+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hell, yeah, she does, c bunny.

That was just her way of being spiteful to the Pileks for her experience not being a good one.

At least, that's JMHO.

Silly witch.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well it was a good way of getting even .. You got to admit, they didnt make it any easier for her. I dont think Dad got anything.. did he???

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    Lisa's children didn't seem too fond of Lisa. You have to remember that a rough, insensitive exterior may find some admirers, but it may find more critics.

She is their mother. They will love her unconditionally whether they show it or not.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    When they were making fun of her being a "dental hygenist" I was astonished. There is nothing wrong with doing that type of work. Dental hygenists have to go to college and be trained to clean teeth and it is an honest living.
    I agree, it is a very good job to have, BUT you do not have to go to college to be certified as a Dental Hygienist. The requirements for the accreditation certificate vary a little from state to state, but it is generally a 2-6 month training, that is usually done part-time at night (shorter if you choose day classes). I feel that if that is what you do, you should be proud of it, and not try to embellish by insisting that you do "dental therapy". The reason the neighbors seemed to go on about her job is because it was not a *joke* when she claimed she did dental therapy. She said it once, then after that when someone asked her if she cleaned teeth that's when she said again that she did "dental therapy". She was kind of rude when she said it, like she was beneath cleaning teeth. That was about the time that they started to turn on her and it looked like she had just pushed them to the edge like she had pushed everybody else she came in contact with. That said, I was also shocked by how easy it was for those neighbors to turn around and be rude to her. The civil thing to do would have been to excuse yourself, and leave if you thought you didn't like her or the way she was acting. I am sure it was not the first time Lisa's personality caused people to be rude to her. Lisa had not hardly unpacked her bags after she got home before her husband had to get away from her. He has been with her for so long he knows what to do when the stuff she says, and the way she says it pisses him off. The neighbors on the other hand are obviously shallow people with horrible "people" skills. I know I wouldn't have said the things they said but I also know that I would have probably had to excuse myself after just being around her for a short time or else i would be tempted to say something mean.

The bottom line is that she is not a nice person, and it appears that she has self-esteem issues. She really should address those with a professional before she keeps projecting them toward her family and causes long-term problems for the kids and/or destroys her marriage.

To address some of the comments earlier about the Pilek kids needing to realize that they are not going to sing, and play baseball for a career. You need to remember these are KIDS they are 8 and 13? years old. (the boy may be 14) The majority of kids that age do think that is what they will be doing when they grow up (nothing wrong w/that).

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Well it was a good way of getting even .. You got to admit, they didnt make it any easier for her. I dont think Dad got anything.. did he???

You're right, c bunny!

Hate to do it, but gotta give Lisa props for getting even (although it WAS childish, too)!

As I recall, no, she didn't give Jurek anything.

He didn't seem too bothered about that, though.

He was just glad to finally have Lisa out of his house!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    I agree. Lisa could have eased up on her in-your-face attitude and overly assertory behavior. She made fun of how the Pilek and their neighbors' houses were painted monotonously and lacked the wide range her house has. Maybe if Lisa put aside her crass attitude and was more polite that week, she would have been treated better? That contributed to the Pileks and their neighbors' coldness and reluctance to socialize with her. The neighbors did seem to go overboard with teasing Lisa.
    I'm sorry but I give NO sympathy to Lisa. First impressions are Everything! When the first words out of your mouth is to criticize about other people's houses, how their house color sucks? or brag and overexaggerate about your modest career? or just plain 'defensive' about everything..... I think, whether the other people are nice or not, they have a right to shun you and distance themselves from you... and if distancing is not possible (ie the boat party) then you run the risk of being mocked by others for your own fault! The "cold shoulder" is on YOUR (Lisa) head, not the neighbours.

Again. It is hard for me to believe that the entire neighbourhood is wrong about Lisa while she is the only "good person" out there fighting evil and defending her own good. Kind of ridiculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    There is no doubt that Lisa is a love her or hate type of woman and I can't say I would be in the 'love her' group, however she was never given a chance by anyone at the Pilek's. The women (and I use that term loosely) were caddy, self-righteous witches. The toast to Sam wherever she may be; the husband?? giggles; and the amount of class my 5 yr old has. It was obvious Lisa didnt fit in but OMG to bash her on national TV when you have known her for 2 hours?? That was just plain ignorant.
    Samantha seems like a wonderful person at heart and I wonder what her opinion of her friends & family's actions will be after tonight.
    You're right. A person should be given a fair chance from the beginning. But the thing is Lisa is a person who will probably 99.9% be the first one to offend when you meet her. There is no room for chance. She'll probably be in-your-face, criticising you and be all mean about probably nothing and in turn you'll be so put off by her attitude and behaviour that you'll do EXACTLY what Mr Pilek and his kids did to Lisa.

I hate her and I make no apologies about it :phhht

When they were making fun of her being a "dental hygenist" I was astonished. There is nothing wrong with doing that type of work. Dental hygenists have to go to college and be trained to clean teeth and it is an honest living.
    And do you know WHY they are making fun of her career as a "dental hygenist"? Because Lisa was fruitlessly trying to impress those neighbours with 6 figure incomes.... and her unapologetic braging about dental hygene was probably too much for anyone, wealthy or otherwise, to bear. If you were in those neighbours shoes, you would slip a bad word or two about her too! Perhaps a couple of them might have gone too far and I don't agree with that too but generally speaking, I think the neighbours got a point. There is nothing astonishing about it. If anything, I was astonished about how Lisa gave dental hygenists a BAD name.

I never watched this show till last night so may be way off base but here's my opinion. I feel that the bitchy women may be more friends of the husband than of Sam. He acted like just as much of a snob as the women.
    I don't understand why he wanted her to come back down to the party when it was so obvious that she was the butt of everyones joke. She came off as pretty rough around the edges but I think we have to assume that she's doing something right. Her kids could teach the rich kids a thing or two about manners. Little snots.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by decan
    And do you know WHY they are making fun of her career as a "dental hygenist"? Because Lisa was fruitlessly trying to impress those neighbours with 6 figure incomes.... and her unapologetic braging about dental hygene was probably too much for anyone, wealthy or otherwise, to bear. If you were in those neighbours shoes, you would slip a bad word or two about her too! Perhaps a couple of them might have gone too far and I don't agree with that too but generally speaking, I think the neighbours got a point. There is nothing astonishing about it. If anything, I was astonished about how Lisa gave dental hygenists a BAD name.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who really watched this show. I am glad you did too.

I am somebody who had no preconceptions when I first came to this site yesterday. I have read most of the threads here and I have to say there is a very obvious bias against any family that appears to be upper-middle class or above. In the case of the Pilek's all of the posts after show 1 were almost 80% against. Then after show 2 when it became very apparent that there was a problem with Lisa and not the Pilek family it dropped to about 20-40% anti Pilek. Just because the Pilek family has more money doesn't mean they should be able to handle a mentally imbalanced person any better than anyone else!

I have seen one person stoop so low as to call the Pilek children names! The way the Pilek boy was acting when Lisa was at the batting cage with him showed he has pretty good manners. The kid just kept his head down and listened to everything that lady said to him. I can't remember the exact name that one questionable "adult" called the kids, but I think it had "monkey" in it. That comment speaks volumes about the intelligence of that person. I just hope that person has no kids as I fear that she probably has lots in common with Lisa Bowers...

+ Reply to Thread