+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #71
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    True, and one of the things that I noticed was when Lisa was telling the kids to do their little one chore, the father said to the camera "No, not in my house, the kids won't do that." (can't remeber the exact words, but same idea). Why didn't he say that to Lisa instead? If he had been totally up front about her parenting his kids- he should have nipped it in the bud right away. He could have also told her he has a maid coming in before she ended up doing the work first. I think Lisa was a real boob in that house, but as I've said before, look at what she was working with. If the lines of communication had been open (for both of them) from the beginning, they all would have had a much better week. (although- it might have been boring for us )
    Okay. I'll give you Pilek-haters that. I agree there is obviously a lack of communication between the father and Lisa so that probably exacerbated the bad sentiments between them. But problem goes both ways. Being rude at somebody is just as annoying as giving someone the silent treatment.

  2. #72
    FORT Fanatic Melitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    484
    I didn't like Lisa's attitude. I think the Pilek family was actually very tolerant of Lisa. My husband would have booted her out the door the first time she started criticizing our kids. My husband and kids would probably have reacted the same way the Pilek's did, they would have avoided her at all costs even if it came off as rude and spoiled. I would rather be considered rude or stuck up than a two faced witch or back stabber. I refuse to be nice to people that I don't like, I don't go out of my way to be mean, but I will avoid having to deal with you. Just like the Pilek's tried to avoid Lisa.

    In one post somewhere on this site someone wondered if the Bower's would stay together, I was wondering the same thing myself. I wonder if it was a wake up call to Craig that all women are not so obnoxious. Living with Lisa would give me an ulcer.

  3. #73
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by jjfrias
    I didn't like Lisa's attitude. I think the Pilek family was actually very tolerant of Lisa. My husband would have booted her out the door the first time she started criticizing our kids. My husband and kids would probably have reacted the same way the Pilek's did, they would have avoided her at all costs even if it came off as rude and spoiled. I would rather be considered rude or stuck up than a two faced witch or back stabber. I refuse to be nice to people that I don't like, I don't go out of my way to be mean, but I will avoid having to deal with you. Just like the Pilek's tried to avoid Lisa.

    In one post somewhere on this site someone wondered if the Bower's would stay together, I was wondering the same thing myself. I wonder if it was a wake up call to Craig that all women are not so obnoxious. Living with Lisa would give me an ulcer.
    Exactly! the show could very well have been ALOT more uglier if not for Mr Pilek's restraint... you just can't risk picking an argument with that woman.... she got emotional and crass even without the Pileks saying a word! Imagine if Mr Pilek joined in the shouting match I think it would've been a one-day show.

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey Sunnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the sun
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by decan
    Okay. I'll give you Pilek-haters that. I agree there is obviously a lack of communication between the father and Lisa so that probably exacerbated the bad sentiments between them. But problem goes both ways. Being rude at somebody is just as annoying as giving someone the silent treatment.
    You know Decan, as I have read post after post of you bashing Lisa, over and over, it really bugs me to see you separate us into the us vs. them. (see bold above) As I have been reading, most of us can see both sides of the issue here- neither family was perfect and we can see that and discuss it. We also remember that there was a lot of editing going on as well- and I would bet money that Samantha wasn't exactly the Angel they showed her to be, and Lisa wasn't exactly the *cow* you think her to be.
    I really like this sight, but I am having a hard time reading your repeated posts bashing Lisa so much.

  5. #75
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    You know Decan, as I have read post after post of you bashing Lisa, over and over, it really bugs me to see you separate us into the us vs. them. (see bold above) As I have been reading, most of us can see both sides of the issue here- neither family was perfect and we can see that and discuss it. We also remember that there was a lot of editing going on as well- and I would bet money that Samantha wasn't exactly the Angel they showed her to be, and Lisa wasn't exactly the *cow* you think her to be.
    I really like this sight, but I am having a hard time reading your repeated posts bashing Lisa so much.
    Ok. Maybe you might have a point about my quick categorization of the Lisa issue. But like someone else said before, you either "love-her" or "hate-her", so to me it's quite black and white.... and with good reason because the fact of the matter is there is just not one good reason to defend Lisa's behaviour whatsoever. BUT having said that, I do apologize for my insensitivity for being such "one-sided"..... at the same time PLEASE recoginze that I do have good reasons. Else I wouldn't be writing what I wrote.

    Besides, I not saying you're wrong either. I do respect your point about both sides (Pilek and Bowers) guilty of misdemeanor. In fact like you I've criticized the Pilek in the forum before. But my point is and always have been about Lisa. Call it bashing or whatever but just as you have the right to criticize the Pileks for their faults, I'm just exercising my right to criticize her. Notice I don't criticize the rest of the Bowers family. Only HER.

    Look, it seems to me you're desperately trying to get me to cut Lisa some slack. The fact of the matter is I just can't! I don't know how to be anymore direct than that. Heavy editing or not (which I think it's an age-old excuse), Sam isn't the perfect mom as we think or not, both families have imperfections or not, does NOT take away the fact that Lisa is a horrible horrible person. That's just my opinion. Nothing personal against anyone on this forum. Alright?

    thanks for listening

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey Sunnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the sun
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by decan

    Look, it seems to me you're desperately trying to get me to cut Lisa some slack. The fact of the matter is I just can't! I don't know how to be anymore direct than that. Heavy editing or not (which I think it's an age-old excuse), Sam isn't the perfect mom as we think or not, both families have imperfections or not, does NOT take away the fact that Lisa is a horrible horrible person. That's just my opinion. Nothing personal against anyone on this forum. Alright?

    thanks for listening
    No,I'm not trying to get you to cut her some slack- it almost seems as if you have something personal against Lisa, that's all. If you do- that is your business, but I just didn't understand the venom after watching her for only 3 hours. Maybe more to it?
    Peace

  7. #77
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    btw the "Pilek-haters" is nothing more than a brief phrase I put out for my own convenience of writing the posts and conveying my point. I have nothing against those who don't have the same views about the Pileks or Lisa as I have. Again nothing personal.

    But I have a question. Just as you accuse me of why I hold unfavorable views towards Lisa.... I would like to pose the same question to you guys why you hold unfavorable views towards the Pileks?

  8. #78
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    No,I'm not trying to get you to cut her some slack- it almost seems as if you have something personal against Lisa, that's all. If you do- that is your business, but I just didn't understand the venom after watching her for only 3 hours. Maybe more to it?
    Peace
    nope nothing more to it. i just couldn't stand her that's all. perhaps coupled with the fact that some on this forum are trying to justify her behavior when obviously there isn't any justification whatsoever also might have contributed to my bias.

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey Sunnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the sun
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by decan

    But I have a question. Just as you accuse me of why I hold unfavorable views towards Lisa.... I would like to pose the same question to you guys why you hold unfavorable views towards the Pileks?
    I personally hold unfavorable views about both families. But I also saw a lot of good in both of them also. I just don't think there has to be a Pilek vs. Bowers discussion is all. I have posted unfavorable on both threads about both families. (well, actually about Lisa and the Pilek family)

  10. #80
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I personally hold unfavorable views about both families. But I also saw a lot of good in both of them also. I just don't think there has to be a Pilek vs. Bowers discussion is all. I have posted unfavorable on both threads about both families. (well, actually about Lisa and the Pilek family)
    again let's be clear here. I only hold unfavorable view towards Lisa.... the rest of the Bowers actually I very much sympathize with.

    So I have to say you're not quite correct for saying that I'm writing about the Pilek versus Bowers nonsense. nope not at all.

    Again let's stick to the issue. Lisa is the problem here

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.