he was so geniune and good hearted that I hated how he was treated by both women. Trust me NOT all people with $$$$$ are as arrogant and annoying as the Levines. Correct me, but who really expects something for nothing in this life.

Quote Originally Posted by GloriafromTampa
    The Levine mother and children were polite, warm and very consious of makin Mr Cook feel comfortable and welcome. He was treated like an honored guest.
    Last edited by softtalker; 09-03-2004 at 02:13 AM. Reason: tittle

Maybe I missed something,but I don't remember Ms Levine saying anything rude to Jay Cooke. I do think she was wound to tight though .I guess I'm going to have to watch my friends Tivo to see ,but I don't recall her being rude to him. Still can't remember if she had a job or not.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I noticed that she was always talking about the cost of things, sounding like bragging. That's the way it sounded to me anyway. I thought that was rude. It was almost like she was getting all giddy by "blowing his mind" with the cost of things and how much they "have".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I noticed that she was always talking about the cost of things, sounding like bragging. That's the way it sounded to me anyway. I thought that was rude. It was almost like she was getting all giddy by "blowing his mind" with the cost of things and how much they "have".
    I definitely caught that vibe off of Mrs. Levine..the whole thing at Tavern On THe Green...I mean that was really messed up. Here Jay was, trying to enjoy his new experience, and complimenting the restaurant and Beverly had NOTHING but negative to say about it. If you didn't like it so much, why did you go there then??

:rolleyes
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Maybe I missed something,but I don't remember Ms Levine saying anything rude to Jay Cooke. I do think she was wound to tight though .I guess I'm going to have to watch my friends Tivo to see ,but I don't recall her being rude to him. Still can't remember if she had a job or not.
    Throughout the show, Fox had captions indicating that Mrs. Levine was the Vice President of Research or Marketing of her company ( I didn't tape the show, don't remember exactly what.) Women like that on the Upper East Side, in the 70's, are usually just as high powered as their husbands. The cost of living in the Levine's neighborhood would make your hair stand on end. A tiny studio apartment in a 5th floor walk up is over 2,000 a month.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    it was so sad, it was funny the way she acted as though the way Jay picked to spend the money was ok...then later she blew up..that was just annoying..its free money. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! SHEESH!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast