+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The Pilek kids' resentment of, and annoyance with, the Bowers mom over the chores is completely understandable. They pay a maid. That's not Nana the enslaved grandma. The maid is a paid employee. For a stranger to come into their home, make a snap judgement that today the kids will do the work, is over-stepping. She was jealous. She didn't like to see people getting out of doing chores that her family has to do. She went out of her way to teach those lazy kids a lesson . For her to expect that they would happily change their lives for her and thank her for it, is unrealistic. I'm sure if she'd asked the maid to go home early, without the extra hour's pay those chores provide, the maid would also have resented it.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    The Pilek kids' resentment of, and annoyance with, the Bowers mom over the chores is completely understandable. They pay a maid. That's not Nana the enslaved grandma. The maid is a paid employee. For a stranger to come into their home, make a snap judgement that today the kids will do the work, is over-stepping. She was jealous. She didn't like to see people getting out of doing chores that her family has to do. She went out of her way to teach those lazy kids a lesson . For her to expect that they would happily change their lives for her and thank her for it, is unrealistic. I'm sure if she'd asked the maid to go home early, without the extra hour's pay those chores provide, the maid would also have resented it.

You make good points MalibuPam. I agree, it is unreasonable to expect to change who they are and how they live. I think Mrs. Bowers went into this with the wrong expectation. People live their lives differently. I really am not fond of Mr. Pilek but the children are basically who they have been raised to be. I wonder if Mrs. Pilek will hire a maid to visit the kid's college dormroom or apt.

FORT Regular
    I would love to be a fly on the wall when the producers are egging on the families in this show. :rolleyes

Both Moms have their ickier points and better points - but if they showed as being level-headed, normal Moms, then where would the show be?

Instead, one Mom gets drunk and says stuff she shouldn't... and one Mom goes on and on about how inexpensive a Jaguar is (I'm hoping that my next paycheck will cover one since they are so cheap )... I guess it keeps us watching.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

FORT Fogey
    What I don't understand is why the 12 year old sat there and watched Mrs. Bowers clean the house, and didn't tell her they had a maid. Weird. And rude.

I thought it was weird no one told her about the maid. But with or without a maid, the way Mrs. Bowers announced the new rules to the family is probably what made the transition worse. If maybe she had asked or been more polite about it, others would maybe be more accepting. But she comes off as brash and the family as defensive.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Watches2MuchTV

I thought it was weird no one told her about the maid. But with or without a maid, the way Mrs. Bowers announced the new rules to the family is probably what made the transition worse. If maybe she had asked or been more polite about it, others would maybe be more accepting. But she comes off as brash and the family as defensive.
    True. If she had gone directly to them and politely asked why they didn't tell her instead of getting peeved about it, she may have had them open up to her a little. That family and Mrs. Bowers seem more "out to get each other' than the others.

It was deplorable that the Pilek Dad just sat there in his chair while Lisa Bowers had no where to sit, at the very least he should have told one of his kids to get out of their chairs. Kids can't learn manners if they have no one to set an example. It's pretty obvious though that the Pilek Dad wanted no part of this show to begin with.
    Also appalling was Lisa Bowers behavior at dinner - you don't drink like that in front of kids, I thought is was scary - and you don't criticize parenting in front of the kids either. She hasn't been there long enough to make the call that the Pilek Dad spends to much time with his son over his daughter. Although, to me he kind of seems like someone who doesn't like women all that much - I don't know what Tammy sees in him.

tab
    FORT Newbie
    Lisa is getting back exactly what she dishes out. How the Pilek children and hubby are treating her is no different from how we saw her own family treat her.

Quote Originally Posted by tab
    Lisa is getting back exactly what she dishes out. How the Pilek children and hubby are treating her is no different from how we saw her own family treat her.
    Amen.

ITA.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

This time i did get to see the whole beach scene and Mr. Pilek has no manners.
    Lisa even acknowledged not being able to sit.

+ Reply to Thread