+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    and the neighbors outside weren't as bad as the friends on the boat....they probably got tired of lisa talking about how she could fit all of their houses in her yard....like she was bragging....so they were defensive and asked about the size of her trailer....honestly, that should have been the type of banter she is used to back at home, with people trying to outdo each other in their put-down didn't look like lisa made much of an attempt to act like a normal person and start off on the right foot and get to know the family and the family dynamics....she just barged right in and did her thing without thinking about the consequences of her actions.
    I agree. Lisa could have eased up on her in-your-face attitude and overly assertory behavior. She made fun of how the Pilek and their neighbors' houses were painted monotonously and lacked the wide range her house has. Maybe if Lisa put aside her crass attitude and was more polite that week, she would have been treated better? That contributed to the Pileks and their neighbors' coldness and reluctance to socialize with her. The neighbors did seem to go overboard with teasing Lisa.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    The shiznit is, that's how lisa is, that's how the family knows her and loves her. Unless she was putting on a tougher exterior because she didn't like the attitude of the neighbors.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    The shiznit is, that's how lisa is, that's how the family knows her and loves her. Unless she was putting on a tougher exterior because she didn't like the attitude of the neighbors.
    Lisa's children didn't seem too fond of Lisa. You have to remember that a rough, insensitive exterior may find some admirers, but it may find more critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    On the Pilek neighbours... was the really tan facelifted one on crack or something?
    I thoght the same thing. She wasn't funny- she was annyoing and not very pretty to boot. And I won't even start on them making fun of her being a dental hygenist- I love mine and don't know what I would do without her!

This show really disturbed me:
    First of all, yes, Lisa is rough on the edges,but again- look what she was working with. The Pilek family had a bad attitude from the get go and Lisa was just trying to get thier attention. She did go overboard about Katy sitting up and Zach hitting strikes, but I think if they had shown her a little respect she would have softened up and would have actually been much more pleasant.
    I was appauled at the neighbor and his trailer comment. Lisa was just talking about how the houses are so close together with the same paint. It was true-Lisa is from a totally different part of the country and she has plenty of land. I didn't think her comments were snide- just showing the neighbors how different it is. And then on the boat- I'm sorry- those women were certainly not all that and if they are down to earth- they certainly are not on my earth!
    I felt sorry for Lisa and I really hope those neighbors and that dull as a doorknob husband are ashamed of themselves for thier behavior.
    The money thing was weird also. But then again- what do you give a family who has everything? And Katy and $10,000. or braces? Obviously they are already on it because Zach was wearing a retainer. (plus- get a clue how much orthodontia is before spending it for someone else )
    That whole thing with Lisa and the neighbors really bothered me
    And, when Katy commented about *we never talked about that* regarding the money, I was thinking Hello brat- you guys never talked to Lisa to begin with- About anything!

Anyway, thought Samantha was a doll- spent the money wisely and was wonderful with Lisa's kids. Then again, Lisa's kids were so pleasant and fun also that it was much easier for her to hang out with them.

gUd cHaRlOtTe RoCkZ pnkrockpunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I agree. Lisa is that way. If the neighbors talked to me that way. I would not be to happy either. But I guess that's how they live.
    "if u stand infront of the mirror with a dozen roses, u will see the most 13 beautiful things in the world."- billy martin
    " Music is supposed to be an escape, It's supposed to be somewhere you can go, where you can be yourself, or watever u want to be." - jOeL
    " I'm tired of fighting, tired of being mean, tired of being mad, tired of being.... just angry at the world and myself." Benji
    " I like to eat dinner every night" - garth from wayn'e world 2

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I thoght the same thing. She wasn't funny- she was annyoing and not very pretty to boot. And I won't even start on them making fun of her being a dental hygenist- I love mine and don't know what I would do without her!
    She (I think her name was Normi?) was frightening! I think she started on Lisa after the first talk. Remember when she asked Lisa if she did teeth cleanings, and Lisa replied she did therapy on the teeth? Maybe that was seen as an ego-inflated affront to her? Maybe the neighbors took Lisa's remarks about the houses being too crammed and small and being one color as an ego trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    She (I think her name was Normi?) was frightening! I think she started on Lisa after the first talk. Remember when she asked Lisa if she did teeth cleanings, and Lisa replied she did therapy on the teeth? Maybe that was seen as an ego-inflated affront to her? Maybe the neighbors took Lisa's remarks about the houses being too crammed and small and being one color as an ego trip.
    I got the feeling that the nieghbors had already been *clued into* Lisa by the husband before that so they went out to talk to her with preconceived notions about her. I thought (for once ) Lisa was actually being very nice and not pushy at all. Her comments about the houses were just observations- quite different than where she lives and she was just making conversation. I thought they were trying their best to make her uncomfortable. As for her saying she does *dental therapy*- it was a joke. Kind of like me saying that I'm a domestic goddess. It sounds more glamourous than homemaker. But yet, in their teeny little brains, the neighbors couldn't see it for the joke it was.

I think she was just comparing their lifestyle to hers, and telling them how different things were. The being cramped up on top of each other was different than the country living she was used too. That wasnt trying to intimidate them, just making conversation. The "trailer" remark was too much. When they were making fun of her being a "dental hygenist" I was astonished. There is nothing wrong with doing that type of work. Dental hygenists have to go to college and be trained to clean teeth and it is an honest living. The brunette with the big mouth was totally out of line, and was being a bitch to Lisa. I dont think she was nice on the boat with her other friends either. They may have more money to beautify themselves up and to dress the way they do, but they are not better than Lisa. After watching their behavior, I was wondering if Samantha behaved this way off camera. She seemed to nice to have friends like that. I do hope Samantha watches this last episode and see how her "down to earth" friends treated the Mom (or guest) in her absence. No matter how Lisa behaved, it did not justify these bimbos behaving the way they did on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I do hope Samantha watches this last episode and see how her "down to earth" friends treated the Mom (or guest) in her absence. No matter how Lisa behaved, it did not justify these bimbos behaving the way they did on the boat.
    ITA.

Based on how she behaved with the Bowers family, I perceived Sam as being nothing at all like her "friends". If that was an act she was putting on, my hat's off to her, because that was the best I've EVER seen.

I didn't --- and still don't --- think it's possible for ANYBODY to sustain an act, a put-on, for that length of time.

But, who really knows?

I liked Sam. Still do. I sure as hell hope she'll watch this, then have enough sense to drop those "friends" of hers like they're hot.

Oh, and another thought crossed my mind . . .

Lisa allocated $10,000 for orthodontia for Katie Pilek, right?

Since she does "dental therapy" for a living, you'd kind of maybe think she'd have a more reasonable take on what the price for orthodontia would be.

Wouldn't you?

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 08-11-2004 at 11:40 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I was thinking the same thing about the 10,000 orthodonta for Katie. I am sure she has some idea the cost of it.

+ Reply to Thread