+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

How sad for Lisa that they don't even miss her at her house - they consider her absence an improvement!

Someone needs to inform the Pilek's neighbor Normi she isn't cute despite all the plastic surgery she has had.

Mr. Pilek is clueless if he can't understand why Lisa is up in her room. I didn't think anything could make Tammy and Mr. Nakamuri look good in comparison but somehow Mr. Pilek and his disgusting neighbors have accomplished the feat

What I don't get is that Sam's friends were surprised she called herself a dental hygienist. Well, that is what she is. A firefighter doesn't say "I fight fires" he says I'm a fireman. So I didn't get their reasoning.

I don't think the Pilek dad was very fond of this idea in the first place, he just wants it to end. I can't blame him.

The Bowers son was so upset that Sam's leaving.
    That really must suck for Mrs. Bowers that her kids didnt even miss her.

Wow, how phony can you get? Those people were rude, and had the nerve to talk about Lisa behind her back, WITH IN EARSHOT! Lisa has her faults, but show a little class. Those kids have very unreal expectations. The parents should encourage them to reach for the stars, but have a backup plan in case you can't quite grasp them. :rolleyes :rolleyes

So, how did the moms spend the money?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Lisa is a bull in a china shop with boobs . . .

However . . .

The Pilek neighbors are certainly no prizes.

I hope they watch this and are ashamed of themselves.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and to echo an earlier poster: It doesn't cost anything to be nice to people. It's not like they were actually going to wind up living around/with Lisa, so what was it going to hurt them to try to be welcoming, even if she isn't their social class, etc.?
    Last edited by ness; 08-10-2004 at 09:48 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Darn, I missed it! I thought it was on at 9:00 PM. How did the wives spend the money??

I hope the Pilek family has to spend some of it on etiquette lessons.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Kao
    What made me laugh was the ladies who were standing around saying that "Lisa was intimidated, Lisa was this, Lisa was that, they didn't like her, etc." Oh, it couldn't possibly be because you guys are all grouped in a corner talking about her WITHIN EARSHOT, and one of your "winner" neighbors just assumed that she lived in a trailer park!

In their defense though, in a situation like that sometimes you have to put yourself out there and try to be friendly, or at least smile. Lisa stayed in the corner and didn't exactly look approachable either. But seeing what happened when she talked to the neighbors earlier, I can't say that I blame her much.

+ Reply to Thread