+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Nothing in common with the Bowers. If you don't like what I have to say, then block my posts so you can't read them. Half the time I like to type stuff cause it's funny.. but since there has been so much agression because I called them "chimp-kids", now I'm finding it hilarious!

Lets see.. zombie-tots, bland-boy, chowder-teeth girl, imps, spoiled brats... How is that?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

^^ that.. is classic Mavvy

I don't necessarily think the Pilek kids had bad manners, I think that they were a little anti-social. It was quite obvious that they were not happy with the switch in the first place and none of the family made much of an effort to be welcoming... with that said... Lisa is a putz.
    There is an old saying 'begin as you mean to go on'. Her beginning was less than stellar and things went from bad to worse. She seems to be the type of person that has a 'get them before they get you' attitude. She has self-esteem issues. Dental Hygienist is honest work for honest pay, nothing at all to be ashamed of, yet she was immediately on the defensive when the neighbours asked her what she did for a living. I dont think they would have judged her so harshly if she had just acted like a normal person. JMO
    The Pileks didn't like their world shaken up but the Bowers sure liked their world calmed down.

Falco welcome to the site .. Please take the time to click on FAQ at the top of the page .. the site rules are listed there. Personal insults are frowned upon and John is not kidding when he issues a 'time out warning'. He (or another mod) will ban you for derogatory personal comments.
    In the last show most of the negativity was directed at Mrs. N.. not the entire family, this show it was the Pilek family and Lisa that are getting the negative comments - well deserved at that. I don't agree that the entire board is unfairly targeting the 'rich family' they are merely commenting on what the producers saw fit to air.
    Stick around and post some more - we are all here for the same reason - to dish on reality tv. It would be awfully boring if we all had the same opinion.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 08-12-2004 at 01:53 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1
    I have seen one person stoop so low as to call the Pilek children names! The way the Pilek boy was acting when Lisa was at the batting cage with him showed he has pretty good manners. The kid just kept his head down and listened to everything that lady said to him. I can't remember the exact name that one questionable "adult" called the kids, but I think it had "monkey" in it. That comment speaks volumes about the intelligence of that person. I just hope that person has no kids as I fear that she probably has lots in common with Lisa Bowers...
    The children are just a "chimp" off the ole block...hence the name chimp-kids. The Pilek kids are learning their behavior from their Father (Jurek) so it doesn't suprise me that they act just as awful as him.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Those children acted like little snots before Lisa started in on her reign of terror. It started the minute she walked in the door. I don't care how bad Lisa acts, they are children and should treat adults with respect (at least that's what I was taught.) When they were given chores to do, the boy ignored Lisa... it was as if she wasn't even there. To me that's rude. At least respond even if you don't plan on doing it.

As someone else stated, those kids act like their father...RUDE!!! If he didn't like the situation, he should have never agreed to it. He didn't give it a chance. You could tell when he went to pick Lisa up at the airport that his heart wasn't in it.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1
    I agree, it is a very good job to have, BUT you do not have to go to college to be certified as a Dental Hygienist. The requirements for the accreditation certificate vary a little from state to state, but it is generally a 2-6 month training, that is usually done part-time at night (shorter if you choose day classes). I feel that if that is what you do, you should be proud of it, and not try to embellish by insisting that you do "dental therapy".
    When I was in high school I wanted to be a dental hygenist. I worked in the dental office as a student. It does require 2 years community college to be a registered dental hygenist. Most dental offices work with you and help you to become a registered dental hygenist. I never got to fulfill my dream of being a dental hygenist, but hopefully in the future I will be able to check into it. Im not sure why she used the term "dental therapy". I never heard that used ever, but people like to try and impress others by giving their occupation a more classy name. Maybe she was embarrassed to tell them what she did, I dont know.

The bottom line is that she is not a nice person, and it appears that she has self-esteem issues. She really should address those with a professional before she keeps projecting them toward her family and causes long-term problems for the kids and/or destroys her marriage.
    I do agree that Lisa needs to get some kind of help to help her with her issues she is dealing with. Wouldnt hurt the whole family to go to therapy and deal with the issues they face daily. Her children were really nice kids, considering what they have to live with daily, but like one poster said earlier her children love her unconditionally.

Hey, Lisa Bowers, the reason people can't see past your fat, obnoxious exterior is because deep inside, you also have a fat, obnoxious interior!

You are a rude, pushy baby who also turned out to be spiteful and mean and you deserve exactly the kind of treatment you receive.

Oh, and if I just pissed you off.... oh well!!

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    Those children acted like little snots before Lisa started in on her reign of terror. It started the minute she walked in the door. I don't care how bad Lisa acts, they are children and should treat adults with respect (at least that's what I was taught.) When they were given chores to do, the boy ignored Lisa... it was as if she wasn't even there. To me that's rude. At least respond even if you don't plan on doing it.

True, and one of the things that I noticed was when Lisa was telling the kids to do their little one chore, the father said to the camera "No, not in my house, the kids won't do that." (can't remeber the exact words, but same idea). Why didn't he say that to Lisa instead? If he had been totally up front about her parenting his kids- he should have nipped it in the bud right away. He could have also told her he has a maid coming in before she ended up doing the work first. I think Lisa was a real boob in that house, but as I've said before, look at what she was working with. If the lines of communication had been open (for both of them) from the beginning, they all would have had a much better week. (although- it might have been boring for us )

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    The children are just a "chimp" off the ole block...hence the name chimp-kids. The Pilek kids are learning their behavior from their Father (Jurek) so it doesn't suprise me that they act just as awful as him.

Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver

As someone else stated, those kids act like their father...RUDE!!! If he didn't like the situation, he should have never agreed to it. He didn't give it a chance. You could tell when he went to pick Lisa up at the airport that his heart wasn't in it.
    You forgot that those kids are exactly that- KIDS! Zach couldn't be more than 13 years old and his sister is even much younger. Can you honestly tell me these kids, who are physically powerless relative to Lisa, who are small children without a care in the world, who are innocent, are capable of being "rude" just because some cow-raging-with-pms (yea I've said it) Demands (not even asking or politely suggesting) them to scrub the floor, to wash those dishes, to do the laundary- probably would've been without Lisa's help or supervision btw..... the fact those kids did not "talk back" at Lisa is a good indication of their good manners because if I was one of them, I would make every effort to make the "cow's" life as miserable and horrible as possible without apologies!

The silent treatment towards Lisa is a right. In fact it was necessary otherwise if you give in to Lisa's ridiculous demands (I'm not talking about doing chores per say but I'm talking about HOW she tells everyone else to do those chores that is the problem) then you're validating her behaviour... you're condoning her rudeness, which is just wrong in my book :rolleyes right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    Hey, Lisa Bowers, the reason people can't see past your fat, obnoxious exterior is because deep inside, you also have a fat, obnoxious interior!

You are a rude, pushy baby who also turned out to be spiteful and mean and you deserve exactly the kind of treatment you receive.

Oh, and if I just pissed you off.... oh well!!
    Exactly!

+ Reply to Thread