+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Decan, Qboots meant trading Rich Mom#1, Tammy, and Rich Mom #2, Samantha. Nothing about the Bowers.
    my bad i need to get my eyes check i sincerely apologise

Not a problem Decan...I had to read Qboots sentence a few times myself to make sure she meant the Rich Moms
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    First off nobody invited no one.
    There was a party. That people were invited to. Where Mr. Pilek tended to the guests and ignored Lisa, and his friends made catty comments about her. Again, she may not be perfect (who is?), but were I in that situation, I would confront her about things that bothered me, not talk behind her back as if I were in grade school.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Maybe where they went wrong was by not having a discussion when Lisa first got there. Mr Snot could have told her what was acceptable and what was not. And by all indication, many people here would have had him to tell her to leave right off the bat. Or at the least not to leave her room. Her being a little overweight could easily rub off on some of them, Lord help. Most certainly when she asked one of the kids to get up off the couch, probably to see if they still had a pulse, she was way overstepping her bounds. Why should they have to put up with any sort of inconvenience just to get a lousy $50,000 that they probably didn't want or need?
    I liked what I saw of Mrs Pilek but have to wonder how much of it was real. As I said somewhere else, why would a perfectly nice person have the husband and friends she had? Maybe she's just a little more TV savvy than the other members of the show.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I agree with you Muduh. I think if the kids had a problem with Lisa I think they should have communicated it to her instead of giving her the silent treatment and the cold shoulder. Maybe the father told them to ignore her and since she is just there for the week. I know she wasn't the best "mommy" but I think things could have been different if there was better communication. Lisa was probably oblivious or ignorant to their dislikes. All she was aware of was the way they treated her when they didn't like what she did or say. I think it was a combination of lack of communication and misunderstanding of actions. As far as Samantha, I definitely think she was TV savvy and exploited the kid's "I love you" for her outward appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    As far as Samantha, I definitely think she was TV savvy and exploited the kid's "I love you" for her outward appearance.
    I thought when she met Lisa and was telling her that about Eric telling her he loved her, I thought it was told as if she was making fun of it. She even was telling her family once she got home, and it sounded almost sarcastic too. Did anyone else think that??

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    As far as Samantha, I definitely think she was TV savvy and exploited the kid's "I love you" for her outward appearance.
    I felt as if she were flaunting it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I liked what I saw of Mrs Pilek but have to wonder how much of it was real. As I said somewhere else, why would a perfectly nice person have the husband and friends she had? Maybe she's just a little more TV savvy than the other members of the show.
    I have an answer to that, and it won't be popular with anyone who lives in the same area as the Pileks.

Based on my experiences during the time I lived in Orange County, Samantha is an exact representation of what most women there are like. Blonde (OF COURSE!), perfectly thin and gorgeous (either natural or surgically altered), and sweet as pie. Because being sweet is how they attract the men who will finance the lifestyle they want to live.

Why is Mr. Pilek such an S.O.B.? Because he knows Samantha will put up with him regardless. She's in it for the lifestyle his income provides to her; he's in it for the pretty little thing he can trot out when needed, who makes a nice home for him and gives birth to his children. What's love got to do with it?

This may not be a real family to you and me. But in OC-World it's totally real and totally common.

Told ya you wouldn't like my response.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Karennz, I tend to agree with you, but that phenomenon is not limited to California. In my office alone, there are about 6 men who have the perky pretty thin young blonde wives who are just the typical trophy wives for social occasions. The guys are total tools, but they have money. The wives will be sweet as honey to you, but they can be seriously vicious, even with their lilting southern accent and never-ending smile.

That said, I do think that Sam was sincere at some times, but after watching the 2nd episode again, I'm not sure her encouragement of the kids wasn't also a tad condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    I have an answer to that, and it won't be popular with anyone who lives in the same area as the Pileks.

Based on my experiences during the time I lived in Orange County, Samantha is an exact representation of what most women there are like. Blonde (OF COURSE!), perfectly thin and gorgeous (either natural or surgically altered), and sweet as pie. Because being sweet is how they attract the men who will finance the lifestyle they want to live.

Why is Mr. Pilek such an S.O.B.? Because he knows Samantha will put up with him regardless. She's in it for the lifestyle his income provides to her; he's in it for the pretty little thing he can trot out when needed, who makes a nice home for him and gives birth to his children. What's love got to do with it?

This may not be a real family to you and me. But in OC-World it's totally real and totally common.

Told ya you wouldn't like my response.
    I really was interested in your observations. It sure makes a lot of sense to me. Samantha obviously didn't marry Mr P for his charm or good looks. Now I personally would have to draw the line somewhere. Would money be worth spending my life with THAT? But to each her own.
    These two families are total opposites which makes for good tv. We all have a right to chose which side we are more comfortable with. I can identify mostly with the down to earth family but could like some things about the other mother, just not the other family members. I think that if I had to spend a week with either bunch it would be the Bowers. I could always spend my time visiting with the neighbors, who seemed very nice.

+ Reply to Thread