+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Lisa Bowers reaped what she sowed. It was ridiculous for her to fuss and cry because no one made her feel welcome, when all she did from day one was criticize the family and complain. Nobody did anything "to her". All they did was react naturally to her obnoxious behavior. Nobody wanted to be around her. What a surprise. Lisa expected to be treated like a guest, to be catered to. Since when are MOMS catered to? At least last week, the moms were supposed to put on the party. Were they the guests this week? I don't know. If Jurek wasn't dancing attendence on her, could it be that she'd so completely alientated everyone by that point that he just couldn't stand her anymore?

And what is with $10,000 for Katie's orthodontics?? Unless Katie has a serious jaw disorder, and no health insurance, it should be half of that--at the most expensive orthodontist in Laguna Beach. Trust me, I have a 9 year old with major underbite in Malibu. I wonder what will happen to the excess. Lisa's other designations were just as ridiculous. I can't remember how much she gave for a family room sectional sofa (so the family can spend time together) but it was equally outrageous. Lisa had the idea that just because Jurek avoided HER and the kids hid in their rooms while SHE was there, that they do that all the time.

One final thing that bugged me about her: when Sam and Lisa got together in the end, Lisa had nothing nice to say. She was just plain obnoxious all around.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thought Lisa was rude to Sam when they met. She had absolutely nothing nice to say to the lady that obviously made an impact on Lisa's children. For god's sake, they woke up to say goodbye to Sam, but not Lisa Does that tell you anything??? You need to encourage your children, not put them down constently. and believe it or not, they do not want parents that joke around and are loud all the time. :rolleyes I wanted to reach into the tv when Lisa was reading the note that Sam wrote and was laughing at it. Sam obviously took the time to get to know the family she was with and write them each a little good bye. Good for Sam for showing she is a classy woman.

As far as Sam's friends go, they were just plain rude. They were not all that, so they had no right to make a judgement on someone they didn't even know.

And as far as spending the money for the other family. Sam made some really good choices. She got to know the family and what they wanted. Lisa on the other hand just chose things because she had to. She definately did not put any thought into it. The more I saw of Lisa, the more I don't like her.
    Last edited by combatcutie; 08-11-2004 at 12:38 PM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fan
    sam's friends were definitely rude in talking about lisa, especially if she was within earshot.....hello??? didn't they see the cameras and know this would be on national tv??
    i don't know why lisa was under the impression the week was an all-inclusive vacation and she was there to be pampered...from the first minute at the airport she was obnoxious and annoying, what did she expect from the family??
    sam really made an effort to get to know the kids and encourage them, something they obviously wanted and needed and appreciated. i hope the dad sees the impact and makes some changes in parenting in spite of lisa.
    lisa was heckling the son at the batting cage just like the dad was to his son at bowling....while sam was encouraging the gutter-ball kid

and the neighbors outside weren't as bad as the friends on the boat....they probably got tired of lisa talking about how she could fit all of their houses in her yard....like she was bragging....so they were defensive and asked about the size of her trailer....honestly, that should have been the type of banter she is used to back at home, with people trying to outdo each other in their put-downs

didn't look like lisa made much of an attempt to act like a normal person and start off on the right foot and get to know the family and the family dynamics....she just barged right in and did her thing without thinking about the consequences of her actions.
    sam seemed like a really nice person....and hopefully she is ashamed at how the friends came off in editing.
    hopefully the bowers kids are impacted by her thoughts and actions, and remember her support at times when the parents aren't giving it.

/at the bowers party, the neighbors were like 'yeah, it's been pretty quite over here this week, we wondered what was going on'

I was really hoping Lisa would leave all of the pieks money to the maid.
    I didn't care for the Pieks at all.

On a side note, I hope the Bower's family watches the show and realizes how fracturious thier behavior is. Lisa really needs to gets some theraphy.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I sure hope that every ADULT that participated in this show watched and realized what asses they made of themselves. Of course they'll all blame editing. :rolleyes

With the exception of Mrs Pilek.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Ok please don't quote me on any of this being totally exact, but I'm gonna try and remember as much as I can....

Samantha left for the Bowers...money for a big screen tv/surround sound system, $5k for each kid, a trip to Mexico for the family, a sectional sleeper sofa for the living room, and a jacuzzi/deck for the back of the house. (there might have been something else in there, it just seems like there should be...although she left what I thought was a LOT of money for the deck, so maybe she intended it to go to the house in general). She did also leave nice little personal notes for the kids that Lisa proceeded to laugh at which sorta ticked me off.

Lisa left for the Pileks...money for a slide for the pool, a jacuzzi, family room furniture, orthodontic care for the little girl, and ummm there had to be more in there but I have no clue what it was.

She griped about the car, did she leave money for it?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    No...and I was wondering why she didn't. Strange.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    She griped about the car, did she leave money for it?

I don't think so. Most of the money went for a deck, something like $15,000
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mrs.P was obviously talking to the family and Mr.B was a little defensive about their car but he was very happy about the deck - so I'd have to say that Mrs.P did a bang up job. Mrs. B on the other hand .. just YIKES!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ness
    When they were showing clips earlier in the show, they showed one of Lisa saying something to the effect of: "If I piss you off . . . Oh well!"
    Yes, exactly! I hate people who claim to have this type of attitude. Its obviously a defense mechanism but it is also a self-fulfilling prophecy. People won't like you if you act like this, so change Lisa or, as you say, get over it.

Mr. Sam's Husband, you've got way more than you deserve with that wife.

Sam's neighbors, ain't it great to have friends just like you? Then, you can say you're perfect and nobody calls you on it. Hey, Ms. Overbite, for God's sake keep your tongue in your mouth and quit laughing at your own incomprehensible jokes. You're not pretty and you're not funny.

And regarding the neighbors making fun of Lisa's profession. Weren't they making fun of the fact that she insisted that she didn't clean teeth but conducted tooth therapy? I know we all pad our resumes a bit but come on Lisa. Say what you are and be proud. You're making an honest living, as opposed to those gold-digging silicone bimbos. If you clean teeth and you do it well, then you have my respect. Now just try to give your kids a little praise, looks like they crave it. Otherwise they'll take off with the first guy/girl that makes them feel special, and that's not always the best choice to make at 16 or 17. Fun show, though.

+ Reply to Thread