+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I read between the lines, and saw that the husband (Mr. Bowers) wasn't to a very nice person either. He's the one the one, his daughter called "evil", he's the one that blamed Lisa for his family's weight problem, when he does all the cooking. I think he was putting on a front, for the camera, and Mrs. Pilek. I don't hate any of them, I don't know them personally. I do see beyond Lisa's rough exterior, and sympathize (sp) with her. Yurek acted like a jerk. Plain and simple.

Decan said:
    Demands (not even asking or politely suggesting) them to scrub the floor, to wash those dishes, to do the laundary- probably would've been without Lisa's help or supervision.
    I've watched the show 2 times, and it didn't seem like she asked in a mean way to me. She didn't ask them to scrub the floor, or wash the dishes, she asked Zach to load the dishwasher, and Katy to fold the towels, that's not akin to scrubbing the floor, and it sure isn't washing the dishes. Funny thing is, during the start of the 1st episode, Jurek was saying that the kids were spoiled. I watched some of the comments that Lisa made, and they were demeaning, but she said with a smile, and a cute laugh. Point is, both families had problems, if they were perfect, they wouldn't be on TV. While I agree that Lisa was crass, the minute she walked in the door, the kids, and Jurek were treating her funny. Just my observations.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    While I agree that Lisa was crass, the minute she walked in the door, the kids, and Jurek were treating her funny. Just my observations.
    My observations as well. She was crass, but they didn't want her there and treated her accordingly from minute one. She was basically snubbed at "hi".
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by decan
    You forgot that those kids are exactly that- KIDS! Zach couldn't be more than 13 years old and his sister is even much younger. Can you honestly tell me these kids, who are physically powerless relative to Lisa, who are small children without a care in the world, who are innocent, are capable of being "rude" just because some cow-raging-with-pms (yea I've said it) Demands (not even asking or politely suggesting) them to scrub the floor, to wash those dishes, to do the laundary- probably would've been without Lisa's help or supervision btw..... the fact those kids did not "talk back" at Lisa is a good indication of their good manners because if I was one of them, I would make every effort to make the "cow's" life as miserable and horrible as possible without apologies!

The silent treatment towards Lisa is a right. In fact it was necessary otherwise if you give in to Lisa's ridiculous demands (I'm not talking about doing chores per say but I'm talking about HOW she tells everyone else to do those chores that is the problem) then you're validating her behaviour... you're condoning her rudeness, which is just wrong in my book :rolleyes right?
    Decan, notice the double standard that is sometimes applied to the Pileks as opposed to the Bowers. It's sad that some people find an easy target in people who have worked to get what they have (not that there's anything wrong with being born having more than what the average person has either). In my personal experience, I find that people like the Pileks tend to be more polite than people like Lisa. Maybe they felt offended by her brutish approach, because they aren't used to people who are rough around the edges. It's taking a fish out of the water and putting it in a different environment.

No one has made it Rich Vs Poor or being double standard. Most all posts didnt like Lisa or the Pilek family's behavior on the show. So they both agree that they all were totally rude, but to be on the show they should had tried to work the differences out. They agreed Lisa's behaviour was rude, but so was the Pileks. Funny how you can see where Lisa was rude, but dont see where the Pileks were equally rude. They all were wrong for what they did. This has nothing to do with being in a family with lots of wealth or being in a little cramped up shack with no money. If Samantha had behaved the way Lisa did, and The Bowers family were rude like the Pileks, I would still be saying they shouldnt had treated Samantha the way they did. By being rude back to her, made them no better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    No one has made it Rich Vs Poor or being double standard. Most all posts didnt like Lisa or the Pilek family's behavior on the show. So they both agree that they all were totally rude, but to be on the show they should had tried to work the differences out. They agreed Lisa's behaviour was rude, but so was the Pileks. Funny how you can see where Lisa was rude, but dont see where the Pileks were equally rude. They all were wrong for what they did. This has nothing to do with being in a family with lots of wealth or being in a little cramped up shack with no money. If Samantha had behaved the way Lisa did, and The Bowers family were rude like the Pileks, I would still be saying they shouldnt had treated Samantha the way they did. By being rude back to her, made them no better in my opinion.
    Well Said!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Nothing in common with the Bowers. If you don't like what I have to say, then block my posts so you can't read them. Half the time I like to type stuff cause it's funny.. but since there has been so much agression because I called them "chimp-kids", now I'm finding it hilarious!

Lets see.. zombie-tots, bland-boy, chowder-teeth girl, imps, spoiled brats... How is that?
    You're on the right track Maveno, but I'm gonna have to agree with Muduh on "little snots". Completely different than the polite and well-mannered "rich kids" from the first two weeks of Trading Spouses.

And don't even get me started on Mr. Pilek. Or his friends. I have to assume the families are told what they're in for when they sign up for these shows. It's only a week, there's no telling what kind of person you're going to end up having in your home for that week, but if you've made a deal with the producers to open up your home to someone in return for $50,000 - then DO IT dammit!!! If you're going to act like a snot on National TV, we're not going to treat you kindly.

Lisa's certainly abrasive, but I sure don't dislike her as much as a lot of my fellow FORTers do. I find she has the directness of a child. If I was a parent and felt she stepped across the line with a comment to my child, I would be equally direct with her, and defend my child. Not invite the neighbors over to snub her.

I really liked Samantha. I'd like to see Rich Mom #1 and Rich Mom #2 trade families, and stay there!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I really liked Samantha. I'd like to see Rich Mom #1 and Rich Mom #2 trade families, and stay there!
    What a great idea.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Lisa's certainly abrasive, but I sure don't dislike her as much as a lot of my fellow FORTers do. I find she has the directness of a child. If I was a parent and felt she stepped across the line with a comment to my child, I would be equally direct with her, and defend my child. Not invite the neighbors over to snub her.

First off nobody invited no one. Lisa was "bothering" the Pilek's neighbours on her own free will. She was bored remember? This is exactly what I meant about "diverting blame", Mr Pilek has nothing to do with her misery.

As for you little gag about trading mommies forever, I don't think so. Why should the bowers kids benefit from what should be Lisa's responsibility and care in the first place? You guys praise Sam's parental or just plain interpersonal abilities but snub Mr Pilek or the Pilek kids rather for their behaviour. Don't you think they do LEARN from their mom too? The fact that Mr Pilek is happily married to Sam does show he has the respect and manners similar to Mrs Pilek as opposed to the Bowers marriage, between Mrs Bowers and Mr Bowers is night and day.

All the problems in the show stem from one direction, Lisa's. If she wasn't a factor on the show then the bowers experience would've been positive right to the end... the neighbours would not have snubbed nobody, Pilek dad and kids would not have been in such a miserable mood, the 50 grand to the Pileks would be spent wisely, eveybody would've been happy.

Decan, Qboots meant trading Rich Mom#1, Tammy, and Rich Mom #2, Samantha. Nothing about the Bowers.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

The Bowers Family had a positive end all the way through, as well as Samantha Pilek. Lisa and the Pilek Family were the ones that made themselves miserable. Lisa was bossy and pushy, but in turn the Pileks were just as rude as she was, therefore making their week unbearable. Blaming it on Lisa alone is not right either. Because Mr. Pilek could had chosen to communicate to Lisa in a way she would had understood he wouldnt allow her to be mean or rude to his family, instead he acted as nasty as she was.
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 08-16-2004 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread