+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Shallow Mr. Pilek

Jurek was such a shallow, mean man, and the kids were self-absorbed brats. Lisa was a guest in their house, and they treated her incredibly poorly. She did NOT deserve that kind of treatment. The California bimbos on the yacht were equally shallow, and delusional if they think they are "down to earth." Had I been given the opportunity to alot the fifty grand to them, I would have spent it all on ettiquet lessons and some relationship training with Dr. Phil. Jerks.

A thought about Lisa just crossed my mind . . .

When they were showing clips earlier in the show, they showed one of Lisa saying something to the effect of: "If I piss you off . . . Oh well!"

Then later on, they were showing clips of her mewling and whining about how nobody made her feel welcome, etc.

Lisa just didn't seem to realize that she couldn't have her cake and eat it, too.

Being loud and obnoxious is a turn-off.

And if you truly DON'T care if you piss people off or not, don't complain when people give you a wide berth because of your being loud and obnoxious and you piss them off with that.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kao
    The Pilek mom was a complete sweetie, completely down to earth. When she got home her kids showed more enthusiam than they did on the whole show. She is truly the glue that holds that family together, because hubby seemed...kinda cold. But that could be because it might not have been his idea in the first place to come on this show. He seemed really uncomfortable with the whole idea. The son really felt like Lisa didn't like him, and it's very hard to like someone when you feel that way, guest or no guest.

Lisa's children were very polite and likable, so if nothing else she should be proud of that.

I know families who have maids who parents actually make them clean up a bit before the maid gets there, so for the Pilek children to not know how to fold their own clothes and other things is...crippling in a sense. You generally won't have maid service when you go off to college, and I really feel sorry for their future roomates.

The Pilek neighbors were real JERKS. I cant believe the bimbos bragging on how beautiful they were, and how they were this and that and Lisa was insecure and crap. Sorry but they are not down to earth and they treated her so damn disrespectfully. She is a dental hygenist and they had a problem with her job?? I dont get this family and their neighbors, and cant even comprehend Samantha being in the middle of it all.. as nice and sweet as she was.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    On the Pilek neighbours... was the really tan facelifted one on crack or something?
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    Darn, I missed it! I thought it was on at 9:00 PM. How did the wives spend the money??
    Ok please don't quote me on any of this being totally exact, but I'm gonna try and remember as much as I can....

Samantha left for the Bowers...money for a big screen tv/surround sound system, $5k for each kid, a trip to Mexico for the family, a sectional sleeper sofa for the living room, and a jacuzzi/deck for the back of the house. (there might have been something else in there, it just seems like there should be...although she left what I thought was a LOT of money for the deck, so maybe she intended it to go to the house in general). She did also leave nice little personal notes for the kids that Lisa proceeded to laugh at which sorta ticked me off.

Lisa left for the Pileks...money for a slide for the pool, a jacuzzi, family room furniture, orthodontic care for the little girl, and ummm there had to be more in there but I have no clue what it was.

Kao
    That REALLY ticked me off, the way Lisa read that note that Sam left. It seemed like she was jealous of the fact that Sam really hit it off with everyone there, and it was completely uncalled for. Sometimes, things are what you make them. Sam went there with the intention of having a great time, and she did. Lisa seemed like she went there with the attitude of "I'm going to show these brats a thing or two!" and ended up alienating them. Also, I think that maybe the husband would have been a lot nicer to her had she not made that remark of "being so close you could bite my face off" remark from the very beginning."

There is no doubt that Lisa is a love her or hate type of woman and I can't say I would be in the 'love her' group, however she was never given a chance by anyone at the Pilek's. The women (and I use that term loosely) were caddy, self-righteous witches. The toast to Sam wherever she may be; the husband?? giggles; and the amount of class my 5 yr old has. It was obvious Lisa didnt fit in but OMG to bash her on national TV when you have known her for 2 hours?? That was just plain ignorant.
    Samantha seems like a wonderful person at heart and I wonder what her opinion of her friends & family's actions will be after tonight.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    What made me laugh was the ladies who were standing around saying that "Lisa was intimidated, Lisa was this, Lisa was that, they didn't like her, etc." Oh, it couldn't possibly be because you guys are all grouped in a corner talking about her WITHIN EARSHOT, and one of your "winner" neighbors just assumed that she lived in a trailer park!

In their defense though, in a situation like that sometimes you have to put yourself out there and try to be friendly, or at least smile. Lisa stayed in the corner and didn't exactly look approachable either. But seeing what happened when she talked to the neighbors earlier, I can't say that I blame her much.

She stayed in the corner because she felt unwelcome. And im sure pilek and friends went out of their ways to make her feel uncomfortable.
    Those women are a bunch of botox shooting, liposucting bags. They aren't better than lisa and i doubt lisa was intimidated by them. Obviously they showed that money doesn't=class and beauty on the outside(at most bought)=inscurities and ugliness on the insde.

I agree that Samantha's friends were horrible at the party. It's a boat - can't you assume that everyone is in earshot? I can't believe they couldn't wait to trash her like that.

But I really disliked the way Lisa Bowers talked to the children. If it's a choice between smothering them with positive comments and praise versus cutting, derisive remarks, I'll take the sappy parenting method any day.

Lisa had a completely different high-pitched breathy voice when she was talking about how the country is superior to the Pilek home, her friends are down-to-earth, etc. Her voice when talking to her own kids and husband was Rosanne having a bad day. She was so happy to be back where she could act like a jackass all the time because everyone was used to it.

Someone close to me was raised with parents who constantly cut their kids down because they believed if you praise kids they become spoiled. Instead, you raise kids with crushed spirits who don't trust in their own worth. I hope Mrs. Bowers will consider other ways of motivating her children.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread